• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

That all landed on the bottom of the last page and was a bit half-hazard so let's try that again:

Bandai license rescues from Sentai Filmworks:
Argento Soma
Betterman
s-CRY-ed
Z-Mind
Zegapain
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space (Sora o Kakeru Shojo)
Infinite Ryvius
Kurokami The Animation
The Big O (seasons 1 and 2)
Along with a brand new license for Sacred Seven.

Bandai license rescues from Funimation:
Tales of the Abyss
Witch Hunter Robin
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
Angel Links
Crest of the Stars
Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars II
Passage of the Stars - Birth
Along with the Akito license for Geass.

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 113

Apparently the Outer Senshis revealed that they are in fact, Outer Senshi, who've been given more power for individual purposes to protect the outer solar system.

And we go visit Hotaru... and we get a startling reveal
Kaorinite seems to be alive and kicking.
Her house is full of creep factor. Not surprising considering the circumstances behind it, on top of her changed attitude upon holding Usagi's henshin brooch.

I wonder if Hotaru will get less frail though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Gainer, Big O, and Scryed?

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

please be blus (where applicable) even if lolsentai quality

Neptunia 05

7aDVWkGl.jpg

Sadness.

Anyway, not a bad episode. Got pretty decent action going on and all that resolve.

i was waiting for one to notice it.

Psp is dead , long life VITA

Articalys

15:27:28 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> Q: Any chance of Aikatsu being streamed?
15:28:08 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> A: Right now it's onlyin japan but i would love an opportunity for other audiences to see it
15:28:19 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> There is already discussion about possible english dub, so look forward to it

madp

The Light of El Cantare
15:27:28 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> Q: Any chance of Aikatsu being streamed?
15:28:08 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> A: Right now it's onlyin japan but i would love an opportunity for other audiences to see it
15:28:19 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> There is already discussion about possible english dub, so look forward to it

sunrise can signalize my entire bank account if this isn't just words

e: I guess Space Dandy looks pretty okay too

Articalys

Also:

15:23:43 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> Q: New gintama anime project with the popularity of the "final" movie?
15:23:58 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> A: At this point, we have to stick to staying it's the final movie
15:24:17 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> But the manga is still going and it is gintama after all, so who is to say
15:24:47 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> Realistically, it's up to how well the movie performs and how well the DVD sales are
15:25:15 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> And I have to believe that there are enough voices needing more gintama, i would personally like to answe them

Although I guess that's more of an expected "as long as it's popular and keeps making us money of course we'll consider making more of it" answer.

cnet128

Banned
Kin'iro Mosaic 6

Summer festival! Fireworks! Yukata! (...for everyone except Shinobu, of course. But then, apparently she doesn't need clothes because she is a forest fairy. I'm not going to argue with this reasoning.)

Aya and Yoko OTP etc etc.

JCG

Glad that someone is finally picking up all the Sunrise stuff, since several of those old Bandai discs in my collection are starting to show their age by now.

Is that a show? I thought it was just a manga.

No, Akito the Exiled is an 4-episode OVA/film series. Episode 2 comes out in Japanese theaters next month.

Dangranronpa The Animation 06

D'awwww, there goes my favorite character.

Even I had a good laugh when instead of animate looking through the hallways, they just decided to show MC moving on the main map.

I remember hearing this case was just messy so hey, maybe the anime will trim enough for everything to make sense.

Man, that cheerful ED pic. That does make me hope for a Dangranronpa IF adaptation for the hell of it.

Theonik

C3 Club 06
ib9Pksa5maWUP.png

If only Mugi was in the C3-bu instead of the Keion-bu
This show is still very bad. I'm not even sure about how to properly express it. It just doesn't work for me.
This episode you had some school festival antics which were honestly not that good. Then suddenly paper shirt watergun fight. (complete with cross-dressing boys) It's like they have a checklist of fetishes to cover.
Then you have some laughably bad mood whiplash. From happy dumb antics to Yura's past coming back to make her depressed only to vanish again. Then a lot of things just seem poorly executed overall.

I died. Hanazawa killed me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Gatchaman [C]rowds 5:

I feel bad because when I saw this:

2nrSmBfl.jpg

The first thing that came to mind was this:

scVWh.gif

Syrinx

Gurren Lagann 4

Today we learn that you can't just combine willy-nilly; you have to do it as beautifully manly as possible, or else it doesn't work I guess. Also you can't work up a proper manly spirit on an empty stomach. That little guy is Simon's true bro; the guy let him eat his tail so and Kamina could work up the energy to finish off that 16-faced gunman. That's a true bro, coming through when you need him most.

Dangranronpa The Animation 06

D'awwww, there goes my favorite character.

Even I had a good laugh when instead of animate looking through the hallways, they just decided to show MC moving on the main map.

I remember hearing this case was just messy so hey, maybe the anime will trim enough for everything to make sense.

Man, that cheerful ED pic. That does make me hope for a Dangranronpa IF adaptation for the hell of it.
Cheapest adaptation ever ?

Novid

Banned
Americas Youth is going to end up like Japanese Youth im fucking sure of it.

That what happens when you have a patriarchal sociality that damns the youth and forgets its own histories. Men and Women practically hate each other in various degrees but breed in order to keep up appearance of a world view that were owned by criminals. The sexuality is to the hilt, we created whole fucking industries for it and yet when it comes the actual act it 3 to 15 mins? The Youth now sees that human sexuality is a Joke. The only reason why we have brothas and bros, and gang life, and bro life and even fucking hipster life is because these men have accepted this malignant form of patriarchy in order to get as many girls as possible. Those that haven't - have gone into this moe/loli/dfc stuff.

Moe/Loli has always been the symptom. Never the cause.

The only way out of it is gender. Transgender Gaf has been a great model of what human beings can become.

BluWacky

I don't even remotely understand the appeal of Dangranronpa.

The anime, or the game?

I get the appeal in theory - it's a murder mystery story, and I love murder mysteries. To me it's a bit like if you took an Agatha Christie novel and filled it with Wacky Characters instead of real people. From what I've played of the game, despite its extremely simple solutions the gameplay is more entertaining than, say, Phoenix Wright's take on a similar situation (mostly because the text moves faster...).

With that said, it's not a game that in any way appealed to me in terms of an anime adaptation; you wander around the same locations over and over again, huge chunks of the game are deliberately static (lots of people standing around talking to/at each other), and it's so verbose that it really doesn't suit something which should have a bit more interest visually.

It doesn't help that the anime is apparently the laziest, cheapest adaptation ever, either.

Articalys

And there we go -- after the image leak, official confirmation that Funimation now has the licenses for Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, along with My-HiME, all the various Mai-Otome series, and Escaflowne (including the movie).

Bebop on Blu-ray is dated for 2014.

Mature

The anime, or the game?

I get the appeal in theory - it's a murder mystery story, and I love murder mysteries. To me it's a bit like if you took an Agatha Christie novel and filled it with Wacky Characters instead of real people. From what I've played of the game, despite its extremely simple solutions the gameplay is more entertaining than, say, Phoenix Wright's take on a similar situation (mostly because the text moves faster...).

With that said, it's not a game that in any way appealed to me in terms of an anime adaptation; you wander around the same locations over and over again, huge chunks of the game are deliberately static (lots of people standing around talking to/at each other), and it's so verbose that it really doesn't suit something which should have a bit more interest visually.

It doesn't help that the anime is apparently the laziest, cheapest adaptation ever, either.
All I've seen is the first episode of the anime, but that's all I really needed. It's not funny, the character design is hard to look at, the story is pretty cliche, there's next to no animation— I literally can't think of a single redeeming quality. If you want a good murder mystery, cherry pick and indulge in the better Detective Conan episodes.

And there we go -- after the image leak, official confirmation that Funimation now has the licenses for Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, along with My-HiME, all the various Mai-Otome series, and Escaflowne (including the movie).

Sweet Jesus, today is the best day for anime.

jbug617

Banned

Buying Bebop day 1. Hope we get a nice packaging like the UK.

Novid

Banned

I expect Escaflowne to air on Toonami around the time Iniusha will move up to finish its final 26 episodes.

All I've seen is the first episode of the anime, but that's all I really needed. It's not funny, the character design is hard to look at, the story is pretty cliche, there's next to no animation— I literally can't think of a single redeeming quality. If you want a good murder mystery, cherry pick and indulge in the better Detective Conan episodes.

To be fair, the anime is the worst possible first impression Danganronpa could give. I enjoyed the game a fair bit, but the anime is lazy, cynical garbage. I'm pretty sure at points they're literally using assets from the game in it.

Like BluWacky said though, it's not an ideal candidate for adaption, and ignoring that was probably my first mistake with the anime.

The anime is bad and lazy, but the game is fun, over-the-top with an enjoyable cast of characters.

Articalys

16:38:26 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Which of the sunrise titles will be on BD?
16:38:31 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: We don't have that information right now

Let the guessing games begin.

more q&a stuff:

16:39:20 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Bebop [HD masters] on Toonami?
16:39:24 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: out of our hands
16:39:27 <bay|Ota|FUNi> we'd love that to happen
16:39:37 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Gankutsuou on BD?
16:39:45 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: No bd rights for that yet
16:40:14 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: English release of Mushishi BD?
16:40:31 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: We may not have bluray rights for it
16:40:51 <bay|Ota|FUNi> the solicitation that went out ages ago was a misprint

BluWacky

I don't actually like murder mystery anime very much (save something as visually interesting as Mouryou no Hako). I feel like they rely on visual and emotional nuances to elevate the more mundane procedural aspects, which most anime can't provide - what little I've seen of Conan, for instance, is killed stone dead (for me) by the animation and pacing.

Of course I'm a disgusting sakuga whore so my tolerance for long-running shows with limited budgets is pretty low, and I'd probably enjoy Conan if I read the manga, but that's just my stance on such things.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
16:38:26 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Which of the sunrise titles will be on BD?
16:38:31 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: We don't have that information right now

Let the guessing games begin.

more q&a stuff:

16:39:20 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Bebop [HD masters] on Toonami?
16:39:24 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: out of our hands
16:39:27 <bay|Ota|FUNi> we'd love that to happen
16:39:37 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Gankutsuou on BD?
16:39:45 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: No bd rights for that yet
16:40:14 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: English release of Mushishi BD?
16:40:31 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: We may not have bluray rights for it

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom