• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

That face has more emotion in it than any of the characters in Hyouka.

ibrkjkKxpGXuYv.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't tell if you're actually being serious or not. That was really just a commentary on MAL metascores in general!

I run through MAL for shows to watch. Generally anything thats rated highly over there I enjoy and anything thats near or below an 8 I try to avoid. I mean there are exceptions both ways but I don't feel like its that awful of a barometer.

This was hands down the best episode of Hyouka. Precisely because Oreki and Chitanda stop being so god damn boring. I blame it all on Mayaka and Fukube dragging everybody down into soulless husks like themselves.

I hated the Festival arc but damn everything after it has been so worthwhile.

wonzo

Banned
This was hands down the best episode of Hyouka. Precisely because Oreki and Chitanda stop being so god damn boring. I blame it all on Mayaka and Fukube dragging everybody down into soulless husks like themselves.

I hated the Festival arc but damn everything after it has been so worthwhile.
hyouka15c.jpg

jman2050

Good expressions don't count for much when they're attached to horrible Itou Noiji uguu~ faces.

I'll concede this point. Not that I particularly care for Hyouka's character designs either.

Eh, maybe the movie.

And Season 2. For as much of a bad idea as Endless Eight was (for so so many reasons) it's some of KyoAni's best visual work for sure.

We can all agree that K-on is the best, right?

...right?

No

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Then I await your inevitable Bleach marathon.

8.01 - I'm safe.

I've watched most of Bleach anyway. It wasn't that awful but it takes like 2 minutes to read a couple chapters that they try to stretch into 20 minutes. Pacing is already an issue with those kind of shows to begin with but its really the case with Bleach.

Also I find it hilarious that all these Hyouka picture reactions are from the LAST FEW EPISODES of Hyouka. The ones that I've repeatedly said were quite enjoyable and the best of the entire show. Thank you for agreeing with me. But the last 3 episodes don't make up for the crap that was the rest of the show.

Branduil

8.01 - I'm safe.

I've watched most of Bleach anyway. It wasn't that awful but it takes like 2 minutes to read a couple chapters that they try to stretch into 20 minutes. Pacing is already an issue with those kind of shows to begin with but its really the case with Bleach.

Also I find it hilarious that all these Hyouka picture reactions are from the LAST FEW EPISODES of Hyouka. The ones that I've repeatedly said were quite enjoyable and the best of the entire show. Thank you for agreeing with me. But the last 3 episodes don't make up for the crap that was the rest of the show.

Branduil

I run through MAL for shows to watch. Generally anything thats rated highly over there I enjoy and anything thats near or below an 8 I try to avoid. I mean there are exceptions both ways but I don't feel like its that awful of a barometer.

Angel Beats is rated 8.58 on MAL, all of the scores are automatically invalid.

Soma

Except mine was from the Film Arc brah.

J90ql.jpg

which was also good!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We can all agree that K-on is the best, right?

...right?

Having the features of your characters' faces freely floating around their head like organelles in a single-celled organism doesn't quite count as expression, I think.

This reminds of when darkside wouldn't shut up about Penguin Drum being terrible.

That was like half of animegaf, tho. Didn't make them any more right, of course.

wonzo

Banned
hyouka11c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom