• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
BQY2mAu.jpg
YacgwEB.jpg

Dog & Scissors 3

Because I forgot to say something about the OP and ED the last two episodes.
Opening: Music is good with a healthy overload of Wan~ Wan~
Ending: Nothing remarkable.

Anyway, goddamn is this show is merciless against the flat chest society. Already knew the Idol girl would easily piss off the Sadist thanks to her abundant bust size.

Masochist editor is a welcome edition to the cast. Would love to have an episode dedicated to only her.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh and I'm sorry for all you plebs who missed the concert. Absolutely fucking amazing.

I know understand why she was Ed's inspiration. That was like my first thought.

She covered the piano with white towels and all the spotlights went out so the stage was dark. She would then play a piece and an image would show up on the piano like this little bird trying to learn how to fly. It's similar in concept to the promo video she did for Otakon but much cooler.

I got middle aisle and was 10 rows from the front with a clear view. Was worth waking up at 4am.

cajunator

Banned
It's only 11:30pm here

That is late enough. go to bed you whippersnapper!

Dog & Scissors 3

Because I forgot to say something about the OP and ED the last two episodes.
Opening: Music is good with a healthy overload of Wan~ Wan~
Ending: Nothing remarkable.

Anyway, goddamn is this show is merciless against the flat chest society. Already knew the Idol girl would easily piss off the Sadist thanks to her abundant bust size.

Masochist editor is a welcome edition to the cast. Would love to have an episode dedicated to only her.

The first picture looks like a poor man's Reine.

Sorry, I never post in here but I saw myself quoted and some discussion about Toonami and anime and wanted to comment.

I've always been a very casual anime fan. Like several people my age, I saw a couple of the old Toonami classics in elementary and middle school (Gundam Wing, G Gundam, DBZ etc) and I liked a lot of it, I was 12, etc. but during my high school years I pretty much ignored anime completely. Not for any specific reason, I just was busy and interested with other things and never got around to it. It wasn't until my undergraduate that a new friend of mine strongly recommended shows like Full Metal Alchemist when I started to watch a couple of shows on my own again - including some of the classics I had missed at the time like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, and I got a bit more interested in anime in general.

But I'm still a very casual fan (I'm doing my graduate work now) and there's a TON I haven't seen that I want to. I'm slowly getting more into anime even more now thanks to this revived Toonami block as well as the fact that I now chat regularly with big anime watchers (talking near daily basis here, including Neogaffers like kayos90 and sometimes cosmicblizzard). I actually started a watch through of the first few episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's a show I already know quite a bit about just by references and discussions that show up from time to time. However, I still find that when I have free time by myself I'd often rather do something else than watch anime by myself. Having a scheduled block of shows once a week (most of which I haven't seen) actually works well for me + having a 'chatroom' available as I watch really adds a lot to the experience for me. I think it helps me stay interested in the shows. It's also fun to interact, rage, cry, and whatever in real-time.. I enjoy the 'live' nature of that thread

But in the end I'm still a very casual fan. One reason why I don't post in this thread is that It feels most of the talk in here about the currently running or more recent anime seasons and I'm still primarily watching the much older stuff I missed a long time ago. I'd feel out of place at this point. Also the fact that I'm still not very familiar with the anime scene, I just feel like I can't contribute or participate well in this thread. I have nothing against anime or fans of it or anything like a few of the comments in here seemed to imply.

Oh yes, and Episode 6 of Deadman Wonderland was special night for sure, haha.

Don't worry, not all of us in here think of toonamigaf as the "well that doesn't count as anime because it's good" crew nor do we think they all completely refuse to look outside of that block for shallow reasons. Even if they do, I don't consider that a reason to be antagonistic toward them. It's a massive medium and there's only so much time in a day, so sticking with "safe" shows that actually air on TV instead of the internet is perfectly fine.

Anyway, don't let the insular feel of this place fool you. Whether you just want to talk about old shows here, in toonamigaf, or not at all, no one will think any less of you. Hell, someone in here doesn't even watch anime but posts about live action stuff.

Syrinx. Watch the Heartcatch movie now

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 121

Naked
Kaorinite

Well Telulu didn't last long. Hoisted by her own Picard. Hotaru nearly took Chibiusa's Heart but managed to stop herself in time because she's in lesbians with her.

Telulu's death though... Thanks to TUXEDO RAMASAMA freeing the pure hearts, the Hyper Plant reacted to it, grabbed her, and then exploded, killing her off. I wondered how they were going to handle the rest of the witches... I guess killing them off asap is how.

jbug617

Banned
Your honestly better off just watching the Robot Chicken and Family Guy SW episodes.

At least those were entertaining.

I have the Family Guy ones on bluray thanks to an Amazon sale.

I don't know why but Star Wars does nothing for me. I like Indiana Jones and BTTF though.

Jarmel

Banned
Thank you very much.

Yes, I am ridiculously jealous of you right now :p

If it makes you feel any better, I thought Chikyuu sounded pretty bad as a piano solo. I didn't even recognize it until just now when I played the normal piece. Sounded way too chaotic.

What was funny was that nobody recognized the star spangled banner until it was like a quarter in. Everybody was then signing together in the hall with a few girls in the back crying.

Jarmel

Banned
Kanno personally sang Gravity but it was overlapped with someone else's vocals but she also sang another song just by herself. She did a lot of improv in that she would stop and go, mostly to have fun with the audience.

Edit:That playlist is missing another song with vocals.

hunter x hunter - 92

An episode that was quite slow but filled with elements that will become crucial later.

But that preview ....
Next week ... next week will be the moment of truth for Gon.

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2092.jpg

This was a schock in the manga but the anime ... the anime....

Hopefully they will treat both parts of the day as a single episode...

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 01

86BrXovl.jpg

It could have been worse. :p

I guess I gotten used to it and it did remind me of some of the plot points of this series that probably has been buried away.

Lots of overreactions and silly movements and pretty much over the top. Lots of kissing too.

It's got so hard to find time to watch animes, posting impression then...

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 18

Koi comes in a lot of different ways.
One less christmas cake on the market.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 19

Animal print underwear...
lol

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 20

Tamaki Reika saw something amazing! YAHOO~.
Hana-chan got a deathwish frog turning wish, she's not going to live long enough to be queen.

===========================================

I'm ready for Space★Dandy, that PV looked all kinds of amazing.

Also in Uchouten 06 I loved
Suzuki Satomi being kidnapped, such a cute country girl, she was.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Your honestly better off just watching the Robot Chicken and Family Guy SW episodes.

At least those were entertaining.

Wow. At the risk of sounding overly harsh, whoever runs the NeoGAF Shitposts twitter account needs to get on this post. Besides the bad comedy of RC/FG, half the jokes in those episodes don't make sense unless you're already versed in SW.

Theonik

I hope y'all are watching Uchouten Kazoku
What's in it for me.
I don't know how the movie was marketed around the time of its release, but the images you get on a simply image search are indeed misleading, to say the least.
Most promo art was centred around the Special Strike Team suits I think and the girl. Playing by strengths and all. I agree it's not necessarily indicative of what the film really is about.
I like to watch things without knowing what they are about though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If anyone can confirm the playlist from Yoko Kanno's concert at Otakon I will be forever in your debt; I've found one Twitter listing that suggests she played the following but I'd be grateful if someone could say for certain so I can seethe with the correct amount of jealousy while listening to the bootleg of her big 2009 concert...

Tank! (duh)
Chikyuu Kyoumei (omg omg chikyuu kyoumei on piano omg I'm in arjuna fanboy heaven)
Gravity
Memory of Fanelia/Aoi Hitomi
The Real Folk Blues
Rakuen
Power Of The Light

Plus the Star Spangled Banner at the end?

fuck why do I have to live in the shitty midwest/have no money to travel aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 122

Down to five episodes.

Forgot the villians name already, but she was killed by having nanomachines eating her alive. KIDS SHOW

This episode had some creep factor in it, considering all the brainworm people were just grey blobs showing no emotion whatsoever, also knowledge vs idealism sticks its head out here.

Professor knows their identities now. Chibiusa still aching for her waifu.

Jarmel

Banned
2nd error on my part in regards to the Kanno playlist. There is a 2nd song missing that is between Tank and Chikyuu. That song played before Innocent Green.

I now remember Chikyuu. I take back my earlier comment. She actually did do a good job with the song. It's like she simulated reverb with the piano somehow. Really cool audio effect.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shaking my head.
Because I haven't seen Star Wars? There were far more important films to watch when I was a kid, like all the James Bond movies. Like I knew one person growing up who cared about Star Wars (said friend I went to see EpII with). No one cares over here.

In Britain it isn't an institution it's a terrible phone ad.

DiGiKerot

If anyone can confirm the playlist from Yoko Kanno's concert at Otakon I will be forever in your debt; I've found one Twitter listing that suggests she played the following but I'd be grateful if someone could say for certain so I can seethe with the correct amount of jealousy while listening to the bootleg of her big 2009 concert...

Tank! (duh)
Chikyuu Kyoumei (omg omg chikyuu kyoumei on piano omg I'm in arjuna fanboy heaven)
Gravity
Memory of Fanelia/Aoi Hitomi
The Real Folk Blues
Rakuen
Power Of The Light

Plus the Star Spangled Banner at the end?

I was sat with another English friend during the concert - that finale was so freaking awkward...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom