• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka Box 8
mCLTq.png

I don't think that would work for some people.
Antics with the pink haired Disciplinary girl, Onigase. It was a really cute episode with handcuff antics, but it all seems like a lead up to the genre shift. I guess it's all down hill from here.
5bvC6.png

Is it really that bad

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 9
Truly awful. Like, I already don't know why I watch this show but this episode just filled me completely with regret. Bad art, mostly reused and out of place music, and just a generally boring set of events that carried no weight. Even my low expectations for the show were not met.

35 episode in Gundam Seed
La Flaga is pretty awesome, not feeling many other characters though.
This is really making me think that 00 just had way to much going on.

Truly awful. Like, I already don't know why I watch this show but this episode just filled me completely with regret. Bad art, mostly reused and out of place music, and just a generally boring set of events that carried no weight. Even my low expectations for the show were not met.
I still watch for Madoka and Lan but thats about it anymore.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I think this will be the first show I'll ever drop in the second cour after watching the first one. It showed so much promise. Hell, it was supposed to be the new Evangelion!

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group F, Day 1

F01
1st 247 Hercule Barton @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
2nd 236 Ryuuko Mifune @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
3rd 114 Horizon Ariadust @ Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere

F05
1st 296 Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
2nd 209 Karen Araragi @ Nisemonogatari
3rd 127 Mikoto Urabe @ Mysterious Girlfriend X

F09
1st 279 Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki
2nd 268 Tsumugi Kotobuki @ K-On!
3rd 110 Haruna @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?

------------------------------------

Today's match preview

Time for Chitandael to strut her stuff.
(also, I love how Satomi is listed as "Wahaha" on the vote tracker)

By the way, thanks for all of the answers to my CG question, brotatoes. It's much appreciated.

Eden of the East 1-7

It was my vague understanding that this show was fairly well-received, but so far it's full of utter nonsense that makes me want to put it in the laughably bad category. Episode 7 and it's
penis Clipper who just needs to be loved by a man
might be too much for me.
I might as well add onto the pile: the show is filled with nonsense, but it's enjoyable, exciting, feel-good nonsense. Also, Saki is absolutely adorable.

So I Can't H? 09

zzzz

All that action? and it was still boring. Not to mention, looks like we're stuck in that weird screen filter til the end of the show. Yay!

Still amused that they don't censor boobs but still ray of light'd two people laying on top of a bed together.

Jex

You only have yourself to blame for your continued torment.

Articalys

I think this will be the first show I'll ever drop in the second cour after watching the first one. It showed so much promise. Hell, it was supposed to be the new Evangelion!
Same feeling here, minus the Evangelion thing. At first I was only going to watch S2 out of wanting to see the story's conclusion, but now I don't even care about that. I'll just read about it later.

Soma

Eden of the East 1-7

It was my vague understanding that this show was fairly well-received, but so far it's full of utter nonsense that makes me want to put it in the laughably bad category. Episode 7 and it's

Heh, interestingly enough I stopped watching around this episode. The show started up well. Very well, in my opinion, but as the show went on the less I cared about everything going on and everyone involved. I should try to wrap up the last few episodes soon just for completion's sake.

Dakara Boku wa H 9

Looks like someone just broke everything. Hah!

Not a bad fight and there were even 4 or 5 well animated sword swings. Let's see how the ending plays out.

Jex

Eden of the East 1-7

Eh, I don't really think there was a high volume of nonsense in the Eden of the East TV series. Perhaps you could explain what you mean?
Oh jeez, I had forgotten about those dream sequences, they were just bizarre!
Hmm? What do you mean dream sequences?

Jex

I'll be honest, K-Onified Noiji faces are still a massive improvement over KEYified Noiji faces, that much is certain.

I'd forgotten how ugly those Haruhi Season 1 designs were. KyoAni have truly come along way in a short space of time.

Same feeling here, minus the Evangelion thing. At first I was only going to watch S2 out of wanting to see the story's conclusion, but now I don't even care about that. I'll just read about it later.

I was going to wait a bit to start S2, but now I'm honestly curious to see if it really is that much worse than S1 (which I liked).

Articalys

Well, I guess it's a consolation prize for not getting Wolf Children yet.
Viz Media announced on Wednesday that it will host the North American premiere of the Gekijō-ban Tiger & Bunny -The Beginning- anime film at the New People Cinema in San Francisco on September 29, one week after the film opens in Japan. The film will screen twice at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. in Japanese with English subtitles.

Advanced tickets for the film will cost US$10. Those who purchase advanced tickets will receive a limited-edition Wild Tiger card at the screening.

Jex

Macross Zero proved to me that CG can work. It'll never be as good, sure, but it's absolutely possible for it to not be an eyesore.

Now, I haven't really watched that much of Macross Zero but I don't really approve of the CG work that they have on display. The action choreography may still be solid but it still looks bad.

Jex

They're really going full on Utena with those designs I see. Wako looks kind of ridiculous as she's showing off chest+midriff+legs all at once.
The description on the site sounds like it will be a remake. The blurb calls the movie a "new construction" of the story featuring Takuto, Wako, and Sugata. This is supposed to be a brand new work which presents the characters in a completely new light, and represents the new vision of the Star Driver franchise. Or... something like that. Lol.
That does sound incredibly stupid however one does have to bare in mind that just about anything would be better than the original story that we got in the Star Driver series. It's not like they're messing around with some sacred, well respected cannon here. I say go nuts and make something fun.
I have to say, the new Tauburn looks really badass.

Yes, yes it does. Then again, I always thought that Star Driver has pretty cool mecha designs.

well, the movie character designs are the best. S2 looked like it was a reskinned K-On! episode. And S2 sucks... boring Endless Eight episodes and the other stuff was also not better.

Rinne no Lagrange 13

Good stuff. A solid start. Lan :(

The image recycling in the new OP is really bad. I actually think it's done fairly well in the ED, though the song's fucking abysmal lyrics drag the whole thing down.

Rinne no Lagrange 14

Holy meandering shit. This episode would have been fine if it was like half as long.

This scene and everything after it were acceptable, though!

I was going to wait a bit to start S2, but now I'm honestly curious to see if it really is that much worse than S1 (which I liked).
I'm in the same boat. I was going to wait for season two to end, but my curiosity proved too strong.

Anixplex just put out the screenshot of the Durarara Lunch Box. $150 is alot to ask though but I can see this selling out very quickly.

Will rightstuf keep emailing every week that they are trying to fulfill the order most annoying email to receiving considering it isnt even Oct 30th yet.

But looks nice, I am excite.

I was afraid they'd take forever to get the movie out here.

More songs, in line with Chris's songs would be most welcome.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's very interesting that Takuto's symbol is a star, Sugata's is a moon, and Wako's is a sun. Lol.

jman2050

Haruhi should not resemble K-On. that just seems wrong.

It only kinda does. Like, it has the K-on/Hyouka type squishy face types and face profiles but is still pretty faithful to the original art (and no chipmunk faces)

And yes, that is definitely better than KEYFACE()&#IUFVIDV Haruhi.

cajunator

Banned
It only kinda does. Like, it has the K-on/Hyouka type squishy face types and face profiles but is still pretty faithful to the original art (and no chipmunk faces)

And yes, that is definitely better than KEYFACE()&#IUFVIDV Haruhi.

Guess I was just used to the uguu faces. I dont mind those as much as others seem to.
Can someone post examples of S2 Haruhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom