• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at how she's looking at you. What's wrong with you?
ibfIueFomDqeJ0.png

Well I'm dead now, so I guess I can't watch anything anymore!

If KIU plays like this, I'm actually sorta interested in picking it up. Maybe if its ever super cheap.

Basically the more I saw of liberation maiden, the more I thought: "Hey! Those are like the flying sections in KIU! I could have just as much fun playing that instead."

Also, believe it or not, it also caters to mecha fans at one point in the game. But I'm not spoiling anything.

Anyone who hasn't played that game yet should do so ASAP.

Novid

Banned
ohmygod that was perfect.

Everything about it was perfect, but especially, especially the "are?" at 1:44 when the penny dropped. Just the sheer look of disbelief. That moment. Dear lord. Also super adorable right afterwards where she's so stunned she can't put together a coherent sentence. "Nee, koko...kore dare...dare...wa...kore dare...doko kara kita no????!"

...Hang on, why do I feel like I know this episode intimately when I haven't even started DokiDoki yet? Curse you guys and all your impressions XD

and there, my friends is the reason why they don't do animation of kids anymore in Japan. they too fucking good for this shit. but then again, that explains why our marketplace in North America is shotty as shit. When a show made by a 5 year old is rated TV MA in this country, you got a problem.

Branduil

Pashifikku Rimu

That was extremely anime. Not at all deep, but it delivered what it promised. Maybe the sequel will have a fight that actually takes place in the light. Also, I don't understand why
anyone would think abandoning the Jaeger program was a good idea.

cajunator

Banned
and there, my friends is the reason why they don't do animation of kids anymore in Japan. they too fucking good for this shit. but then again, that explains why our marketplace in North America is shotty as shit. When a show made by a 5 year old is rated TV MA in this country, you got a problem.

What kids show is rated MA?

Pashifikku Rimu

That was extremely anime. Not at all deep, but it delivered what it promised. Maybe the sequel will have a fight that actually takes place in the light. Also, I don't understand why

Yeah it was one of the most anime live action films Ive yet seen.

Novid

Banned
Pashifikku Rimu

its to show the retardness of western and proto western governments when it comes to economics. if you think of it that way - then this movie is earth shatteringly good.

cnet128

Banned
Well you all reminded me that i need to start this anime.

Then our work here is done.

who am I kidding, our work here is never done. There are always people who need to be shown the light.

Shingeki no Kyojin 16

This is basically :firehawk. It's all about the characters graduating from their carefree student days and musing about the transience of their own lives as they prepare to face the realities of the future.
The fact that this transience is due to the likelihood of being imminently consumed by giant grotesque nakedhumanmonsters is entirely beside the point.

Branduil

its to show the retardness of western and proto western governments when it comes to economics. if you think of it that way - then this movie is earth shatteringly good.

Except there's always a motive behind government action, even if it's a corrupt motive. There's no logical motive for an action that will obviously result in everyone dying, LOL.

cajunator

Banned
We in there. Half a million U.S. dollars for Trigger.

zbDXj3g.jpg

Hell yeah. Posted about it on Twitter little while ago. I woke up today and it was soooo close!

So, did anyone else notice all the similarities between Pacific Rim and Attack on Titan?

Robots called Jaegers:Eren Jaeger

Building a wall to keep out Kaiju:building a wall to keep out titans

Scientist who is a "Kaiju groupie":scientist who is a titan groupie

Pacific Rim theme:Attack on Titan OST track 4

But AOT doesnt have giant mechs :D

Andrew J.

So, did anyone else notice all the similarities between Pacific Rim and Attack on Titan?

I think people were distracted by way it has the same basic premise (monsters appear and attack humanity, only a handful of giant robots can fight them,they launch from secret bases dedicated to their housing and maintenance) as almost every super robot anime ever made.

I wonder why no one else has posted impressions of The Wolverine in here.

Dresden

Seems more likely to be inspired by The Passage than anything else. Which in turn shares quite a few similarities with Titan.

Novid

Banned
:atiruK

I have a sizeable collection of catgirl pictures. I know yall are shocked.

I see. Well thats even more odd.

its worse than that...you would think for all our "protect" the children mantra and "teach" the children mantra...that when suddenly, a 5 year kid gets in the same business everybody and their advertising momma aims for - he and his peers cant even watch the show...

There forced to watched (non PBSkids/Nick Jr/Disney Jr) governmental propaganda, in the form of the E/I edict, and being "Vortexx Approved".

Then our work here is done.

who am I kidding, our work here is never done. There are always people who need to be shown the light.

Well i'm late on some of this season shows because i'm focusing on my backlog of anime ..( i still have shin sekai yori to watch ... )

I hope nobody will realise that i haven't posted any impressions of jojo on animegaf either.... let's keep quiet

Novid

Banned
I think people were distracted by way it has the same basic premise (monsters appear and attack humanity, only a handful of giant robots can fight them,they launch from secret bases dedicated to their housing and maintenance) as almost every super robot anime ever made.

I wonder why no one else has posted impressions of The Wolverine in here.

they should have already - basicly, red headed Yukio stole the show. They cut Wolverine verses Ninjas for the Blu-ray release.

Won't lie.

Skipped out on watching Pacific Rim just to see shirtless Hugh Jackman on the big screen again.

Wolverine movie was pretty good too.

Novid

Banned
real talk no body really...lost this summer. (unless your Jaden Smith).

The question is were your more for the western way of how the Japanese culture is viewed (Wolverine) or your for the more western otaku way of how the Japanese culture is viewed (Pacific Rim) or you just in for the Ricers (Fast and Furious 7)

cajunator

Banned
its worse than that...you would think for all our "protect" the children mantra and "teach" the children mantra...that when suddenly, a 5 year kid gets in the same business everybody and their advertising momma aims for - he and his peers cant even watch the show...

There forced to watched (non PBSkids/Nick Jr/Disney Jr) governmental propaganda, in the form of the E/I edict, and being "Vortexx Approved".

What show would this be?

God I hate needles.

At least ill have plenty of time to watch anime once my parents let me chill.

Had to get some shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom