• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Maybe it's something like Basquash? That show had a ton of designers too, but he was partly responsible for the main concept.

Basquash started awesome but became a train wreck later. I'd nearly forgotten my disappointment. :-(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
mmmmmmmm dat retro-futuristic aesthetic. I fucking love 50s/60s/Buck Rodgers spaceship design.

Nafe

Theonik made a comment along the lines of "I'm bitterly disappointed in Nafe" which presumably where it came from. As far as I know, Theonik's birthday's on the 19th.

I thought it was later as well and after I was thinking he had posted something like the 19th. Seeing your message now and we thought the same date.

Oh, thought that was a joke or unrelated as didn't see any felicitation that followed up...

Kept you waiting, huh? Happy Birthday, Theonik!

Yeah, it turns out it was actually on the sixth.

I remember now; it was on the subject of birthdays in the previous thread. There was mention of making a list of dates and you posted 19 which I just took at the time to be that your birthday was the 19th.

You found the post and mystery solved as this is what made me think it was the 19th. PorcellainThrill mentions August 30th there in response to birthday's and Theonik responds with 19. You can see one or two others do similarly but with different dates.

Basically it's all Theonik's fault, haha.

Theonik

Basically it's all Theonik's fault, haha.
I was replying to:
"It doesn't matter though, as the date I reach 100 posts will be my true birthday"
with regards to his post count.
Oh hindsight, and without context I can see where the confusion comes from though.

I think Romain designed them. Seems like his style. Can't say I like the designs all that much, but without any context it's hard to be too judgemental.

While it it's easy to hide a lot of things with small gifs like that, I do believe that we are heading into the territory of acceptable CG performance soon. At least it's much better than Pacific Rim.

HurrjOo.gif

CG in PR was awesomely done.

Articalys

I know the picture's based on looks rather than their voices but Hiro doesn't really fit in with Kamiya and Miyano.
Well it's mostly based on the fact that they're the three main stars of Karneval but yeah, Shimono does look a bit out of place

No one is more fabulous than Miyano though

Nafe

I was replying to:
"It doesn't matter though, as the date I reach 100 posts will be my true birthday"
with regards to his post count.
Oh hindsight, and without context I can see where the confusion comes from though.

Yeah, I was just joking.

Looking at it now I can see what you were getting at.

Necrovex

Utena 35

Akio, you so smooth; Touga, you so clumsy.

The show's title should be changed to Akio and Touga: The Saga of Shirtless Men.

yami4ct

Steins;Gate 2-12

So, I couldn't stop myself yesterday and ended up marathoning 1/2 the series. So far, so good. It's even less of what I expected. Aside from a few majorly big moments, I really didn't expect a lot of what's happened. The first 4-5 episodes, though, are slow as hell. It takes way too long to get to the crux of the real time travel stuff. It was interesting to see how they got there, but it took too long. I love the whole concept they started with of only being able to send short messages back and seeing how some of that stuff goes way out of control. The moment where they basically
erase Akihabara as we know it
was pretty mind blowing, but it made sense given how it happened. Some of the stuff with the part-timer and her reactions to Kurisu have been my favorite parts. There's also the great stuff with Titor and how it relates to the world as a whole. I love how you can't really tell where the conspiracy theory and paranoia end and reality begins. That's really the thing that's kept me enraptured this whole time.

I guess the big moment of episode 12 is something I have to talk about. Not going to lie, I saw it coming from a mile away. That's not saying much, it was so highly telegraphed. You had
Moeka desperately looking for the same IBN computer that will "take down" SERN
. Putting that together, it wasn't hard to figure out she was
a SERN spy
. The big moment of
Mayuri's death
was also not very surprising either. She had so many
death flags going at all times. She was clearly a character who existed just to get killed at some point
. It was clear all this was to really push it so that our heroes have to use time travel to get to a better circumstance, with even more major consequences spinning out of control from there. I really cannot wait to see this all play out. It's going to be a ton of fun.

wonzo

Banned
Recorder to Randoseru Mi 5

Mentally deranged girl seeks relationship advice from various statues and proceeds to get assaulted by a bug. At least the speech bubbles were nicely animated…

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 2-12

So, I couldn't stop myself yesterday and ended up marathoning 1/2 the series. So far, so good. It's even less of what I expected. Aside from a few majorly big moments, I really didn't expect a lot of what's happened. The first 4-5 episodes, though, are slow as hell. It takes way too long to get to the crux of the real time travel stuff. It was interesting to see how they got there, but it took too long. I love the whole concept they started with of only being able to send short messages back and seeing how some of that stuff goes way out of control. The moment where they basically
erase Akihabara as we know it
was pretty mind blowing, but it made sense given how it happened. Some of the stuff with the part-timer and her reactions to Kurisu have been my favorite parts. There's also the great stuff with Titor and how it relates to the world as a whole. I love how you can't really tell where the conspiracy theory and paranoia end and reality begins. That's really the thing that's kept me enraptured this whole time.

I guess the big moment of episode 12 is something I have to talk about. Not going to lie, I saw it coming from a mile away. That's not saying much, it was so highly telegraphed. You had
Moeka desperately looking for the same IBN computer that will "take down" SERN
. Putting that together, it wasn't hard to figure out she was
a SERN spy
. The big moment of
Mayuri's death
was also not very surprising either. She had so many
death flags going at all times. She was clearly a character who existed just to get killed at some point
. It was clear all this was to really push it so that our heroes have to use time travel to get to a better circumstance, with even more major consequences spinning out of control from there. I really cannot wait to see this all play out. It's going to be a ton of fun.

Yup. you marathoned right up to the point where the show gets down to business. From there its just a crazy ride. Be sure to watch the omake episode after its over too.

Defuser

Servant x Service ep 5

Man, Rikiya Koyama is such a great edition to the cast especially as a stuffed bunny.

Looks like we might another new character as forshadowed in the episode.

Narag

I see Discotek picked up the Fatal Fury movie. FB page says they're trying to get a 16:9 transfer which would be sweet.

Gundam Age: Memory of Eden
tumblr_mr8qn6rDVP1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mr8qn6rDVP1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Whoever penned the story to this must have looked into my mind for that which I desired from Gundam series to be. This proved that Gundam would work pretty well when in a school setting as it gave tons of awesome moments (more beach scenes in future series, please). Even better the friendship levels were extremely high. This ended up making the story way more emotional than it was during the tv airing.
After seeing Zehearto be all friendly and such for all those months, it was painful and heart wrenching when he had to go and do the attack on graduation day after having so many good times and bad times, fighting and laughing, and bonding with Asemu and co. He looked in pain and it seemed like it was some decision that just ended up haunting him for the rest of his life, especially the many other run ins and the meaning of friendship and etc. He just felt so much pain there in the final arc when he had the internal struggles about it, and his own beliefs, Asemu, and etc. He needed a hug. Ultimately, it was really well done

1st part was strong, second part was a bit on the weak end at times (knowing the outcomes of the events and sometimes with scenes that were just clearly taken from the tv with limited modification (did they actually make double bullet bigger though?) did make it dull. They also breezed over a few details that I thought were necessary
Kio barely had any speaking lines and they could have had him go all FX burst mode
. However, the final fight was probably the best fight in the whole thing and quite memorable.

Entertaining overall and condensing it to 2 and a half hours worked well for the emotional aspect and etc. Even Fram Nara's moments (due to the epic nature of Fawn Farsia), Liels, too felt a bit more powerful
though did we really need her to actually kiss Zehearto, I mean he was all obsessed with Asemu before and after her death so it was just plain weird and awkward

Dead

well not really...yet
If Space Dandy is Watanabe + Kanno + Sato, then I don't see how it could possibly get fucked. Those people + BONES has only every equaled to good things.

duckroll

If Space Dandy is Watanabe + Kanno + Sato, then I don't see how it could possibly get fucked. Those people + BONES has only every equaled to good things.

The most important thing is, Nakamura is already confirmed to have worked on animation in at least one episode of Space Dandy.

Syrinx

To Loveru 13

So wait, does King Deviluke actually want Rito to accept all the girls inexplicably throwing themselves at him? Why would he want that; he's his daughter's fiance? Still, he brings up a good point. After all, Rito is a stupid whiny pussy whose constant self-pity would turn off any in-law, let alone the supreme ruler of the universe...

...Wait, didn't I tell myself I'd stop watching this? Dammit, bad Syrinx, bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom