• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 52 -END-
BAITED.
Wiseman's death was practically ripped off straight out of 2001.
This was a pretty awesome ride. Somewhat rough at times but the rest of it made up for any of that.
What should I watch now from the companion content or should I just ignore it?

When I saw the name "Wizard Barristers", I thought it was going to be another "pick random English words out of the dictionary" title, but no, there really are wizard barristers.

Theonik

The Last Red Shoulder and Mellowlink.
Thanks! I'll look into those right now. I also just looked at some of the other stuff:
ingVbEBjDFryJ.jpg

No.
Nononononono.

Jintor

When I saw the name "Wizard Barristers", I thought it was going to be another "pick random English words out of the dictionary" title, but no, there really are wizard barristers.

And judges with artifact level gavels no less.

I'm going to be completely honest: i've been looking for a show/book/whatever that combines law and magic for quite some time. People are always going on about demonic contracts and compacts and whatnot, I've always thought there should be some kind of thingy...

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Episode 22
tumblr_mrbg4khISX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Goer for most underrated supported, that affection for Dessler and his over the top antics is hilarious. Maybe he can become leader
if Dessler is defeated in battle
With them on the space vessel it seems like it may be quite easy to rescue Yuki Mori now since she isnt down there on the planet. Though what a scene to end on

September cant come soon enough, guess Ill have to watch the tv airings then.

Danganronpa: The Animation Episode 6 (Not) Normal Arc: Return of the New Century Galaxy Legend! O Armored Hero, Stand Upon the Earth!
tumblr_mrbi3xqL6q1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mrbi3xqL6q1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best moment in this awful anime, what an awful plot development and everything. The writer could have done so many things differently.
I dont even care anymore, I didnt sign up for my favorite character to be off'd not even halfway into this, icant. Ill just fervently hope that somehow that girl is right and that the characters dont really die and are off somewhere else happily having the time of their lives.Please AI Chihiro be right

duckroll

The Sword Art Online Special Program which will be airing towards the end of the year will be a recap special for the TV series, covering both arcs. It will also have extra brand new footage. Get excited, motherfuckers!

Pooya

The Sword Art Online Special Program which will be airing towards the end of the year will be a recap special for the TV series, covering both arcs. It will also have extra brand new footage. Get excited, motherfuckers!

extended imouto tears plz.

Jarmel

Banned

They better extend the Asuna tentacle scene damnit.

/XX/

My wires keep getting crossed every time somebody talks about GJ-Bu and C3-Bu. >___<
I mixed up C3-bu with C³ because I'm sure I'm the only one who watched it.
I certainly havent made this mistake. the shows are way too different from each other. but the names are kinda similar and equally silly.
Call it Stella Jogakuin like the cool cats do... and as BGBW mentioned, it brings to memory the "reassuringly expensive" Stella Artois.

Maruyama also stated for the umpteenth time that he wants to animate Pluto (SOMEONE GIVE HIM ALL THE MONIES), along with To All The Corners Of The World (which I think he's announced before?) and The Dream Machine. I guess he just needs the capital to do so for all of them :(
Well, well:

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php said:
16:57:18 <bay|Ota|Maruyama> A: Please send me money

You've heard the man!

He could just be talking about production assistance and such.
Something akin to NTV handing to both MAPPA and MADHOUSE production cooperation roles, like MADHOUSE did for Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki? Yeah, I could see that happening.

Precure doujins are passé

Gimme Little Witch Academia stuff
Give it a chance, man. The LWA one by hamanasu from his hamanasu chaya (&#12399;&#12414;&#12394;&#12377;&#33590;&#23627;) circle, that some might remember from a certain 'd&#333;jin' about the Demon Sisters, even appears to have cameos of Madoka, Cure Heart & the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown!

Not recommended for cnet128, though... ;-)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Leaving aside the fact that Katyusha has to be licensed at all, I don't understand why it would be a particularly expensive song to license. I mean, it made sense for Speed Grapher's use of Girls On Film, but in America I can't imagine the original Katyusha song is high profile enough to make it worth charging lots of money to license.
They spent their GuP budget on bringing tanks to conventions.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Give it a chance, man. The LWA one by hamanasu from his hamanasu chaya (&#12399;&#12414;&#12394;&#12377;&#33590;&#23627;) circle, that some might remember from a certain 'd&#333;jin' about the Demon Sisters, even appears to have cameos of Madoka, Cure Heart & the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown!

Not recommended for cnet128, though... ;-)
Doujin talk takes over anime talk once again. Anime is truly dead.

BluWacky

More important is if they will translate the OVAs and Yukari's tank corners.

According to ANN's panel report:

ANN said:
As for Girls und Panzer, Sentai also has the OVA, but it will be released separately from the TV series. However, the character intro episodes (episodes 5.5 and 10.5) will be included with the TV release, but will be subtitled-only.

So I guess that covers the OVA - but I don't know about the tank corners, I don't really know what those are since I didn't watch the show.

duckroll

When Sentai says the OVA will be sold separately, are they talking about the upcoming OVA which isn't released yet, or the OVA mini-episodes which were on disc in Japan?

Theonik

When Sentai says the OVA will be sold separately, are they talking about the upcoming OVA which isn't released yet, or the OVA mini-episodes which were on disc in Japan?
I'd have said they meant the upcoming OVA but they say:
However, the character intro episodes (episodes 5.5 and 10.5) will be included with the TV release, but will be subtitled-only.
Which makes me think they might actually be considering doing the OVAs in a separate release.
Very weird thing to clarify there.

Articalys

Funimation continues to leak their own announcements at each major convention by uploading images to their server that can be accessed publicly:
Code:
http://www.funimation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/81h_X_144w_typical_video_thumbnail/cowboy.jpg
cowboy.jpg

Code:
http://www.funimation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/81h_X_144w_typical_video_thumbnail/outlaw.jpg
outlaw.jpg

Code:
http://www.funimation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/81h_X_144w_typical_video_thumbnail/gundam.jpg
gundam.jpg

(that's SEED Destiny for anyone who doesn't want to squint at the image)

And yes, these are the standard filename formats they use for all their series video thumbnails.

So there's two of the things that Anime Unlimited had rescued in the UK, now apparently Funi has done the same for the U.S.

Funimation continues to leak their own announcements at each major convention by uploading images to their server that can be accessed publicly:

So there's two of the things that Anime Unlimited had rescued in the UK, now apparently Funi has done the same for the U.S.
One had mentioned it a few posts up but oh well, hopefully its BDs for Gundam

Articalys

Megatons from the Watanabe Q&A:
How Bebop came to be: Bandai wanted to sell spaceship toys. They told him: as long as it had spaceships he could make it however he wants. But when Bandai saw the anime: they said, this won't sell spaceships! So they withdrew their sponsorship. Bandai Visual then stepped in and funded it. If they hadn't "I'd be working on the supermarket line now"
(1) (2) (3)

Blood Lad - Episode 4

I swear even the comedic fights in this show looks great. The new character that was introduced is pretty interesting as well, and the story is starting to pick up a little.

Blood Lad - Episode 5

I kinda hate how they always faze out of fights, almost every fight in this episode was fazed out and only shown a little bit. They need to show a full fight like
Staz vs Wolf
, or the comedic fight from the last episode.

As you can tell I'm mostly watching this anime for the action since the animation for it is pretty good. The comedy isn't all that great though except for a few scenes. If there's one thing I can never get over is that they always put Fuyumi in these ridiculous costumes lol.

Jex

That was the ref, yeah.

Turn A Gundam 13

So in case you didn't know that Gundam AGE was a piece of shit awful show and that it completely and utterly ruins any good ideas it uses, Turn A Gundam's 13th episode proves that to you with a case example.

AGE does the cold sleep stuff several times, and they mean nothing to you. Here, though, Turn A manages to explore the actual pain that cold sleep causes a person while also developing, rather than harming, one of its key cast members. Like AGE, this scene lacks a certain oomph because the events tarnished by cold sleep are detached from the plot. Or rather, we don't know or care about Wil Game, and this is the first we've heard of
his relationship with Diana Soriel
, so something lacks in our capacity to feel for them, just as
in AGE, nobody gives a fuck about Xehanort because his friendship with Assmu is based entirely on a single montage, so their becoming distant due to cold sleep hijinks and other things really has no weight.

Also, and I know this sounds weird considering they're identical, but I think Kihel Heim looks better than Diana Soreil.

You're right, that is weird. For reference, &#8704; Gundam has another character for whom cold sleep is an important element of their backstory and I find that particular scenario to be far more interesting.

Articalys

Two of Watanabe's main reasons for directing Kids on the Slope:

1) He loved reading the original manga

2) It was jazz themed, he loves jazz, and god help him if he was going to let anyone else fuck it up

Jex

I'm sure everyone here will be overjoyed to learn that there is a Sword Art Online special program broadcasting some time towards the end of this year. There's supposed to be an announcement at the end. Season 2 here we come?!

Where's my second season of Accel World?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 177
I understand the point was to show that intellectualism doesn't have to be at odds with romanticism, but the way the premise of the episode is presented makes me think all the "thinkers" in this show are full of shit. Also, it was bad. I guess they used all the budget they had for Ami episodes on the SuperS movie prelude. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom