• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kino's Journey - 5

...Whoa.

It's hard finding a connecting theme in each episode. Obviously the parts with the workers and Kino's story about that country connected with each other. But what did the democracy part have to do with any of that?

So Kino's story is about a WALL-E type world where no one has to work, so the people created a work system to keep themselves stressed so they wouldn't become lazy.

The part with the Railroad workers put a big pit in my stomach. Three guys working for their families for 50 years. One worker polishing the tracks, one worker taking apart the tracks, another worker repairing the tracks. They want to stop, but they won't unless someone tells them to.

But wait, is whoever employing those guys aware of the other guy on the tracks? These people couldn't have been forgotten. If they've been working for fifty years, then someone has to be giving these people food or something. It doesn't make sense.

Holy crap at the democracy part. That whole society collapsed in on itself because of that death penalty for those who opposed the majority vote. It's like those creepy Youtube conspiracy theories you find when you go to the wrong side of Youtube. Sent chills up my spine.

This show went from good to great in my book. A really well-done food-for-thought episode.

Mature

The most important thing is, Nakamura is already confirmed to have worked on animation in at least one episode of Space Dandy.
Man. It's one thing having all these legendary people together, but they're all together doing some silly, crazy, space comedy. Good or bad, it's going to be something.
The day after Romain went to the kickoff party for Space Dandy, he tweeted that he had met Dai Sato.
Ah, yeah, I seem to remember something like that being brought up.

Jarmel

Banned
The most important thing is, Nakamura is already confirmed to have worked on animation in at least one episode of Space Dandy.

Yea, the show is definitely going to be something.

Sato doing a space adventure epic with the best people who have worked at BONES backing him up? yes please

Shergal

Speaking of Space Dandy and staff-whoring, we are sure about Yuasa now but what about Kenichi Yoshida? Has there been any other info since he tweeted that thing some days ago?

cajunator

Banned
Well, she was in like, what, three episodes? That's really not saying a whole lot.

I agree she wasnt featured nearly enough :(

apparently its cat day?
iuEBizhXkZaFQ.gif

ibx2xh7ihb7WRO.png

OH hmm lets see what we have h-

*dies

Syrinx

I agree she wasnt featured nearly enough :(

Well I don't really agree or disagree with it. I have no strong feelings either way. Just pointing out that saying that there will be more Mizaki is like saying the Houston Astros will be a better team next year.

(note: the Astros are bad)

duckroll

People currently believed to be associated to Space Dandy in one way or another:

- Shinichiro Watanabe (confirmed)
- Thomas Romain (confirmed)
- Dai Sato (rumor)
- Sayo Yamamoto (rumor)
- Bahi JD (confirmed)
- Yutaka Nakamura (confirmed)
- Masaaki Yuasa (confirmed)
- Kenichi Yoshida (rumor)
- Yoko Kanno (rumor)

Did I miss anyone?

Shergal

He tweeted something about a Fall show, and people were speculating it was the same thing Yuasa was talking about. But I don't know if it actually turned out to be something else entirely or if nobody knows anything yet.

Jarmel

Banned
He tweeted something about a Fall show, and people were speculating it was the same thing Yuasa was talking about. But I don't know if it actually turned out to be something else entirely or if nobody knows anything yet.

Did he say he was working on a Fall show?

He might be whoring out for Trigger too.

I would prefer character designs by Yoshida than by Kawamoto quite frankly. Especially if the show is supposed to wacky/lighter in tone.

Quasar

To Loveru 13

So wait, does King Deviluke actually want Rito to accept all the girls inexplicably throwing themselves at him? Why would he want that; he's his daughter's fiance? Still, he brings up a good point. After all, Rito is a stupid whiny pussy whose constant self-pity would turn off any in-law, let alone the supreme ruler of the universe...

...Wait, didn't I tell myself I'd stop watching this? Dammit, bad Syrinx, bad!

Its worth hanging around for Darkness (season 3) imo.

Dead

well not really...yet
If true, that is the BONES dream team lineup + a few special guests. OG classics. If Yoshida turns out to be the character designer, it literally would be my dream anime team. His design aesthetic seems like it would fit with the designs leaked too

Only one missing is Keiko Nobumoto

duckroll

Oh man, hope they get him on board. It's like a beautiful Cowboy Bebop/ Eureka 7 hybrid.

IMV

Actually, I went back and checked, and I don't think he's talking about the same show. This was before we confirmed that Yuasa was working on Space Dandy, but Yuasa said he had to complete his episode by October, and Yoshida said that his new project was going to start animation production in October. Yoshida is probably working on a 2014 show. Maybe Tomino's G-Reko thing?

Jarmel

Banned
If true, that is the BONES dream team lineup + a few special guests. OG classics. If Yoshida turns out to be the character designer, it literally would be my dream anime team. His design aesthetic seems like it would fit with the designs leaked too

Only one missing is Keiko Nobumoto

Get her ass out of wherever she is and this is like literally a perfect casting list. Like if I was making a hypothetical anime and picked the best people mostly associated with BONES, my casting list would be pretty damn close to this.

Actually, I went back and checked, and I don't think he's talking about the same show. This was before we confirmed that Yuasa was working on Space Dandy, but Yuasa said he had to complete his episode by October, and Yoshida said that his new project was going to start animation production in October. Yoshida is probably working on a 2014 show. Maybe Tomino's G-Reko thing?

Ugh. God damn it. I did do a quite search on G-Reko and they stated that it was already in production. Maybe the public reports are wrong though.

Oofuri Summer ep 10
tumblr_mr8tnlzjBu1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mr8tnlzjBu1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Good start with happy moments.
Until finally the issue thats been lurking in the back of my mind for this sports anime, since all series always have an injury aspect crop up, popped up. If only it wasnt this late in the season when they needed to be at their level best. I was hoping they would win but it seems unlikely, unless Tajima and Mihashi can really work on the same level of Abe. This has to be super painful for Abe, when he was holding Mihashi's arm that tight even :(

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey - 5

...Whoa.

It's hard finding a connecting theme in each episode. Obviously the parts with the workers and Kino's story about that country connected with each other. But what did the democracy part have to do with any of that?

So Kino's story is about a WALL-E type world where no one has to work, so the people created a work system to keep themselves stressed so they wouldn't become lazy.

The part with the Railroad workers put a big pit in my stomach. Three guys working for their families for 50 years. One worker polishing the tracks, one worker taking apart the tracks, another worker repairing the tracks. They want to stop, but they won't unless someone tells them to.

But wait, is whoever employing those guys aware of the other guy on the tracks? These people couldn't have been forgotten. If they've been working for fifty years, then someone has to be giving these people food or something. It doesn't make sense.

Holy crap at the democracy part. That whole society collapsed in on itself because of that death penalty for those who opposed the majority vote. It's like those creepy Youtube conspiracy theories you find when you go to the wrong side of Youtube. Sent chills up my spine.

This show went from good to great in my book. A really well-done food-for-thought episode.

*pops back up again alive and well

Yes indeed Kino's Journey is food for though. And its delicious!
It also gets even better. Every single episode is excellence.

yami4ct

Steins;Gate 13

Holy crap. Is there ever was a "shit got real" episode, this was one. So many interesting moments. Clearly I was right that Mayuri had
death flag written all over her
. Multiple times, apparently. Haha. It's great how this episode was so effective with very much "real" forward plot movement. I mean, the episode was basically just
Mayuri dying o[ver and over in increasingly gruesome ways
. That last scene was especially horrible to watch. I guess the biggest thing that I think I took from this episode is that
Okarin isn't doing enough to move the world line. He needs to take even bigger actions. Even if he manages to move it a little, it only changes the time. location and medium of her death and not the actual facts

Shit. Sorry. Thanks for pointing it out. Edited a damn close bracket off of one of my spoiler tags. I usually triple check things in advanced mode before I even post. Not sure how that got passed me.

No big problem. I wasn't planning on watching Steins;Gate anytime soon anyway.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 13

Holy crap. Is there ever was a "shit got real" episode, this was one. So many interesting moments. Clearly I was right that Mayuri had
death flag written all over her
. Multiple times, apparently. Haha. It's great how this episode was so effective with very much "real" forward plot movement. I mean, the episode was basically just
Mayuri dying o[ver and over in increasingly gruesome ways
. That last scene was especially horrible to watch. I guess the biggest thing that I think I took from this episode is that
Okarin isn't doing enough to move the world line. He needs to take even bigger actions. Even if he manages to move it a little, it only changes the time. location and medium of her death and not the actual facts

This episode was hard to watch :(

No big problem. I wasn't planning on watching Steins;Gate anytime soon anyway.

That actually didnt spoil a whole lot.
Theres sooooo much more to Steins Gate.

fertygo

I wish we got to see these major show from fall proper trailer soon.
Any good anime (or manga) with this 80s or whatever look?

MCCGhQ1.jpg

Megazone 23?
Its a mech show though, but I guess you'd see design like that.

Or Kimagure Orange Road if you haven't see it yet.

Kino's Journey - 5

...Whoa.

I think the theme is that there's beauty in all the fucked up things. In a existential way. One of my favorite series.

Syrinx

To Loveru 14

God Rito sucks. The self-pity almost radiates off the screen. I wish Lala's dad killed him and blew up the Earth.

Haruna had the derpiest looking dog ever.

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 104

Gender confusion on my behalf.

So today, we're reminded just how much
Neo Queen Serenity
is definitely like Usagi, from lack of Kanji, to dialect. All to throw Usagi under a bus. Hohoho. (expect the usual Chibiusa and Usagi antics)

Anyway, Chibiusa needs friends, and we see a wild Shin Chan... which led to a pretty boy voiced by Shin chan.... AND HE FLASHED HIS DICK AT CHIBIUSA! HE FLASHED HIS COCK AT HER! HE WHIPPED THE ELEPHANT! SHE CAN'T GET MARRIED! KIDS SHOW!

FUCK! Oh well, we find another pretty boy/girl/something/another who does tea and... oh I remember the recent Doki Doki Precure episode but without batteries. Sailor Chibi Moon is awesome btw, just utterly hilarious. Pink Sugar Heart attack is the greatest. It's even flaccid like a penis too! Wait what.
KIDS SHOW!

duckroll

Majestic Prince - Episode 17-18

Action packed two-parter with major developments on both sides of the conflict. Some superb action scenes, especially in episode 18. It looks like things are going to get really interesting from here on out. I can't wait to see how everything ties up as the series concludes. I'm hoping for a surprising climax to the series.

Kagami

Everybody goes nuts over this show. I watched an episode of it but it didnt really grab me. does it get better as it goes on?

First season is good, although I felt the last few episodes were less fun than the earlier ones.
Second season is better than the first. (Final episode was on the mediocre side, but the other 11 were good.)
I love Buriki's artwork and it carried over well enough to the TV anime that I really liked it there too, even if everyone raves about how much better Denpa Onna did it.
The character interaction is funny and the girls are lovable/lustable, although I don't know if they're cajunator-compatible cute.
It's a harem setup, but the romance aspect is muted and doesn't really become overt until the end of the second season.
There's a fair amount of (Japanese) internet meme references that's kind of like the stuff in Steins;Gate, except in Haganai it's just inserted into the dialog for audience laughs without the characters commenting on it. I'm a sucker for that stuff so I found it amusing.

Maybe check out episodes two and three and drop it at that point if it's still not doing much for you. Episode two is the videogame parody episode which was I thought was hilarious.

Maybe ZZ Gundam? It was an 80s Gundam show and the cast kinda looked that way at times:

Still my favorite UC Gundam show.

It's really amazing how it went from absolutely awful to really good.

It's not my favorite UC series (Zeta always wins, although the original is a close second), but Judau is probably my favorite UC Gundam protagonist.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu/Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3 Episode 6: How they hell does this episode contain more fanservice then the Jungle Beach episode? Anyway, this is a transitional episode to get us to the next Airsoft game, a fair is had, a shooting machine is rented, hijinks ensure. Also we meet the Operatic Bridget Twins who look to play a role in the 24 Hour Airsoft Tournament.
Still waiting to see how these reality warping powers of Yura are going to play out because I am pretty sure she just killed an alternate universe Sonora. Speaking of which, I wonder how long they are going to drag out the obvious yuri feelings those two have for each other. JUST KISS ALREADY! Also, there are doings a transpiring, either through reality marble or through sabotage, because how else did that lobster get into the machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom