• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best cheap CG are the ones in which you can reuse a bunch of shit often.

Just splash a different background and different filters over it.

Pretty sure Frontier did that all the time.

Has there been anime with stock CG footage for combination or transformation or w/e?

Branduil

Good 2D animation takes time and talent, and can't be something you can just half-ass too! Which explains a lot of anime too!

That's very true. But I think it's easier with hand-drawn animation to have a few good artists carry a large part of the creative load. CGI tends to require more specialization, and thus individual scenes will require more collaboration between multiple artists, rather than hand-drawn animation where you can have one guy do layouts and keyframes for an entire sequence.

I also personally think that CGI has certain inherent weaknesses that are usually only overcome with the very high budgets and large talent pools of major Hollywood films.

Uchip

Banned
Best cheap CG are the ones in which you can reuse a bunch of shit often.

Just splash a different background and different filters over it.

Pretty sure Frontier did that all the time.

Has there been anime with stock CG footage for combination or transformation or w/e?

the race epispode of symbionic titan is the only recent example of great use of cg cars
if that means anything
interested to see the next Initial D, and if they have some nice CG cars this time

wonzo

Banned
To be fair, I wouldn't trust a word out of that man's mouth, either.
annobeinganno.gif

http://www.project-magi.com/news/new...l?p=1&id=14734

Aside from the big actual event where they will announce the Magi anime cast on 9/30, they will also be broadcasting a Magi special on the Magi timeslot on 9/30 - a week before the show starts. This will probably be the usual special program where they introduce the show, have some guests, detail the announcements earlier that day, and show some exclusive footage to get people excited for the new show starting the following week.
Awesome. Get PV hype!

But, because it's Magi they're going to troll you by having zero new footage.
:(

Some footage has emerged for that French co-production with Toei, the magical girl show Lady Bug. You'll have to excuse the music accompanying it, but the show itself looks neat.
Says in the youtube description that it's an OVA. I wonder if they changed it from being a series. Either way, this looks good so I'll keep an eye out for it.

This might be a stupid question, but why is CG so terrible most of the time?
watch Kingdom. only then you'll understand

A new short teaser for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! that doesn't really show much of anything, but is suitably ominous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7PQ628bzIE
something something Baccano! ED

duckroll

Last week: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...duction-i.g-cancels-project-due-to-nonpayment
Update 2: Funimation has confirmed with ANN that its Mass Effect: Paragon Lost film is not affected by this cancellation story in any way and is still slated to be released as scheduled on November 13, 2012.

Today: https://twitter.com/MassEffectAnime/status/243115819280785408
Paragon Lost BD & DVD release date changes from 11.13.12 to 12.28.12.

Dum dum dumm....

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I run through MAL for shows to watch. Generally anything thats rated highly over there I enjoy and anything thats near or below an 8 I try to avoid. I mean there are exceptions both ways but I don't feel like its that awful of a barometer.
When a site doesn't have my opinions on it it can be deemed worthless. True facts.

Dude, it's the first time in like two weeks that the conversation hasn't been exclusively about SAO. Take what you can get!
Not my fault it's more fun to make fun of the show than watch it.

Gintama 102

I really wonder if turning someone into an otaku in order to overtake an organization is a viable plan to begin with.
And now you know what Ryo from Niconico's favourite costume is from.

I definitely notice when I have to scroll past multiple pages worth of posts.
You're missing out on the best part of the show!

Enjoy; the second season is superior to the first and its first episode is absolutely fantastic.
I really should just finish off the first series, but I think it is just too much cute girls doing cute girls for me. It's pushed me beyond my limits.

Well, we are a gaming forum so I assume that everyone in here has a Kotaku tab open at all times.
If I want news I stick with GAF. If I want trivia I go to TCRF. If I want to know news from a year ago reported today I go to Kotaku. Basically what I am saying is "NOPE".

i don't get it. Why am I enjoying idolmaster? I feel dirty, musty, idk.
Because it is just plain old jolly good fun!

K-On!! 24

Ah that feeling when you leave school.
I couldn't relate. My last day of sixth form involved a car being pushed into the common room and then said car having to be pushed out again (and some other malarky). But the teachers forgot to turn off the alarm so that went off and so the deputy headmaster came in a told us all off because there were exams going on and kicked us all out. Yes, my whole year was kicked out on the last day. No crying in the music room for us, just laughing in a pub.

So, I've been getting the strangest temptations to watch Idolm@ster these days.

Is this a worthwhile venture or am I setting myself up for pain and suffering?

OceanBlue

Not always happy fun illusion time anymore?
A young teen's life isn't always happy fun illusion time. Sometimes it's brooding creeping illusion time.

I liked it. I don't know if it's a "worthwhile venture". I certainly thought it was.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

There's no pain or suffering to be had from iDOLM@STER. And you don't even need to be familiar with the games to enjoy it.

It's a fairly well produced show with excellent animation. I wasn't big on it myself, not being interested by the characters or the more serious overarching narrative it tried to introduce, but episodes 8 and 9 were hilarious and I would wholeheartedly recommend those.

I couldn't relate. My last day of sixth form involved a car being pushed into the common room and then said car having to be pushed out again (and some other malarky). But the teachers forgot to turn off the alarm so that went off and so the deputy headmaster came in a told us all off because there were exams going on and kicked us all out. Yes, my whole year was kicked out on the last day. No crying in the music room for us, just laughing in a pub.

Haha, well I didn't finish my last year in a school either. But you know, that feeling when its your last day somewhere, with the same people. :)

duckroll

The description on the site sounds like it will be a remake. The blurb calls the movie a "new construction" of the story featuring Takuto, Wako, and Sugata. This is supposed to be a brand new work which presents the characters in a completely new light, and represents the new vision of the Star Driver franchise. Or... something like that. Lol.

I'm actually really interested in how they approach the movie.

Huge improvements can be made with the show compressed into a film format. I'll be there opening day.

Dresden

The description on the site sounds like it will be a remake. The blurb calls the movie a "new construction" of the story featuring Takuto, Wako, and Sugata. This is supposed to be a brand new work which presents the characters in a completely new light, and represents the new vision of the Star Driver franchise. Or... something like that. Lol.

Maybe Wako falls in love with three boys at once this time.

duckroll

Newtype is going to have a feature on the Star Driver movie this month. They'll have comments from the staff and cast, etc. So I guess they announced this just before anything would leak from the mag. Pretty smart!

Confirmed returning characters from the official site: Takuto, Sugata, Wako, Head, Fish Girl, Keito, Benio, Kanako, Midori, Mizuno, Marino, Serina, Ryousuke.

wonzo

Banned
Sengoku Collection 22

Yeah, I guess the string of good episodes had to come to an end sometime. Not even lesbians or ownage backgrounds could save this episode from being such a lazily put together piece of shit. :(

Oh, and the next episode looks like it's gonna be really "amazing".

sengokuc22d.jpg

fertygo

Newtype is going to have a feature on the Star Driver movie this month. They'll have comments from the staff and cast, etc. So I guess they announced this just before anything would leak from the mag. Pretty smart!

Confirmed returning characters from the official site: Takuto, Sugata, Wako, Head, Fish Girl, Keito, Benio, Kanako, Midori, Mizuno, Marino, Serina, Ryousuke.

That's what really matter.

Would be great if this is superior fish girl arc or something (The only arc where the series structure not feel boring yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom