• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
1kwkoDO.jpg
BglD3wm.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 324

Still have yet to see Utakata's filler arc but after seeing the sad reunion between him and Naruto, I should give it a watch when I have the time to marathon it.

I am glad to see that they expanded the battle between him and Pain to show how he lost compared to the clip I saw of him laying defeated under those rocks.

Genshiken Nidaime 06

Look at how topical they are!

Pretty funny episode again.
I expected onii-san to just be a shota lover but I guess being an imouto or a reverse Hato is ok.

I remember in the first season when Kousaka started playing Guilty Gear Isuka I was like "yo, this show gets it."

lol

Also, anyone talk about how Ami Koshimizu and Ryōka Yuzuki playing the two main roles yet? I did a ctrl+f for their names for like 3 days worth of posts but didn't see anything.

Looking forward to hotblooded Ami, I think the closest we've gotten to that was some Kallen and Leonmichelle scenes.

how was digimon xross wars?

completely forgot that was a thing lol. It was like the first season that had like 3 seasons right?
First 20 eps were just ok.
Then the rest is genuily great with a very nice antagonist and good comedy at times.

Then you have 25 eps in another season that is barely ok and failed

cajunator

Banned
Well, I believe that I can start to get excited now.

Same. Sounds pretty good actually.

Fucking exhausted. Conventions are tiring.

You aint kidding >_
Theyre also hot, smelly, and crowded.

According to ANN, the Katyusha song in GuP that was missing from the Simulcast is getting changed due to licensing reasons for Sentai's US release. :/

No sale.

Looks far cleaner than the PV did so I'm hyped.

FAIL. Super mega fail. Why is it so easy for Japan to use a song but not in the US?

A few more bits of news that have popped up that I don't think have been covered as yet (all stolen from Moonphase and Ikari Gendo's Twitter, or already covered by ANN...)

- Starchild have announced an anime airing in October based around the Miss Monochrome Vocaloid-style character, voiced by Yui Horie. Apparently Miss Monochrome is a character in a smartphone renai game. My interest - zero. You can see a music video on the link.

- Yowamushi Pedal has a short PV up. More lycra, and ergo less UPPER BODY, than Free. I'm mildly impressed with the cycling sequences - of course they're going to be CG backdrops for the movement, but at least they've done something that isn't just speedlines (of course, the PV probably includes all the animated cuts for the entire show...)

- Wake Up Girls is portraying itself as the most :firehawk idol show ever, with a ridiculously nothingy trailer. I am amused to see that Yamakan lets himself be credited for Fractale!

- No-Rin also has a trailer out. I think this is moe Silver Spoon? Haven't watched the trailer, the moeblob girl on the website put me off.

Leaving aside the fact that Katyusha has to be licensed at all, I don't understand why it would be a particularly expensive song to license. I mean, it made sense for Speed Grapher's use of Girls On Film, but in America I can't imagine the original Katyusha song is high profile enough to make it worth charging lots of money to license.

Thanks for those. Regarding Katyusha I dunno really. Its a foreign song and not something currently popular or that probably sells many copies. Who knows with artists/copyright holders

remist

Is there anything worth watching this season if I'm not interested in cute things and is not Blood Lad, Genshiken, Silver Spoon or Watamote(would rather just read the manga for these)?

cajunator

Banned
Rozen Maiden 6

Well-made episode as usual. I really like this shot:

r1PlH0i.jpg

We see a foot reaching towards some sort of strange, abstract, cut up patterns whose meaning is unclear. It's only when the next shot pulls out:

y7Z5fNj.jpg

that we recognize these patterns as sandals. The transformation of the familiar into the alien - such is what happens when the human world is experienced from the scale of a doll. The show has done well in bringing out that incongruity of subject and setting; the shower fight in this episode did so in another way (and was an amusing scenario to boot).

Next week is the first episode that Shinichi Omata did not storyboard. However, the next episode preview showed the same visual finesse I've come to expect in its art and layouts, so I'm not expecting any significant drop in quality because of that.

It certainly does a better job than for example Magican Nyan Nyan Tsruto. but that show was a lot lower budget and more simplistic.

I believe this is suggesting that funimation shall get Cowboy bebop, Outlaw Star, and Gundam

PLEASE BE TRUE PLEASEEEEEEEE

Second PV for Walkure Romanze, which appeared when no one was looking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUwLvFetyLc

More VN-adaptation CG jousting for everyone.

Also a whole bunch of stuff for the Infinite Stratos future, including a PV for season 2, a new OVA, and OP/ED stuff, all in one new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pagnfkCUvZ0

Niiiiice. Although the show doesnt deserve it. But whatever lol.

Cajun is going to die when he sees what Charlotte is cosplaying as in the video.

Well Im still here but it was close!

Oooh, lots of former Bandai titles.

Come ooooooooon, Escaflowne Blurays...

YES PLEASE. Would buy Escaflwne on bluray without hesitation!

/XX/

Umm actually that quote directly translates to:

"Come on! They are way too serious over at Bones!"

Meaning he wants a studio with some levity and humour to adapt his work
Oops! My bad! I think I saw an invisible 'ne' after the 'ils', and the absence of a comma after the 'mais non' expression must have helped to throw me away...
'una segunda partícula negativa sobraría en Castellano, ¡deberían haber aprendido de esto los Franceses!

Well, to me, the connotation remains negative towards BONES. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 18: So at this point we may just need to rename this program to the Jean and Armin show since they seem to be the ones who are getting all the screen time and all of the chracter development. That aside, not a lot to this episode other then
The Female Titan
just utterly decimating the Survey Corps and the subsequent choice to hole up in a large forest. Looks like the main event is coming next episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Is there anything worth watching this season if I'm not interested in cute things and is not Blood Lad, Genshiken, Silver Spoon or Watamote(would rather just read the manga for these)?

Day Break Illusion, Love Lab and Stella High School.

Jarmel

Banned
Couple things of note in regards to the staffing of Space Dandy. Natsume is a really interesting pick as he hasn't done much with Watanabe. I'm also hoping that General Director isn't like "Suda directing". It's not exactly common to have that setup, so is Natsume making sure that everything is going smoothly on the production side while Watanabe handles the bigger things? Also on the staff listing, Dai Sato was credited for his work on Bebop and Ghost in the Shell when he's more well known for his work on E7. Instead BONES got the notation for that. Kinda weird. I'm guessing that Ueno is going to be helping out on the comedy side.

It's kinda interesting as the staff isn't filled with the usual suspects so far so I'm wondering if this is also BONES trying to develop their own staff a bit.

cajunator

Banned
No, I just fucked up in my phrasing

Good thing the next major panel (Sunrise) isn't for an hour and a half) so I have time to recover from this infinite shame

This is why I swore to stop doing this but then Otakon weekend hit and all my promises to myself just flew out the window, and it resulted in this

Arti dont worry so much dude. Its alright.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

Couple things of note in regards to the staffing of Space Dandy. Natsume is a really interesting pick as he hasn't done much with Watanabe. I'm also hoping that General Director isn't like "Suda directing". It's not exactly common to have that setup, so is Natsume making sure that everything is going smoothly on the production side while Watanabe handles the bigger things?

I suspect "General Director" and "Director" is the equivalent of "Director" and "Assistant Director".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom