• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Digimon Tamers] 06 (Rewatch)
cUGaFF7.jpg
Child negligence, pet abuse, card game addiction, schizophrenia, and natural selection. Totally a kids show. :hitokage
This frame lasted for 40 seconds. I blame Anno.
Is Rozen Maiden still a thing? I thought people got over that show ages ago minus the desu shit.
Deen has made it better.

iavi

Random note: How good that last ep of Monogatari was didn't really hit me till just now. The way it all unfolded from, and till the last tie into, the letter was brilliant. That said, it's a shame the
duel between tiger and cat
couldn't have been as visually nonsensical/inventive as the letter reading, but the whole thing did maintain a consistent tone/atmosphere.

That's the Monogatari I signed up for.

Acosta

Il Sole Penetra le Ilusioni 4/5

mmm, I think the show has some pace problems
and the fights are not really very exciting.

I guess the obvious thing would be comparing it with Madoka, even being aware it may be a bit unfair to do. I think it is not as successful as drawing and interesting mystery around what is going on as Madoka did. Sure, now we have two underexposed pets with suspecting motivations, and now we have also a mysterious evil guy, which Madoka never needed (and it felt better that way).

I still think is still still interesting and it is still open for some some shocking twists and development along the way, but it is dragging a bit. The combat part is quite lacking also, the design of the daemonia is nothing to call home about, while Madoka every Witch was amazing in terms of design and presentation, and the action in Il Sole is a bit tame so far.

Maybe I'm being too harsh? I still enjoy the show anyway.

Kazzy

The amount of people who have read the manga and are pretending to speculate in the Attack on Titan thread is depressing.

The above Games of Thrones comparison is fitting, if only because the exact same thing was happening in those threads. It's really odd behavior, to see people indulging in what is basically, intellectual masturbation.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Attack on Titan ends when the humans gather enough courage to tell the colossal titan he has a stupidly tiny head which causes him to run off crying.

This isn't speculation by the way, I read the manga/lightnovel/screenplay (please select the correct one).

DiGiKerot

So, I'm going through the Airport for a flight into Baltimore for Otakon, and it turns out that I accidentally set an alarm on my iPad. The darn thing started Nico~Nico~Niiiii'ing half way through security.

Whoops.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 41

A shout out to criminally underused characters.

So they spend the entire episode protecting a fairy tone containing the last note, have it be trapped by a negatone, save it, win, and STILL get the note stolen by that stupid bird. *Sigh* I'm speechless.

Acosta

Watashi Ga Motenai is interesting... at what episode does Tomoko start killing everyone?

(Yes, I know I'm in the first one, ever, that made that joke, I'm proud of me).

Let's Play! Suite Precure: 41

A shout out to criminally underused characters.

So they spend the entire episode protecting a fairy tone containing the last note, have it be trapped by a negatone, save it, win, and STILL get the note stolen by that stupid bird. *Sigh* I'm speechless.

This is a reminder that I'm pretty damn upset that Waon wasn't a Precure. SHE EVEN HAS AN UNNATURAL HAIR COLOR! I thought that was a staple for Precuring!

Still being dumb.

Hunter X Hunter 90/91

Soooo....

We had several episodes preceding the final fight between Gon and Knuckle and you decide to resolve it with half the fight and a flashback? Pretty anticlimactic...

The design of the Chimera Ant King is lame as hell.

But I'm intrigued on what is going to happen, Gon and Kilua look down as they never had been, Hunter X Hunter keeps being good at not painting his main characters as invincible guys who can overcome any challenge just being more angry.

And the "math overload" of Gon in 90 was awesome, I was laughing loud at that.

Time for il sole penetra le illusioni.

I have 11 episodes to watch, but I've already read the manga.

I think I remember reading that the King's design was based on Cell from DBZ. He's actually a really interesting character, too. He starts off as a bit of a Cell clone, but develops into something with more nuance.

You're either going to love or hate what happens. I'm not sure whether this arc or Greed Island is more polarizing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This is a reminder that I'm pretty damn upset that Waon wasn't a Precure. SHE EVEN HAS AN UNNATURAL HAIR COLOR! I thought that was a staple for Precuring!

Still being dumb.

Waon was originally going to be one of the extra precures
:3

cnet128

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds 4

Lots of interesting developments in this episode. Looks like
Berg Katze is behind Galax
, which is more than a little worrying, particularly considering
his goal is apparently to incite the humans to bring about their own demise
. Maybe social media is evil after all. The human kid in charge of Galax still seems to have good intentions, though.

...Meanwhile, Utsutsu is depressed-moe.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 42

So the Precure almost get their Cure Modules stolen thanks to brainwashed friends by the OP bird. Then, they get them back due to a brief Face turn by the two not-as-evil minions.
In other words, nothing actually happened this episode.

Screw the OP Bird.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, I'm going through the Airport for a flight into Baltimore for Otakon, and it turns out that I accidentally set an alarm on my iPad. The darn thing started Nico~Nico~Niiiii'ing half way through security.

Whoops.
"You like Love Live! too?" said the security man.

Chronoexe

Whoops.

would have been fun to see that

Woah, D-Frag is getting an anime.

image_full.jpg

beautiful!

hope you are happy, now I have to watch this when it comes out.

PdotMichael
AnimeGAF's largest consumer of moe
(Today, 10:11 AM)

are you Cajun's lost brother?

jman2050

Watamote 5

The coffee shop scene hit a bit too close, especially the whole
"oh, this cream and honey lying around is free, right? It's okay to take it, right? Right?"
At least I don't really worry about that sort of thing nowadays... most of the time anyway...

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Milky Holmes 4

Hey, Milky Holmes appeared in this episode briefly! And there was a specific reference to the events of the previous anime series!

Sigh.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 43

Sure, everyone! Let's all go to the villains lair, where they have the advantage and nothing could possibly go wrong for us! Even worse than that was the fact that Major Land apparently has security that's as tight as a canyon, seeing as the Trio just waltzed right into the Queen's chamber and captured her.

Jex

First Patlabor movie was fantastic. Still soaking it in so no in-depth post just yet. I'm hoping the second and third movies are as good.

Well I can't speak for the third because no Oshii but the second movie is superior to the first.

cnet128

Banned
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 4

No need to double-check the episode number on this one!

Series saved by the power of new ED. (Who am I kidding, this series won't sell no matter how many shameless tactics they come up with. Still pretty entertaining though.)

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 44

Here, have some Christmas fanservice!
Breasts

So the Precure no longer have their power. Ok, lets have a Christmas special, then! At least, until Noise shows up, gains its full form from the Melody of Sorrow, and turns everybody to stone before heading to Major Land. The Legendary Score gets tossed aside and turned into a Negatone, ultimately leading to the Precure regaining their powers. Let's finish this thing...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now give me a lamia pillow. Centaurs are lame.

has to double as a sleeping bag or no sale

I've a soft spot for the merch commecials I'd see on dvds and shit and how everything under the sun would be shilled. Glass Fleet had some funny dvd commercials where it's all "Buy this modestly priced regular box set if you like the show only. Orrrrrr get the super deluxe set for twice the price since it includes a harmonica!!"

man, the shit you could probably find if yard sales were a thing in Japan.

He's dead, the big bad of the season killed him

REGULUS TERA DO NOT READ

I don't think that he was seriously asking to be spoiled, even if he doesn't realize it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
TOO LATE I READ

I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE GODDAMN

It's not what you think. Honestly.

With all the complaining about the Attack on Titan thread I thought we could avoid posting spoilers and masking them as speculation/fake joke spoilers :/

Acosta

I think I remember reading that the King's design was based on Cell from DBZ. He's actually a really interesting character, too. He starts off as a bit of a Cell clone, but develops into something with more nuance.

You're either going to love or hate what happens. I'm not sure whether this arc or Greed Island is more polarizing.

Heh, looking for it.

Talking about Hunter X Hunter, in Watamote 2...

was that a Kilua impersonation when Tomoko was playing the arcade?

Attack on Titan 16

That was really epic, I liked it.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 45

Hotblooded Battle Time!

So their best attack couldn't defeat Noise because this time it has ALL the notes. Ok. Then it seals up the Old Man and Crescendo Tone. So the Precure are screwed. Except their not because they have the power of friendship and hope on their side. Battle, to be continued...

The king is a cell clone only in design. From the start , his motives, actions and thoughts are quite different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom