• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesnd

I don't get why people are hating on BONES in the other thread for SD.
They put out some shows with terrible stories and twists for sure, original or adaptations, but in pretty much everywhere and even in their recent works the production was pretty great, both AO and Blasty had some great scenes and action. So with SD, it's an original script from people with proven track record not the usual stuff BONES has been putting out, everything else is something they do very well and I think it shows in the off screen PV even. so why the hate? :b

Names and staff lists are useless in the long run. Let the footage speak for itself. Really liked the PV.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You clearly haven't witnessed a British summer, we go crazy for the sun!
All two days of it.
We don't go out of our way to express a liking for things that are expected. Sun in the UK is unexpected so people go mad. A trailer making you excited is to be expected so at most we'll likely just go "well that's was pretty good wasn't it eh lad".
It's like tipping...

Space Dandy...

Incredible-Hulk-Grin-Smile-Reaction-Gif.gif

<33333333333

Most anticipated anime now.

Syrinx

Haha, even people who don't post in this thread or that I've never even seen in an anime thread are calling out "duckroll hype".

Is he really that bad?

Dangassronpa 6

Hmmm, they're changing some pretty vital details here.
Having Alter Ego find the picture seems like it could cause problems, though it probably won't.
I do like how they animated him though.

One reason I'm still watching this is so I can pick up on foreshadowing since I finished the game. I now know the significance of
Yamada regaining his memory.

Jarmel

Banned
The best thing about the Dandy list is the writing cast. I wonder if it's going to be heavily episodic or if there is going to be more character arc type stuff.

Day Break Illusion Episode 6

Way too girl at the start (we needed to see them shower...really?!), but then the episode, though kind of predictable for one plot point, was intense
Seira flashback and then that sound effect when her friend slammed right into that billboard with the pins sticking out, OUCH. And then to have another friend become Daemonia and now forgotten. These girls need some happy things happening or something, such a sad time of their lives.

Dead

well not really...yet
The best thing about the Dandy list is the writing cast. I wonder if it's going to be heavily episodic or if there is going to be more character arc type stuff.
The staff for this show is for the most part the same as Bebop. Same animation studio as Bebop, same key writers, Watanabe. Except Kawamoto has been swapped out for Ito (who btw did a ton of KA on CB), though im sure hell provide animation too. Just missing confirmation of Kanno.

duckroll

Watanabe always does both in his original TV shows, so I don't see why it'll be any different here.

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 111

Part two of Talismin Hijinxs

So Pluto has the third Talismin, and she used its power to ressurect Neptune and Uranus. They called up the Holy Grail, which was then used by Sailor Moon. Chibi Moon also got a visual upgrade for some reason. However, Sailor Moon collapsed after fending off Eudial, stating that she is not the Messiah, but a new girl is. The other loli.

Another brutal death of a evil character, have to say it's quite humane in regards to how she was killed, and they did tell us how she'd get killed not too long ago.

Bebop was both of those things, so I don't see why Dandy couldn't do the same thing. Episodic and character arcs can go in hand in hand in that regard.

/XX/

BONES has been consistently terrible for a good 3-4 years now. Its understandable.
Not even a classmate of BONES' founder Mr. Minami like is Kazuhiko Shimamoto wants them near an adaptation of his Blue Flame graphical novel, because he said (as Takami Akai mentions) that they "aren't serious" with project work there at BONES:

ITW Takami Akai - Passé et avenir du studio Gainax said:
Parfois, il pousse le vice à nous demander quand est-ce que Gainax adaptera le manga d&#8217;Aoi Hon&#333; et M. YAMAGA lui répond à chaque fois « çà tu vas le faire chez Bones ! ». Alors M. SHIMAMOTO rétorque « Ah mais non ils sont trop sérieux chez Bones ! ».
http://gainax.fr/index.php/special/interviews/1221-itw-takami-akai-passe-et-avenir-du-studio-gainax

And that coming in a direct comparison with GAiNAX has to hurt! :p

I'm not :kurita, don't worry /XX/
Phew! I'm saved... :)

So, have you seen this Beyond The Bakken Record TV movie, per chance?

Branduil

The only thing I'm worried about with Space Dandy is that we've only seen Dandy as a prominent human character so far. I'm not sure there will be the same feeling of camaraderie as his previous works with an all-alien supporting cast.

/XX/

The only thing I'm worried about with Space Dandy is that we've only seen Dandy as a prominent human character so far. I'm not sure there will be the same feeling of camaraderie as his previous works with an all-alien supporting cast.
He'll show us that there are no barriers between living things (and the occasional robot), the true bonds that connect every creature... :'-)

cnet128

Banned
http://wizardbarristers.com/

Wizard Barristers

Concept/Director: Yasuomi Umetsu
Animation Production: ARMS

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3sIxFTDBMQ

I know, I know, all the hype is for Space Dandy right now, but this came out of nowhere and has me more intrigued. I'm a sucker for things with magic and things with courtroom action, so a combination of both appeals to me greatly. It worked for me in Professor Layton vs Gyakuten Saiban, and it works for me here. Gavels of demonic fire? Yes. Yes. This is what I like to see.

Also, delicious fanservice.

Give it a chance, man. The LWA one by hamanasu from his hamanasu chaya (&#12399;&#12414;&#12394;&#12377;&#33590;&#23627;) circle, that some might remember from a certain 'd&#333;jin' about the Demon Sisters, even appears to have cameos of Madoka, Cure Heart & the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown!

Not recommended for cnet128, though... ;-)

...This means it's futa, doesn't it.

Sigh. I'll probably end up fapping to it anyway.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
contrary to popular belief women aren't aliens.

Dresden

We've seen Honey, and there should be more.

QT is qt. Don't hate. Bro-tier.

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 112

Chibiusa has like the worst damn dress ever. Jesus. Why does Mimete have white panties? She's not Pure. Toei lied to me. They're just used all the budget on the girls hair.

Anyway, That's why they're the outer Senshi, because they're not "in" with the other Senshis. Anyway, we now have Hotaru revealed, who has special powers
and obviously the Messiah
. Mimete might be going for romance for her little spiel.

Shame the other Senshis pretty much devolved into just being body guards for the Princess though, they haven't been terribly useful, nevermind the fact that they haven't been buffed since Rough. But they still exist more than TUXEDO RAMASAMA, that's for sure.

We also see what the main bad guy really looks like beyond the silhouette, dat homely villain set.

Dead

well not really...yet
Not even a classmate of BONES' founder Mr. Minami like is Kazuhiko Shimamoto wants them near an adaptation of his Blue Flame graphical novel, because he said (as Takami Akai mentions) that they "aren't serious" with project work there at BONES:

http://gainax.fr/index.php/special/interviews/1221-itw-takami-akai-passe-et-avenir-du-studio-gainax

And that coming in a direct comparison with GAiNAX has to hurt! :p

Phew! I'm saved... :)

So, have you seen this Beyond The Bakken Record TV movie, per chance?
Umm actually that quote directly translates to:

"Come on! They are way too serious over at Bones!"

Meaning he wants a studio with some levity and humour to adapt his work

CorvoSol

The Sword Art Online Special Program which will be airing towards the end of the year will be a recap special for the TV series, covering both arcs. It will also have extra brand new footage. Get excited, motherfuckers!

Oh snaaaap. Gonna get an extended
imouto in the showah scene and y'all gonna like it as she cries salty tears for the Beater!

So is Kevin Clash, Stoner or Woz in this image?

I see Che Guevara and Wreck it Ralph about to rape Terra Branford.

You're right, that is weird. For reference, &#8704; Gundam has another character for whom cold sleep is an important element of their backstory and I find that particular scenario to be far more interesting.

Well I think what I really meant to say is that the Kihel design is better looking than the Diana Soreil design. Something about the way Diana Soreil does her hair and puts on blue lip stick makes her look really creepy.

I don't get why people are hating on BONES in the other thread for SD.
They put out some shows with terrible stories and twists for sure, original or adaptations, but in pretty much everywhere and even in their recent works the production was pretty great, both AO and Blasty had some great scenes and action. So with SD, it's an original script from people with proven track record not the usual stuff BONES has been putting out, everything else is something they do very well and I think it shows in the off screen PV even. so why the hate? :b

Looking pretty and being well animated were not big issues for me with AO. Aside from having the hand drawn Nirvash fly alongside two poorly disguised CG airplanes. Anyway, the problem was the need to make that project E7. Taking a massive dump over E7, even if it was a very pretty one, was not cool.

Haha, even people who don't post in this thread or that I've never even seen in an anime thread are calling out "duckroll hype".

Is he really that bad?

Nah. Gargantia was great and MJP has its moments.

Theonik

Well I think what I really meant to say is that the Kihel design is better looking than the Diana Soreil design. Something about the way Diana Soreil does her hair and puts on blue lip stick makes her look really creepy.
To be fair, it's clear the moonrace doesn't have the best of fashion sense judging from pretty much everyone on this show.

Articalys

Sentai and Funimation just announced a ton of the Bandai/Sunrise titles they're getting:
15:14:04 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> argeno soma
15:14:05 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> betterman
15:14:08 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> brain powerd
15:14:08 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> ryvious
15:14:51 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> overman king gainer
15:15:08 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> sacred seven
15:14:11 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> scryed
15:14:12 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> big o
15:15:18 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> big o ii
15:14:15 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> zegapain
15:14:16 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> zmind
15:14:18 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> sora kake

15:14:20 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> funimation
15:14:22 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> tales of the abyss
15:14:26 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> withc hunter robin
15:14:28 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> crest/banner of the stars
15:14:32 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> angel links
15:14:35 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> code geass

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Day Break Illusion 6

Pretty good episode, even though they obviously went for the cheap feels by
giving Seira a friend who gets turned into a Daemonia (a friend she only met a few days prior, at that)
. I wonder if they're just going to keep doing consecutive focus episodes on all four of the main characters, as well. Last week was Ginka, this week was Seira, so next week should be Luna, I'd guess.

CorvoSol

To be fair, it's clear the moonrace doesn't have the best of fashion sense judging from pretty much everyone on this show.

What, you don't think that Corrin's Mars symbol over his dick is the truest sense of fashion of all? It's so bold and straightforward.

So glad funimation got Code Geass and Akito the Exiled.

Is that a show? I thought it was just a manga.

Sentai announcing some titles from Sunrise

Betterman
Argento Soma
S-Cry-Ed
Z-Mind
Zega Pain
Sacred Seven
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space
Infinite Ryuvis
Kurokami: The Animation
The Big O

Awww yeah.