• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellraider

Gin no Saji 4

Them feels when they ate their first slice of pizza.
Them feels when Hachiken made an honest smile.
Them feels when everything was a success in the end.

I wanted to cry from happiness overdose when the ending began.I literally had tears in my eyes.I am happy.

cajunator

Banned
Look! It's as mobile as the plot to Attack on Titan!

If KIU plays like this, I'm actually sorta interested in picking it up. Maybe if its ever super cheap.

I'm just sad it is so short.

I refuse to believe that Pacific Rim can be as bad as A Wakening of the Trail Blazer. I haven't seen it yet, but it just cannot be that bad. In all the mecha I've consumed, I've found so little that is as bad as that.
Pocket Full of Rainbows, Astral Ocean and the entirety of Rah Xephon.
But if it is on par with Destiny I won't mind. I mean Destiny is bad, but I kinda like it anyway.

Every time I look in a mirror.

Pacific Rim is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

CorvoSol

Pacific Rim is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm still dying to see it.

In other news, I finally watched Kill Bill and Kill Bill vol.2 the whole way through. I'm simultaneously pissed and disappointed by that absolute waste of my time. Well, I mean, vol. 1 was great, really good. Vol. 2 was a waste of time. Endless pointless flashbacks, and each and every fight in the film, particularly the final, was the biggest tease and let down ever.

Like I mean, how do you go from that awesome O-Ren fight to a yammering conversation about Super Man?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I read these posts quite thoroughly every few months but I have resigned myself not to watch the series as it's released because I can't be bothered to wait for the next set of episodes. When it's done I'll step on board.
But it's not the same thing! :( lol

Jarmel

Banned

In other news, I finally watched Kill Bill and Kill Bill vol.2 the whole way through. I'm simultaneously pissed and disappointed by that absolute waste of my time. Well, I mean, vol. 1 was great, really good. Vol. 2 was a waste of time. Endless pointless flashbacks, and each and every fight in the film, particularly the final, was the biggest tease and let down ever.

Like I mean, how do you go from that awesome O-Ren fight to a yammering conversation about Super Man?

lol what?

Vol.2 had the amazing training bit and Bill being Bill. The trailer fight was also pretty awesome.

cajunator

Banned

Its really fun and it doesnt butcher something you love!

cnet128

Banned

ohmygod that was perfect.

Everything about it was perfect, but especially, especially the "are?" at 1:44 when the penny dropped. Just the sheer look of disbelief. That moment. Dear lord. Also super adorable right afterwards where she's so stunned she can't put together a coherent sentence. "Nee, koko...kore dare...dare...wa...kore dare...doko kara kita no????!"

...Hang on, why do I feel like I know this episode intimately when I haven't even started DokiDoki yet? Curse you guys and all your impressions XD

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Look! It's as mobile as the plot to Attack on Titan!
I worked out the last episode I watched was 11. Still I may consider getting that Nendo because it is hilarious, especially the SD version.

Just imagine if the show featured that version. Pops up out of nowhere and goes "Ehhhh waka waka waka" before kicking the wall in.

cajunator

Banned

Everything about it was perfect, but especially, especially the "are?" at 1:44 when the penny dropped. Just the sheer look of disbelief. That moment. Dear lord.

...Hang on, why do I feel like I know this episode intimately when I haven't even started DokiDoki yet? Curse you guys and all your impressions XD

It is the Precure that binds us!

Hattori

Banned
Hunter x Hunter
Episode 7

Yup, definitely a Yu Yu Hakusho nostalgia bomb for me.

Killua - Hiei
Kurapika - Kurama
Gon - Yusuke
Leorio - Kuwabara
Hisoka - Toguro

This show is awesome!
kVT0MNl.png

DiGiKerot

In Precure related news, I didn't get a Miracle Light with my copy of All Stars New Stage 2. Last time that happened was with the Suite movie and, well, that's best left forgotten and ignored.

I do hope this isn't a bad sign...

Everything about it was perfect, but especially, especially the "are?" at 1:44 when the penny dropped. Just the sheer look of disbelief. That moment. Dear lord. Also super adorable right afterwards where she's so stunned she can't put together a coherent sentence. "Nee, koko...kore dare...dare...wa...kore dare...doko kara kita no????!"

It's the Ace in the hole

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter
Episode 7

Yup, definitely a Yu Yu Hakusho nostalgia bomb for me.

Killua - Hiei
Kurapika - Kurama
Gon - Yusuke
Leorio - Kuwabara
Hisoka - Toguro

This show is awesome!

Well, it is the same author.

Never saw YuYu Hakusho, so I can't really comment on the similarities. But I can wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that HxH is awesome =)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KKK 4
I think I'm the only one watching this at this point. And yeah, the meta humour is still there in a very blaise manner:
oMJBvE5l.jpg

TwExNC8l.jpg

M9YTUHpl.jpg

But something magical happened in the last 5 minutes of the episode. It went from manzai humour to rakugo humour to basically becoming an anime inspired version of the scene from
Space Balls where the characters watch the home video version of the show that they are on
. picture here!

And the big punchline that comes about caught me off guard enough that I actually laughed, which is nigh impossible for me when it comes to TV comedies these days. Good times.

cnet128

Banned
KKK 4
I think I'm the only one watching this at this point.

Hey, I'm still on the Kitakubu train too! Even if I can't watch this particular episode yet due to my week of internet deprivation.

Your impressions are making me really want to watch it though >.>

KKK 4

But something magical happened in the last 5 minutes of the episode. It went from manzai humour to rakugo humour to basically becoming an anime inspired version of the scene from
Space Balls where the characters watch the home video version of the show that they are on
. picture here!

And the big punchline that comes about caught me off guard enough that I actually laughed, which is nigh impossible for me when it comes to TV comedies these days. Good times.

Censored panty shots? Dropped.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was/am but haven't used it in a while. Probably gonna jump down the rabbit hole again. I started when Rinne no Lagrange came out and started with Madoka lol.
Somehow, Madoka is my #1. Figures. lol

Censored panty shots? Dropped.
So it doesn't have your seal of approval?!

UMAI!

Hey, I'm still on the Kitakubu train too! Even if I can't watch this particular episode yet due to my week of internet deprivation.

Your impressions are making me really want to watch it though >.>
Hey, I'm still watching Kitakubu as well! Really enjoying it.
Ah, so there are about as many people on that train as there are on the Tamayura express. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom