• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

So what shows are worth watching this season?

About to hit up Love Lab and Kiniro Mosaic but was looking for something a little less :sdburton as well.

Uchoten Kazoku

Speaking of that, I watched some 2011 TV special P.A. works made, which was directed by Yoshihara (and he also designed the characters). It was apparently sponsored by a local government (Toyama, I think) to be a family-friendly special about the importance of family bonds. So, nothing special and with a really bland script (no point of comparison with Morimi's novel, that's for sure).
While the overall colour and art direction is closer to generic P.A. Works style, there was some stuff that features heavily in Uchoten now, such as the way conversations are staged and some of the backgrounds.
There was actually a mildly interesting moment by the end in the hospital, where the whole scene was framed and lighted in a somewhat ominous way indicating something bad might happen, but it turned out to be just a red-herring.
Other than that, I don't know why I'm even posting this or why anyone should care. Ah well, not like I had anything to do and it was 30 mins.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Also, you guys are terrible. The Simpsons?

VNZTZ0W.jpg

Monogatari Series Second Season 5

A really nice conclusion to this arc. Can't wait for Kabukimonogatari.

Also, even though references to the opening lines of I Am a Cat are extremely played out in Japanese media, I kinda like how the tiger twisted the words of it around at the beginning of his monologue.

Is that even a spoiler? Whatever.

Monogatari Series Second Season 5

A really nice conclusion to this arc. Can't wait for Kabukimonogatari.

Also, even though references to the opening lines of I Am a Cat are extremely played out in Japanese media, I kinda like how the tiger twisted the words of it around at the beginning of his monologue.

Is that even a spoiler? Whatever.

Your AOTY avatar is rad!

I just finished up Steins;Gate this week myself. Show was indeed amazing.

I really oughta rewatch it. I haven't seen it since 2011, when it originally aired. I watched the first episode of the dub to see how it was back when Funimation had it streaming for free on YouTube last year (I didn't really like it; J. Michael Tatum's Okarin in particular seems a little too smart and not goofy enough compared to Mamoru Miyano's Okarin, but then I only watched the first episode), but I haven't actually seen the full series in almost two years now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Love Lab 1

This show has zero yuri to it. Don't even get why people were thinking that at all. Great first episode though, totally had that Yuru Yuri vibe mixed with some Minami-ke to it, definitely a keeper

I'm honestly amazed at how many of my favorite Japanese VAs were in it. I watched it back before I really paid attention to casts, so I was in for a bit of a shock when I actually looked at the cast list.

I watched it when I was first getting into anime so I'm in the same boat, it's a pretty damn all-star cast.

Hayate no Gotoku! 38

wTRQhWGl.jpg

Hiyama delivers once again.

Princess God is a fun character.

Oh my are we actually reaching the climax of the butler battles!

CorvoSol

Do you remember the look-ism threads? ahhh good times.

Lost Voyager was the crusader that Anti-Fat-GAF must truly have dreaded in its heart. An acceptance warrior ahead of the curve.

Fucking ugly shorties wasting my taxpayer dollars.

Can you imagine? Stairs have to be made smaller for their despicable, unacceptable, horrifically mangled bodies.

They're comfy and easy to wear!

Yeah, I also wear the bodies of lesser humans as a sign of my grandeur.

I'm 5 foot 7. Is that short?

;_;

I can't see your emoticon because its head is so far below mine.

Anyway, I just want to repeat to you guys that Liberassion Maiden is the best Giant Robot anime studio BONES worked on after Eureka Seven. Think of it as Code Geass meets Valvrave meets Metal Wolf Chaos with a healthy dose of DAT PURPLE LIBERTY.

cajunator

Banned
Lost Voyager was the crusader that Anti-Fat-GAF must truly have dreaded in its heart. An acceptance warrior ahead of the curve.

Can you imagine? Stairs have to be made smaller for their despicable, unacceptable, horrifically mangled bodies.

Yeah, I also wear the bodies of lesser humans as a sign of my grandeur.

I can't see your emoticon because its head is so far above mine.

Anyway, I just want to repeat to you guys that Liberassion Maiden is the best Giant Robot anime studio BONES worked on after Eureka Seven. Think of it as Code Geass meets Valvrave meets Metal Wolf Chaos with a healthy dose of DAT PURPLE LIBERTY.

I have never heard of that show Corvy kun.

You'll have to, 'cause next week will bring us a recap episode.

Ugh, really?

Ah, well. I have a bunch of stuff I need to catch up on, anyway, so guess I can wait an extra week.

Actual spoiler:
I honestly wasn't expecting Araragi to show up at all in this arc. I knew he'd come back in Kabukimonogatari, but didn't expect him to come save the day at the end of Nekomonogatari White.

I haven't read the light novels because I feel the need to read them all in publication order, but the translations of both Bakemonogatari volumes are somehow still not done, and my Japanese is absolute shit, so I have no idea what's coming up. Or rather, I don't know the specifics. I saw the premise for Kabukimonogatari on the wiki, so I do know a little.

I do kinda wanna read Nekomonogatari White and Kizumonogatari now, though. Especially Kizu, since God knows when the movie will come out, and it's obviously pretty important to the plot.

Didn't know there was a Liberation Maiden anime, and I can't seem to find any info on it.

I've been meaning to check out the game, though.

iavi

Monogatari - 04

Araragi's momma is such a boss. Somebody please tell me her and Senjo have a verbal showdown at some point down the line.

Well, dat Kozaki.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Love Lab 1

This show has zero yuri to it. Don't even get why people were thinking that at all. Great first episode though, totally had that Yuru Yuri vibe mixed with some Minami-ke to it, definitely a keeper
The two factor that could lead someone to hoping for yuri in it is that
  1. It's a school that prohibits boyfriends.
  2. The idea they will be practising love techniques on each other.

Of course that's all countered by the fact the whole premise of the show is to get boyfriends and the techniques are about gaining someone's attention rather than making love by the fire.

CorvoSol

I have never heard of that show Corvy kun.

It's not a show, technically. It's a short game for the 3DS by Level 5/Suda51/BONES collaboration. There's just an animu intro and ending.

Didn't know there was a Liberation Maiden anime, and I can't seem to find any info on it.

I've been meaning to check out the game, though.

There isn't. I'm just plugging the game as an anime because. There's apparently a VN, though?

Well, dat Kozaki.

I'm really quite pleased with the entire product. Definitely feel I got my money's worth, though I think the price was still a bit too high.

Mega Man Sins 22

St. Luke 22:43 said:
And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Except that in this version, Gesthemane is a ruined wasteland instead of a garden, and the angel is Omega instead of, well, an angel. But in case you couldn't tell that Zero was Jesus already (and really, you should, what with all the physical agony he endures in this episode), after this torment is over, his body is even left in the crucified position. Like really, they cannot drive this point home any more now.

Meanwhile, Leviathan/Dr.Weil
maybe dies I can't really tell what X did to her.
and it turns out that X's healing
basically isn't permanent anyway, so not only does it drive you insane, it doesn't last.

So basically the entire world is completely fucked.

Monogatari - 04

Araragi's momma is such a boss. Somebody please tell me her and Senjo have a verbal showdown at some point down the line.

God, I hope so. She's so similar to her that it makes me really wonder what's going on in the Araragi household
especially with the comments Karen and Tsukihi made about specifically getting boyfriends that were like him, plus his whole siscon thing he's got going on anyway

Also, dat Araragi family ahoge.

I bet it's maintained by
generations of inbreeding

CorvoSol

Megas XLR 201

It's Megas vs SAILOR MOON. IN GIANT FUCKING ROBOT SAILOR SCOUTS. And a Flash Gordon reference! Somebody hold me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom