• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

The gap between this and the original designs are vastly larger than that of GC's concept art and actual character animations. There is no way you could put that on the same level.
Arabica's coffee is pretty good you should try it.

Geez.. just look to Inori, she look gross in anime.
Nerawareta Gakuen also has more cast announcements: Kana Hanazawa and Daisuke Ono are also part of the cast. Why is Hanazawa in everything lately... meh.

Its 2010 all over again.

fertygo

Ok that's awesome.

Going back to the Psycho scans, the art doesn't even look consistent. The first one looks leagues better and much closer to the concept sketches. Second one looks like garbage. I mean the physical characteristics for the MC are off.

Its first promotional image, always like that.. because they use various artist/staff to make multiple spread for various magz so its looked inconsistent and different to each other,

Jarmel

Banned
Its first promotional image, always like that.. because they use various artist/staff to make multiple spread for various magz so its looked inconsistent and different to each other,

The first one is obviously an artpiece. However that doesn't explain the sharp differences between the two images in regards to the physical characteristics. The female lead is close to her artpiece design yet the MC looks radically different.

the prettiest girl in Japan is blonde?

And she happens to also be Nobunaga. Quite the catch.
18bKt.png

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Eye patch girl is my waifu. Fuck the rest of you.

I guess I'm not nihon enough to understand this summary

Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment - until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.

chuunibyou? The fuck? Translate please

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chuunibyou
A Japanese slang term which roughly translates to "Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome". People with chuunibyou either act like a know-it-all adult and look down on real ones, or believe they have special powers unlike others.

This is a common stage in growth; for most people, it happens--you guessed it--around the 2nd year of middle school (Grade 8 in Japan). However, the problem is, there are some grown-ups who have this symptom.
There are 3 main types of Chuunibyou. DQN-type pretends to be antisocial even though they aren't, or can't be and has made-up stories about antisocial behavior. Subculture-type prefers subculture or minor trends just to be different and have the "cool" factor. Evil Eye-Type admires mystical powers and pretends to have one of their own, to the extent of establishing an alias just for that.
And if you think you have one of these or want more information in the subject, a good idea is to read the "Chuunibyou User Manual" (中二病取扱説明書, Chuunibyou Toriatsukai Setsumei Sho) by Saegami HYŌYA.

duckroll

too bad, they will not animate the second volume

I would love to see the
Madoka
reference.

I don't really know anything about the novels, is there any indication that they're only animation certain parts of it for sure? I thought the director said they were going to do something unconventional, like the initial Haruhi airing. Could they jump around instead?

I don't really know anything about the novels, is there any indication that they're only animation certain parts of it for sure? I thought the director said they were going to do something unconventional, like the initial Haruhi airing. Could they jump around instead?

In interviews, the director has said that KyoAni is using the first volume as a base and making up a bunch of material to fill out the show. Several of the principal characters are anime original.

Branduil

Why would they not animate the second volume? Most one-cour anime can cover several volumes of light novels.

In interviews, the director has said that KyoAni is using the first volume as a base and making up a bunch of material to fill out the show. Several of the principal characters are anime original.

That seems odd. I guess they feel they can invent better material than is in the other volumes.

duckroll

Ah, I see. I guess it's not going to matter much to most people, since the novel doesn't seem to be widely available. I just hope they make a good show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Psycho-Pass expanded cast: Tomokazu Seki, Kana Hanazawa, Kenji Nomura, Kinryuu Arimoto, Akira Ishida, Shizuka Itou, Miyuki Sawashiro.

Psycho-Pass animation designs:

I, for one, support the novel approach of an unattractive female protagonist in an anime.

the anime adaptations will have original content. Kumin for example is an anime original character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom