• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

More Space Dandy (?) goods:

5xNmInH.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
That mech also really doesn't look like a Kawamori design. Kawamori is much more angular usually.

The space ships also seem to have this mass core thing in the front. Probably for jumps or whatever.

Mature

I'm still waiting for Gurren Lagann in Toonami. I can't believe they let that one slip from their hands.
Broadcasting rights are/were in Sci-Fi's hands. At any rate, I'm sure it's a lot more expensive than anything they have on right now— SAO included. Less than a year ago they were on a shoe string budget that consisted of favors from distributors. People ought to give Toonami a bit more credit, it's literally 6 people doing it for free.

I don't think they're interested in acquisitioning good anime.
You gotta establish a balance between good shows and shows people will actually watch. I thought Casshern Sins was a pretty good grab for new Toonami.

More Space Dandy (?) goods:
Thomas Romain is on this project, yeah? This looks like his work.

Caesnd

That mech also really doesn't look like a Kawamori design. Kawamori is much more angular usually.

The space ships also seem to have this mass core thing in the front. Probably for jumps or whatever.

I think Romain designed them. Seems like his style. Can't say I like the designs all that much, but without any context it's hard to be too judgemental.

cg future:

While it it's easy to hide a lot of things with small gifs like that, I do believe that we are heading into the territory of acceptable CG performance soon. At least it's much better than Pacific Rim.

To be fair, most anime isn't really that funny.

This isn't what i was going for ...slice of life must be either very intresting or funny to keep the slice of life coming)

Minami-ke, a-channel and os on , i won't write them all.

Kin-iro is just different. it's "there" but it's cute so it's alright.

--------------
Kin-iro mosaic - 03

Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2003.jpg

Lol shino feels like a party leader recruiting for her personal harem.

Not a bad episode, karen is not a bad addition to the cast. i think that every character familly is very easy-going... anyway it's cute

Yep it's cute

Pooya

Apparently Watanabe figured that he could show off concept art from Space Dandy at a Chilean convention months ago because no one would notice. He was right, because we only just noticed. Lol!

Did they make these in SPORE?

lol, this wasn't what I was expecting.

cajunator

Banned
This isn't what i was going for ...slice of life must be either very intresting or funny to keep the slice of life coming)

Minami-ke, a-channel and os on , i won't write them all.

Kin-iro is just different. it's "there" but it's cute so it's alright.

--------------
Kin-iro mosaic - 03

Not a bad episode, karen is not a bad addition to the cast. i think that every character familly is very easy-going... anyway it's cute

Yep it's cute

Its actually adorable but yeah the show is just kinda there. But its VERY cute.

Caesnd

Seriously, everything screams Futurama so far.

I have to agree. Didn't see those creature/character(?) concepts on the last page. Looks like Romain is the main designer for this show. I think he'll do setting design as well, since that seems to be his forte.

duckroll

I have to agree. Didn't see those creature/character(?) concepts on the last page. Looks like Romain is the main designer for this show. I think he'll do setting design as well, since that seems to be his forte.

I don't think it's all his work. There are probably a number of designers on the show, it seems like quite a "big deal".

Caesnd

I don't think it's all his work. There are probably a number of designers on the show, it seems like quite a "big deal".

Yeah, I suppose. Perhaps it's possible that he's responsible for the overall setting style though? Going by his portfolio it seems very similar indeed.

duckroll

Yeah, I suppose. Perhaps it's possible that he's responsible for the overall setting style though? Going by his portfolio it seems very similar indeed.

Maybe it's something like Basquash? That show had a ton of designers too, but he was partly responsible for the main concept.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 68

The use of music in this episode stood out to me in particular, as did the direction, keeping in the theme with the changing of the seasons.

Just two more to go, may as well finish them.

Jarmel

Banned
How has Dai Sato been on Gyro? I'm still not sure about the tone of the series but it might also be kid-like in tone.

Servant x service - 06

Quite a good episode.
I'm actually looking forward to next episode since there should be a big deal for some characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom