• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

zsKDnFO.jpg
get ready

Majestic Prince Episode 18 – Defensive Battle at Cosmopolitan Academy (Second Part)
tumblr_mrae8xKi3C1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Patrick for best side character, he needs more screentime.

The fight itself was overall good, I liked the ending moments of it more than that which the gif posted yesterday showed. mainly because
Izuru and Asagi really kept stabbing Klein so much, and the scene just kept going and going. Looked quite intense and was such a good strategy

On the other side I wonder what they will do next
seeing the humans as intelligent now, could they stop the mission?

Narag

Gatchaman Crowds 5

• Lack of team dynamic is interesting.
  • Another JJ message narrated unlike their earlier orders in the first and second ep.
  • Tunnel emergency was a nice complement to the bad milk stuff earlier. More empowerment of the common person but with a more dire situation this time around.
  • Loved that end.
    A real hero finally appears much to the chagrin of the one person working against such a notion, doubly so for appearing before his Hundred.
  • The whole concept of the somewhat anonymous Hundred has me wondering who is going to pop up as one. Expected it from one of the four adults working the emergency.
  • I think we're finally on track.

Dragoshi1

Fate/Kaleid Episode 5

So that happened. This Dark Saber fight was pretty cool, amazingly so, actually. I was secretly hoping she would smile at them, as if accepting their strength as equals in battle, but I forgot she was evil.

And going by the preview, was that Red Saber?

yami4ct

Steins;Gate 15-20

This show has become something that revels in just absolutely depressing the viewer. God dang. I loved all the episodes that focused on
undoing each of the D-Mails
. It was really hard to watch most of those, especially Faris'. The show has been on a downward trek emotionally for a while now. Not sure how much lower it can go.

Ok, reactions to the big events.

Part-timer is
Daru's daughter
. When they solved that one, I shouldn't have been surprised. It's obvious looking back at the event a couple episodes ago where she expected she
may find her father
. The way they solved it was cool, even if the revelation itself gets sort of skipped over. The whole
I failed suicide note
we got from her after was just terrible to see.

The FB that
Moeka is working with
is
Mr. Braun
. Again, pretty much called that one.
He really seemed suspicious. Also, only really major character who I can think of who'd have a B in their initial
. The last two episodes are at the peak of absolutely horrifying depression. We get not one, but two
horrible suicide events
. We also get the next major plot point that......

In order to save
Mayuri, Kurisu is going to have to die
. What, what?! There has to be a way to fix this one, given the multitude of world lines out there. If there are infinite numbers of world lines, at least one must exist where
they both live
. The best part is it means we're finally going to get a solution to the mystery of the
stabbing of Kurisu
we saw in the very first episode. Cannot wait to see how that unfolds.

Well, there is one thing I'm interested to see work out that's pretty confusing here. So I guess
Okarin and crew's time machine was what allowed SERN to create their own, right? Without that they really never solve it?
Not sure what's so special about
the crew's time machine
. Hopefully I'll get an answer to that question as we begin to wrap up. Cannot wait to see where this all goes, especially with the weird
visions of Okarin and Mayuri in prehistoric times.

fertygo

Sounds like the E7 movie.

What the hell, no.

Its like Do you remember love or every standalone retelling movie that carrying the original spirit, not an attempt to take a piss to the source.

I don't know why BONES fail so badly at that, its the first retelling movie that I've seen that ignore everything that make the original likable.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 15-20

This show has become something that revels in just absolutely depressing the viewer. God dang. I loved all the episodes that focused on
undoing each of the D-Mails
. It was really hard to watch most of those, especially Faris'. The show has been on a downward trek emotionally for a while now. Not sure how much lower it can go.

Ok, reactions to the big events.

Part-timer is
Daru's daughter
. When they solved that one, I shouldn't have been surprised. It's obvious looking back at the event a couple episodes ago where she expected she
may find her father
. The way they solved it was cool, even if the revelation itself gets sort of skipped over. The whole
I failed suicide note
we got from her after was just terrible to see.

The FB that
Moeka is working with
is
Mr. Braun
. Again, pretty much called that one.
He really seemed suspicious. Also, only really major character who I can think of who'd have a B in their initial
. The last two episodes are at the peak of absolutely horrifying depression. We get not one, but two
horrible suicide events
. We also get the next major plot point that......

In order to save
Mayuri, Kurisu is going to have to die
. What, what?! There has to be a way to fix this one, given the multitude of world lines out there. If there are infinite numbers of world lines, at least one must exist where
they both live
. The best part is it means we're finally going to get a solution to the mystery of the
stabbing of Kurisu
we saw in the very first episode. Cannot wait to see how that unfolds.

Well, there is one thing I'm interested to see work out that's pretty confusing here. So I guess
Okarin and crew's time machine was what allowed SERN to create their own, right? Without that they really never solve it?
Not sure what's so special about
the crew's time machine
. Hopefully I'll get an answer to that question as we begin to wrap up. Cannot wait to see where this all goes, especially with the weird
visions of Okarin and Mayuri in prehistoric times.

Still a few revelations left to discover, but yeah those episodes are a pretty wild ride. The ride aint over yet though!

cnet128

Banned
Danganronpa 6

Well, this murder was always going to be a clusterfuck, since the details of how it occurred were a little confusing even in the game. Lots of rushing back and forth between different rooms and discovering new developments. Predictably enough, the confusion was exacerbated here by the ridiculous pace and the fact that the anime doesn't provide any chance for the viewer to become familiar with the relevant rooms and how they're positioned in relation to each other.

Yay for the debut of
Alter Ego
, though. It was kind of cute how s/he was animated.

Also, (game spoilers)
Celes' slip of the tongue seemed way more obvious here than it ever did in the game. She was like "WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE KILLED JUST LIKE THEY WERE" and then just a few seconds later was like "Huh? Second murder? What second murder?" I can't remember exactly how the corresponding lines played out in the game, though. Maybe it just seems more obvious now because I know to look for it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Utena movie is not a Do You Remember Love? either. The latter still tells the same story as the television show. It's not like Be-Papas just reanimated the thing and made it prettier for the silver screen.

cajunator

Banned
Greatest thing I've read today, if only because people would feel insulted.

Anywho, Madoka movies worth checking out folks? Might be my next set of movies (besides you know, the Sailor Moon movies.)

Third movie is new stuff. First two are just the TV series prettied up.

duckroll

Tachikawa said he’s good friends with Masahiko Otsuka and he asked him to work on an episode of Kill La Kill after Anime Mirai. Tachikawa admitted that his style doesn’t fit Gainax/Trigger, but Otsuka said the episode works specifically for him because Tachikawa portrays money, greed, and other aspects of the human condition very well.

Kill la Billiards.

Masao Maruyama has confirmed that Watanabe will be announcing his new show with Bones at Otakon:

Maruyama also stated for the umpteenth time that he wants to animate Pluto (SOMEONE GIVE HIM ALL THE MONIES), along with To All The Corners Of The World (which I think he's announced before?) and The Dream Machine. I guess he just needs the capital to do so for all of them :(

Maruyama has nothing to announce for himself, so he's leaking other people's announcements. So sad. :(

qrAjJQx.jpg

Free! 5

Bad cliffhanger. Really doesn't help that it was obvious that a storm (OUT OF NOWHERE) would appear at the very end.

Makoto makes for a pretty good captain and it was nice to see some background information on someone other than Rin and Haru.

cnet128

Banned
Symphogear G 6

Mad Scientist Sugita is getting more and more...well, mad.

The rest of the villains are so sympathetic at this point that even their old woman leader, who's supposed to be the one teaching the impressionable young girls to abandon their emotions and morals and continue down the path of evil, is having second thoughts about whether she's really doing the right thing.

Oh and Hibiki is
dying or something
. Drama drama drama. At least we got the glorious return of
her demonic berserker mode, which beats up everything Mad Scientist Sugita can throw at it with hilarious ease, but sadly neglects to destroy the hellbeast's beating heart filled with evil dark energy. Because that's definitely never going to cause any trouble.

Novid

Banned
I only have a Madoka Magica mug but its pretty nice.

Its kind of funny. Saban was the ones who dubbed a bunch of stuff for Nickelodeon way back when. they used to be awesome.

but then again saban took and picked out other shows and brought it the states sight unseen,

But to be truly honest with you. Saban and Levy should have taken over the music industry instead of the animation business. We would be in a lot better place when it comes to Pop Music, Post Jackson era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom