• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto SD 23

KiUPf.jpg

Look at that adorable creature of mass destruction.

Some gags, a decently fresh idea of body swapping. It wasn't amazingly funny but wasn't too stupid to hate.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
the fuck is a Sora

I don't remember anyone mentioning Kingdom Hearts in here.

Since it's a co-production and that video is listed as the "Japanese version", my guess is that the show will also air in Japan at least.

Looking at the video again, I can't believe that I overlooked the "Japanese version" designation. That's some hope, then.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Go_Ly_Dow

Second rate troll. Apparently duckroll and Hitokage approve of your act enough, so I guess I shouldn't say anything.

I don't think posting your feelings on shows and characters you like is considered trolling. He just likes to have fun in this thread as we all do.

cajunator

Banned
word of advice, don't google image hairy anus.

Heed this advice. It is wise. It will spare you much pain.

Some footage has emerged for that French co-production with Toei, the magical girl show Lady Bug. You'll have to excuse the music accompanying it, but the show itself looks neat.

Looks fun. I think I saw this before and may have even hnnged over it.

That's just semantics. People look for different things in all mediums. There's a difference between criticizing an opinion and criticizing a person because of their opinions. Who are you to say what's wrong and right?

I was wondering the same. Who is Femmeworth to tell us what is acceptable to enjoy or not?

Im somehow a second rate person? Thats not very nice :(

We love you DTL. You like what you like man theres nothing wrong with that. Just be you.

Jex

With the additional work I had this past month, and the continuous activity here that becomes so addictive, I decided to stop visiting coinciding with the previous change of threads... it was hard (not gonna lie to you) but I certainly needed to come back already!

Glad to see that busterbeam Gutsy Frog finally appeared on these seasonal threads... when I first saw on NeoGAF such username and avatar (that probably comes from a Pyonkichi reaction image similar to the ones he has used on 4Chan, no less) I immediately thought on him... you see, without coming to show your knowledge around this far-off 'Community' place I was starting to doubt that user was you! I'm happy to see some of your posts in here.

And now I'll proceed to read more than 23.000 of your previous posts, silly people. See you again after that (soon, I hope)!

Oh look, you're still around. Hi there!

Ezalc

Seems like quite a few of the people in here are deep in the salt mines. People need to be more relaxed man, look at me I'm basically shitting rainbows! Fun times man, fun times.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You can be friends with little soccer catgirl!
(might use this as a future avatar if I can make it work)
8JgQk.png

zDHsf.png
ApAyF.png

ta-da! two slightly different zooms for you to pick from.

I hope you do it so I can stop mistaking you for cwarrior, lol

3Kaze

27 000 entries for Wolf Children in 5 days in France. Not bad at all.
25 000 tickets sold to date for Summer Wars and 11 000 tickets sold in its first week.

Reknoc

Seems like quite a few of the people in here are deep in the salt mines. People need to be more relaxed man, look at me I'm basically shitting rainbows! Fun times man, fun times.

You may be eating too many skittles if you're shitting rainbows.

/XX/

Many thanks for your welcomes! I really appreciate something like that... it was only a month, and it seems like an eternity has passed and I enlisted to fight a war in the meantime or something.

More changes, more changes I'm seeing... now kayos90 is second-in-command, and amazingly I just saw this post:

What the fuck? How am I on the wall of shame? Omg... you and your corrupting powers!!!

Corruption complete, man... sorry!

Any other important changes or special events here that I've missed?

Oh look, you're still around. Hi there!
Did you expect me to simply go and don't come back again like a coward would do?

"Not yet, Jexhius! It's not over yet!"/Liquid

Dresden

Any important changes or special events here that I've missed?

same thing as usual, tbh.

---

thought this was amusingly bad weeabooary.

Let's start with my primary nails-on-a-chalkboard issue, the usage of the words "hai" and "sama", shall we? Here are a few examples of these words in action in Stormdancer:

Sama:
"That is more than fair." [...] "Ameterasu bless your kindness, sama."
"I want for nothing. Thank you, sama."
"He slew Boukyaku, young sama. The sea dragon who consumed the island of Takaiyama."
"Honor to you, great sama."
"What is Raijin song, sama?"
"Forgiveness, sama."
"Apologies, sama."

...and so on and so forth.

Hai:
"These cloudwalkers were men of the kitsune clan, hai?"
"I have no doubt of your success. The man who stood beside my father as he slew the last nagaraja of Shima will not be trouble by a simple thunder tiger, hai?"
"You must keep it secret." [...] "It is a gift, hai, but it is not one to be squandered..."
"The solitude is pleasant, hai?"
"I can get into the trees, hai."
"Just deck-hands on a sky-ship, hai?"

...etc.

And both together, for a double-slap to the face of any immersion you've managed to scrounge up:
"Sama, please. Enough for one day, hai?"

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
More changes, more changes I'm seeing... now kayos90 is second-in-command, and amazingly I just saw this post:

Corruption complete, man... sorry!

FUUUUUUU

I wrote a dissertation on shounen, Tomat got banned (who I'm not sure you know), couple people came in to ask for recommendations, people went crazy over shows going downhill or uphill or not being as long as they thought, excitement over announcements for fall season.

Pretty much the usual.

cajunator

Banned
Just this one little detail that I have noticed watching Sword Art Online that bothers me.
Ok, we are made aware at the beginning that this game cannot be exited. you cant walk away from it and do real life things anymore.
I'm on episode 8 now and Kirito says "nearly two years have passed". So for two years they have been at this game, trapped in it. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT DEAD FROM LACK OF NUTRIENTS? Water? Food? Are these things not necessary to live? They can eat in the game, but their real bodies are still starving in the meantime.

Dresden

Just this one little detail that I have noticed watching Sword Art Online that bothers me.
Ok, we are made aware at the beginning that this game cannot be exited. you cant walk away from it and do real life things anymore.
I'm on episode 8 now and Kirito says "nearly two years have passed". So for two years they have been at this game, trapped in it. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT DEAD FROM LACK OF NUTRIENTS? Water? Food? Are these things not necessary to live? They can eat in the game, but their real bodies are still starving in the meantime.

Welcome to two months ago when the internet asked itself this endlessly.

Apparently everyone trapped in the game was moved to various hospitals and put on life support. At least thats what I've been told from novel readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom