• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouran High School Host Club 8

Tamaki straddling the two roles of father and lover towards Haruhi with his possessiveness of her makes for a slightly awkward dynamic.

Ouran High School Host Club 9

Why is it that, whenever the filthy rich are amazed at the bizarre life of commoners, one of the principal things they single out for their astonishment is always instant coffee?

The rivals from the all-girls' school brought an extra dose of fabulousness which was much appreciated. Overall this episode was especially hilarious (great use of the banana peel gag); I suppose I can thank Shingo Kaneko, who storyboarded it, for that.

Branduil

Waiting for the Oreimo apologists to tell us again how it's a wholesome story of a brother and sister getting over their estrangement and learning not to judge others for their hobbies.

Medaka Box 12
Cxi1k.png

Cute and crazy, the perfect combo
A three-way-accidental-kiss? Is such a thing even possible?
This episode is much more to my tastes again, though it drags on too much at the end. It's basically showing how even though they came together not for each other, but become a team even without Medaka around. And they tie it into shogi somehow.
Overall, it was an ok show. The battle shounen shift was about what I thought it was going to be, but it's not too bad yet. I really do like the characters, like Medaka, Kikaijima, Hansode, etc. I'll probably end up following up with season 2 mostly for the characters and the hope that there will still be some fun antics to see. Though I will be going in with very low expectations.
O4gw9.png

The end. For real this time.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Waiting for the Oreimo apologists to tell us again how it's a wholesome story of a brother and sister getting over their estrangement and learning not to judge others for their hobbies.

I
used to
think that, I admit it.

Ultimadrago

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 9

iopo22ZYaKW0M.PNG

Sandeeeeers!

Also, Karen doesn't like flirting on first airdrop dates. Go figure.

Zeon soldiers are further humanized in this episode. They care for one another and value the safety of their comrades. Even more unattached from common sway, Admiral Yuri gives permission for a handful of soldiers to
risk their lives protecting their fellow men
without making an "eeeeevil" remark undermining the heart shown. Yes, this act also benefits him as an admiral
(allowing men to get back home safely)
, but another soldier offered. Heck, even using a "piece of junk" (gives me flashes back to Episode 1 and Shiro). An effort was definitely made in this series to give a human nature susceptible to sympathy to the antagonists and it is appreciated. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy having some "crazy" on that side too, but that's what Guineas is for!

This was an enjoyable episode for what it accomplished in character building on both sides of the war. The gundam battles are quite brief with this series, but it makes up for it with relatively engaging character interactions.

ibejVbPEZMPN1y.PNG

She's running out of options in regards to a rather stubborn brother.

Gankutsuou 1-24

I have to say though that this had some of the most awful GCI that I have seen but in some bizarre way it actually served the overall artstyle imo so it didn't bother me that much.

Gankutsuou is one of the few (the only?) time Gonzo CG actually works, thanks to the brazenly garish art style.

Jarmel

Banned
Or maybe she knew SAO sucked so much that she brought down her skill intentionally.

lol

It was actually funny being at Anime Expo and hearing her complain so much about F/Z and keep repeating how it was a bunch of old men. Well she got something lighthearted and hasn't really done jackshit with it. She should stick to tragedies.

Well the anime totally was...

Lets mix it up a bit in here.
Post some of your favorite anime music from soundtracks or whatever.

How has this not been posted yet???

Eureka Seven - Get it by Your Hands.

Oh fuck and this!!! Man, E7 had the best music.

Gundam AGE 46

Some empty speechifying, more questionable (at best) decision making on the part of Kio, and some okay-ish action. Meh. Maybe Crazy Grandpa Flit can make things interesting in the remaining three episodes.

Rinne no Lagrange 13-14

Gave into my curiosity and started S2...off to a decent start so far. I felt the mecha scenes in the first season were well done and what there was here was pretty good too. Cool mech designs certainly help (at least the three Vox units).

The OP is inferior to S1, but for some reason I like this ED better. Or maybe it's just that for whatever reason it's stuck in my head now. *shrug*

OceanBlue

Good god. I was going to make a GIF of Haruto's scene in episode 10 of Saint Seiya Omega, but it's literally animated by ones at some parts. Deleting frames is going to take forever. ;_;

Jarmel

Banned
So just watched the last three episodes of Hyouka. It's the most entertaining boring show I've seen. Why the fuck would someone want to adapt this in the first place? The source material sounds so absolutely dry that I'm surprised someone published it in the first place. I suppose the author might have pitched it like the Japanese version of Seinfeld.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo 01
This was completely captivating visually in an exceedingly polished manner while bringing forth a unique visual style. I found it astoundingly easy to instantly be drawn into the material, although it is admittedly a work I'm familiar with. Dumas is actually one of the authors that I hold most dear (particularly for The Last Cavalier), and while this isn't completely true to the source material it does capture its essence quite well. I am very much looking forward to delving deeper into this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So just watched the last three episodes of Hyouka. It's the most entertaining boring show I've seen. Why the fuck would someone want to adapt this in the first place? The source material sounds so absolutely dry that I'm surprised someone published it in the first place. I suppose the author might have pitched it like the Japanese version of Seinfeld.
I seriously can't tell if I watched episodes eighteen and nineteen. Even scrubbing through them brings about no recollection of having seen them. This is not a good sign.

e_i

So Maken-Ki gets a second season? Really? And Bunny Drop, no Sasemeki Koto, or Aoi Hana don't? There is NO GOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom