• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Send help, slashing my wrists again:

zSodceW.jpg

I thought this was what you wanted.

Kazzy

I don't get it.

Femmeworth is a comically militant poster, once who crusades against anything and everything, as it relates to 'feminism'. It's all just a series of perceived-slights, something which she uses to continually derail discussion.

Apparently this thread is so bad that she can no longer post here, yet she will still refer to us, often. And despite all that, she will probably still see this, *waves*

I miss those contrived one-liners.

Jintor

Nichibros 1

I don't think I've ever seen a funnier first episode of anything. Holy shit.

Every sketch hit like a truck. The final sketch in particular was frankly amazing.

Also, SUGITA MOTHERFUCKING TOMOKAZU!

Narag

Femmeworth is a comically militant poster, once who crusades against anything and everything, as it relates to 'feminism'. It's all just a series of perceived-slights, something which she uses to continually derail discussion.

Apparently this thread is so bad that she can no longer post here, yet she will still refer to us, often. And despite all that, she will probably still see this, *waves*

And the Phoenix Wright gifs.

Dresden

Nichibros 1

Every sketch hit like a truck. The final sketch in particular was frankly amazing.

Man, finishing that show was like saying goodbye to a bro you never knew you had.

Then a month later he came back as a live action movie announcement and the author went back to drawing touhou doujins.

duckroll

I just noticed something really interesting about Watanabe. He has never used the same character designer ever in his different works. Even in his two Animatrix shorts, he used two different designers. I wonder if this is intentional or just something which happens to be the case. Considering how frequently he collaborates with the same writers and composers though, it almost seems like it has to be an intentional touch to set his various works apart from each other.

Macross Plus - Masayuki

Cowboy Bebop - Toshihiro Kawamoto

Detective Story - Naoyuki Onda

Kid's Story - Shinji Hashimoto

Samurai Champloo - Kazuto Nakazawa

Baby Blue - Eiji Abiko

Kids on the Slope - Nobuteru Yuki

Space Dandy - Yoshiyuki Ito

I still don't understand why she hates me.

Novid

Banned

I don't have a problem with Femmeworth personally. But she has to realize that women do the same amount or even greater damage to any sort of women's movement then men do.

rL1dSak.jpg

Why does he seem so familiar....

One Piece 602

Wasn't anything special but it was still cool to see that Apple turn into a Devil Fruit after Smiley turned into gas.

Speaking of which, I'm continued to be amazed at One Piece's padding with how it took 5 minutes alone for Smiley to turn into gas. You know after the traditional 5-6 minute opening and recap.

cnet128

Banned
So, the first images from the Attack on Titan web browser game have come out, and, well...

Wow. Just...wow.

Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou 6

Possibly the best episode of this show so far. It wasn't particularly ambitious or original or anything, but it was nicely executed in its simplicity, and it was nice to see Seira, who up until now has been an irritatingly single-note character, actually get some development.

I still wish this show would actually do something with its story instead of just sticking to one-off monster-of-the-week character-focus episodes, but I'm beginning to accept the show's direction at this point.

NomarTyme

Servant x Service 6 - Another great episode. So far I only character I don't like is the little sister. SxS is the best anime so far for me this summer.

CorvoSol

The few times I've spoken with Femmeworth she's been chill. The only poster I don't like is Orioto, and that's because I was hype as hell about his FF6 picture so I went to see his thread and instead got to see him being a serious prima dona instead.

Prolly a fair shake of people who can say mean things about me, too though. If Femmeworth is reading this, though, let it be known I think she's okay.

That's not Armin.

You keep telling yourself that.

Attack on Titan 18

Another good episode. It's lower budget than the previous one, but all the important scenes are well-animated and we haven't re-entered time crunch hell yet. So far this arc has done a good job of recapturing the sensation of terror and inevitable doom that was so noticeably absent in the latter half of the Trost arc.

Christa is OLEV.
YmirxChrista.jpg

For SDBurton

Go_Ly_Dow

you want your kyoani action anime

fine

have your kyoani action anime

1st PV for Kyokai no Kanata: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEw3RT0dFE

(there's not really much action in this PV though)

looks entertaining. also noticed the chitanda x mio love child....

Help. What the fuck is this garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ybVBHlzaMQ

T_T

BONES IS BACK!

I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself from screencapping this moment in the Space Dandy thread.

iIDCsLZHRqwvs.PNG

Laughing out loud here.

cajunator

Banned

Shes silly and hateful but I found it kinda cute how bent out of shape she got.

Nichibros 1

Yeah this show is completely awesome. Wait for the Literary girl sketches. Oh god.
Also Ringo is adorable and crazy (not unlike the other ringo actually)

So, the first images from the Attack on Titan web browser game have come out, and, well...

Wait...what?

I still don't understand why she hates me.

Because thats what she does. Its what she knows lol.

Woah novid, I didn't recognise you without your normal avatar

I didnt at first. Looks so strange now. The conspiracy theories just dont have the same weight without the avatar.

Narag

Raven Tengu Kabuto: The Golden-Eyed Beast

1992 OVA set in feudal Japan...
Wait, what's this??

As I was saying, this is a 1992 OVA set in alternate reailty feudal Japan. It's directed by Buichi Terasawa (creator of Cobra and Goku: Midnight Eye) which ANN lists as his only directorial credit. Per the usual with this sort of thing, it's some fine manime what with the gratuitious nudity, the paper thin plot that's an excuse for the protagonist to wreck motherfuckers, and the generally heavy focus on action. It's not the best manime nor the best OVA but it deserve credit for feeling like a complete OVA though. No real lingering plot threads to bother a person and the impetus of the protagonist is presented well enough. Basically though a demonsword wielding ninja comes to town to keep an old promise and leaves a bunch of bodies in his wake which is totally acceptable to me!

One thing I'd found weird was I heard sound effects in this that I normally associate with the Dynamic Productions super robot stuff like Shin Getter and Shin Mazinger. I can't recall any other shows that used them so it really stood out.

DruDXl4l.png

When watching this, I had a sense that Kabuto was channeling Batman to a degree. Didn't even notice the design on his shirt which seemed to support this.

CorvoSol

GUYS. RyougaSaotome needs to be online more so I can talk to him about that last volume of FMP! Sigma. I'm full of jitters about it and I need to talk to someone who gets what I'm saying.

Attack on Titan Episode 18: Forest of Giant Trees: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 2
tumblr_mrc2a2ZGxT1reitwwo3_250.gif

The drooling whistle, pleasing us few Jean fans each episode now. For other things at least, the conversation with Armin was a bit compelling just for the sake of hearing Jean and how he relieves his stress and what not. I like how hes around to consistently voice feelings that others are just afraid of at times.

For looks all the sky scenes looked pretty beautiful, kind of made me want to visit a countryside sometime. And on that note whenever they were riding the horses through the environment it would look alright too.

Dont know what will happen next, Levi seems like he may not actually have a plan to tackle that titan and everyone else seems like theyd just be flying to their deaths. Hoping Eren transforms to devestate and destroy her at least. Hes been running for too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom