• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a death trap for me right now.

I'm laughing like a moron in the office because of some of the last page's Hyouka reaction image exhibition (can that be a thing?).

Clearly I need to catch up on this show. Still haven't finished the
school festival
arc.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch SP 2

F7v0o.jpg

The episode in a screencap except
Hiro doesn't really go out with the guy, it's just Sae's fears drawn out.

Quite a bit of yuri undertones from Sae as expected in regards to Hiro getting a love letter. Sae is jealous while Yuno and Miyako just guess what will come out of the event. To be honest, didn't really like this one too much. It's hard to follow-up after the previous special where the Principal did a sakuga leap about forty feet into the air. Additionally, Sae's yuri angle has always been one of my lesser favorite aspects of the characterization subplots within the show. It is fine within select scenes sprinkled in certain episodes, but the first half was dominated.

On the bright side, the girls discuss boys in general and seeing Sae (obviously lie) about her love life is still amusing. Miyako, of course,
takes money from an old man for food. lol
Hiro was soft-spoken about the entire affair
( as she's soft spoken about anything not regarding her beauty)

I didn't jive well with the first half, but the final stretch was typical wideface conversation through and through.

Well, that's it for the first season of Hidamari Sketch. I will most likely start the fire for season two sooner than later as October isn't too far off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Perhaps it is because I know nothing of manga, but I think their manga-related guests are usually pretty swell too.
Oh yes, Deb and... the other guy are good too. But I suppose this is getting a guest who isn't really "in" the blogging thing like all their usual guests.

Although, maybe McCarthy is starting to watch anime with the ANN review scale in mind.

Hakuouki Reimeiroku 9

Althought not typically of fan of that romance, Serizawa interferring to the extent that it ruins Ryuunosuke's relatinoship with the girl was just not right.
The whole drama scene with Serizawa getting angry and forcing him to nearly cut some aspect of the girls hair off was intense and just plain tear inducing

The gore or whatever with the furies, even off screen still is a bit tough on me, I guess just the sound of them biting into the flesh, the splurt sound of the blood, combined with the dark make it really horrific.

Anyway wonder how the Fury issue and the Serizawa issue will resolve, and the fight/chat scene at the river side with Ryuunosuke and the other new recruit (forgot his name) was my favorite part, fighting one moment friends the next is always awesome.
------------

And with the start of a school year, more anime to add from the anime club here, guess Im adding that Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Nisemonogatari (saw a clip it has nice soundtrack, main character dude seems hilarious and has cool poses in some angles) to my watch list.

Dresden

Oh yes, Deb and... the other guy are good too. But I suppose this is getting a guest who isn't really "in" the blogging thing like all their usual guests.

Although, maybe McCarthy is starting to watch anime with the ANN review scale in mind.

so she's... selling out?

Articalys

Phi Brain S2 22

So he's one of those "all according to my plans" types, huh. I like the philanthropist cover identity he has too.
Next time seems to be
a throwdown between the villains or something; will probably take out Melancholy to leave just Klondike and Freecell for the final two episodes.

Jex

http://kokoro-connect.com/news/

It seems the Kokoro Connect drama might finally be coming to a sort of an end. They posted a second apology on the official site, and basically laid out all their marketing and promotional plans for this entire "joke".

At this point I don't know if anyone would really buy anything anyone involved says, since they don't believe Ichiki's blog post yesterday that he wasn't being bullied either. But anyway, here's the official explanation:

- It was meant to be one big long stupid promotional gag, where Ichiki is first "owned" by the fake candid camera audition thing when they had the early screening event for ep1. They then introduce him as the publicity face of the show.

- After this he continues promoting the show in various social media ways, all the while being pitiful and sad that he didn't actually get a role. This was all part of the gag where his "role" is basically to be the guy who failed to get in the show.

- After the TV broadcast of the show ends, they are planning some event on Sept 30th where they will reveal how they plan on releasing the remaining episodes of the show (ep14-17 I think), and they will also formally announce that Ichiki will be joining the cast from ep14 onwards. Happy ending for everyone.

Unfortunately this entire thing went out of hand, and the misunderstanding created a lot of tension for all the people involved, etc, and they apologize to everyone for the trauma and bad feelings that came out of this poorly planned "gag". They also apologize for the over acting involved in the variety segment where Ichiki was being "electrocuted" as part of his punishment game. They're very sorry that everyone got the wrong idea, etc.

Take that as you may.
What a clusterfuck.

Jex

I'm actually curious as to how much the constant marketing onslaught for Evangelion has contributed to its enduring popularity with otaku. With the decline of the mecha genre, surely a large percentage of fans discovering it for the first time must have become interested in the series through prior exposure to Rei and Asuka as generic objects of moe. I suppose that the advertising is doing its job, then.

Plus, internet arguments centred around Evangelion never, ever die. This is just another case in point.

duckroll

So what's the big deal about Gyrozetter anyway?

It's just a new kids anime with transforming robots based on a Square Enix arcade game. No big deal. The only notable things is that Dai Sato is writing it (looooool) and Naoki Sato is composing (OMG!). I'm looking forward to it because it looks like a fun kids show with ROBOTS.

Branduil

It's just a new kids anime with transforming robots based on a Square Enix arcade game. No big deal. The only notable things is that Dai Sato is writing it (looooool) and Naoki Sato is composing (OMG!). I'm looking forward to it because it looks like a fun kids show with ROBOTS.

Like Gundam AGE?

wonzo

Banned
Ahh, I see. Sounds interesting, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it!

Jex

I don't think it's a terrible film. In fact, I haven't even seen it. I just make fun of Goro Miyazaki because he's a terrible director and should be ashamed of his abuse of position instead of giving actual talented people a chance to direct more films at Ghibli and improve the studio. I've watched Earthsea. That's all I ever need to know about Goro Miyazaki.
Look, it's not really Goro's fault. He tried to kill his father at the beginning of Earthsea but obviously he wasn't strong enough.

duckroll

Like Gundam AGE?

The reverse Gundam AGE maybe. Since I actually like the people involved in this project!

Look, it's not really Goro's fault. He tried to kill his father at the beginning of Earthsea but obviously he wasn't strong enough.

I'm kinda surprised he didn't actually successfully kill his father after Hayao watched the finished film. How did the old man survive that?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Plus, internet arguments centred around Evangelion never, ever die. This is just another case in point.

On the bright side, I don't think that AnimeGAF has ever once seriously discussed, for instance, the "symbolism" in Evangelion except to openly mock it. That elevates the level of our discussion on the series above that of 99.9% of the online anime community, which is still trapped in 1996 and wholly (and blissfully?) unaware of anything that Anno has ever said about his own creation. Hell, more substantial discussions can occur as a result of of Eva waifu wars than the 2deep4u topics that are traditionally endlessly rekindled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom