• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the features of your characters' faces freely floating around their head like organelles in a single-celled organism doesn't quite count as expression, I think.

Nsiqk.jpg

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
9 and 20 aren't that silly.

16 >>> 9 and 20

Shit is fun yo.

9 and 20 and just Penguindrum brand regular silly drama, I can't even begin to care about Himari's crazy wresting team Triple H. Or Shoma doing anything ever.

jman2050

The only bad episodes of Penguindrum are the Goro episodes and Yuri's whole nonsense halfway through the series (I don't remember if these overlap or not)

Branduil

I'm glad Lucky Star existed to bring about this change within KyoAni for this very reason.

I didn't really like the visuals of Lucky Star. The colors were too garish and the background too bland. K-on definitely started their era of total visual competence, and Hyouka and Nichijou are their most visually cohesive shows yet. I hope Chuunibyo isn't the step back with art direction that it looks like.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
*Walks in*

*Sees K-On being a main topic*

*Walks back out*

Heathen.

I didn't really like the visuals of Lucky Star. The colors were too garish and the background too bland. K-on definitely started their era of total visual competence, and Hyouka and Nichijou are their most visually cohesive shows yet. I hope Chuunibyo isn't the step back with art direction that it looks like.

Lucky Star is the point in which KyoAni stopped being Keyface and started doing cartoonish/real hybrid character designs good for expressive and interesting animation. Though Clannad wasn't bad looking.

jman2050

Nichijou is by far KyoAni's best looking show.

It has their trademark high quality production with a visual style that, shockingly, is actually creative.

jman2050

Consistently well animation and directed. It's also more consistently funny, but we all know that. :>

Ha, a joke. Funny.

Well, funnier than K-On at least, not that that's really an accomplishment.

Seriously, Tokyo Mew Mew? Penguindrum? Anything else?

Ultimadrago

Nichijou is by far KyoAni's best looking show.

It has their trademark high quality production with a visual style that, shockingly, is actually creative.

i89rdiBTevX6c.gif

I haven't forgotten that you dislike the show, but acknowledging anything positive about Nichijou?

Where am I?

Wait... so what do I need to know about /XX/? Did I miss something? I'm confused...

A poster of the highest caliber.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If I speak it aloud it shall catch his attention, which in turn begets even more random posts about SAO!

This thread is just a tinder box waiting to explode into several pages of waifu wars at the slightest provocation. We must tread lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom