• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Attack on Titan - 17

rXoLFzm.jpg
U3LLJhF.png

Awwwww yeah!

This titan is such a badass! For a second I thought
Reiner got bodied. :lol

Is it me, or does that titan look like Annie? Those eyes... calling it now!

cajunator

Banned
Same here. Characters came off a bit flat to me but that's not why I went to see it. The IMAX 3D price was totally worth it.

Same here. the characters seemed pretty cliche and typical of a show like this but ultimately this is a show built to entertain, and it did!

Well, it's crazy to think it's possible to predict such top hits like SnK. No one predicted that Madoka, Bakemonogatari or K-On would be such hits, there is no pattern.

Then again, everybody just knew girls and tanks were the perfect mix of elements.

While it's not really possible to make a guaranteed hit, somebody at Aniplex must be doing something right if they're responsible for producing a large majority of high-selling anime as of recent.

Aniplex has their hand on the pulse of the otakus. Or maybe they just get lucky. Who knows?

Sailor Veniper SuperSilly 155

It's a Minako and Makoto power up episode, where they both compete over the principal (but considering it's in the Domestic territory, Minako can't hope to compete), and quite frankly, it took me time to finish this. This really isn't Minako's best episode, considering she's too active for cock, whereas Makoto is more natural due to her talents. Of course they have their second fall out (which is funny considering how much Usagi and Rei go at each other, and oddly enough, their arguments could literally be transplanted in any episode and it would be the same thing... which is what i think they did).

Anyway, considering the last episode was focused on the Moon family, they went FUCK, bunch these two in together, we have 13 episodes left! I don't think Minako is working as hard as being an idol, considering she barely does it on screen, whereas we're often reminded of Makoto's domestic capabilities quite often (I'd eat some of her food). Of course, they make up to save their friends, and get upgraded Stock footage. And boy, Makoto sure got it. No longer is the underskirt in her previous stock footage covered in shadows (nsfw) but her new stock footage shows everything under there (nsfw). Even the cheeks in their fullest. That's where the budget went. Venus doesn't really get the power upgrades, but that's understandable since Jupiter is the strongest of the inner senshi (or at least physically).

Then again, everybody just knew girls and tanks were the perfect mix of elements.

Well, GuP is maybe a prime example that the publishers calculate with pretty low numbers.

Afterall Bandai shipped over 300k copies of GuP but they had barely more than 10k copies for the first week of the first volume.

cajunator

Banned
Well, GuP is maybe a prime example that the publishers calculate with pretty low numbers.

Afterall Bandai shipped over 300k copies of GuP but they had barely more than 10k copies for the first week of the first volume.

I was kidding. they got lucky with that one too. Its really hard to pin down what the hell otaku are gonna buy.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 6

This was a pretty funny episode. Why do the others have to keep killing Yayoi's superhero stuff? She's ultimately right; magical girls are a kind of superhero. They're heroes with superpowers. They're superheroes. Let her have her fun. Then it was fun when Miyuki brought up a catchphrase, and Akane and Nao are just like, "Why?" But Yayoi really wanted to cause superheroes.

And then Miyuki ended up in Antarctica cause she saw a penguin. I laughed at that.

Smile Precure 4

This was a pretty funny episode. Why do the others have to keep killing Yayoi's superhero stuff? She's ultimately right; magical girls are a kind of superhero. They're heroes with superpowers. They're superheroes. Let her have her fun. Then it was fun when Miyuki brought up a catchphrase, and Akane and Nao are just like, "Why?" But Yayoi really wanted to cause superheroes.

And then Miyuki ended up in Antarctica cause she saw a penguin. I laughed at that.

Wasn't this like episode 6 though?

Attack on Titan - 17

This titan is such a badass! For a second I thought
Reiner got bodied. :lol

Is it me, or does that titan look like Annie? Those eyes... calling it now!

It's not only the blonde hair, it also has the unique nose that only Annie has. So yeah, 90% chance of being her. She also happen to be one of the few named character that isn't in the mission with the rest.

Articalys

Went to bed before MAL got the anison sales up, so here:

New CD Single Sales for August 5-11
*8, 32,374 *32,374 Free! ED "Splash Free"
11, 23,378 *23,378 Choujigen Game Neptune the Animation ED "Neptune☆Sagashite"
15, 18,004 *18,004 Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou OP "träumerei"
16, 16,436 *16,436 Free! Character Song Vol.1 Tachibana Makoto (Suzuki Tatsuhisa) "Mirai e no Stroke"
17, 14,189 *14,189 Free! Character Song Vol.2 Nanase Haruka (Shimazaki Nobunaga) "Ao no Kanata"
19, 10,836 *10,836 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Character Song 3 Maria (Hikasa Youko) "Kort el fes Gungnir"
20, 10,002 *10,002 Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi OP "Birth"
28, *3,911 **3,911 Tamayura: More Aggressive ED "Arigatou"
37, *2,652 **2,652 Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Character Songs 04 Kashii Airi (Hidaka Rina) "Ginger Yell"
41, *2,430 **2,430 Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku OP "Ni-gakki Debut Daisakusen!!"
54, *1,789 **1,789 Onegai Teacher/Twins 10th Anniversary Single "Kaikishinsei -recurrent nova- / Natsukaze Nostalgia"
61, *1,468 **1,468 Teekyuu S2 theme song "Menimeni Manimani"
69, *1,323 **1,323 Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen ED "Alternative"
74, *1,232 **1,232 Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu OP "Shape My Story"
82, *1,165 **1,165 Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu ED "Hajikero! C3-bu!"
89, *1,041 **1,041 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Chara CD.8 Ayukawa Tenri starring Nazuka Kaori "Magic of Happiness"
As usual, full list including older CDs is at the link.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 155

So apparently victim of the week and Chibiusa can't jump a box, so we spend the entire episode training to do so. Even the villain helps our victim first before checking for his mirror cuz why not?

Next episode isn't THAT episode, which means it's probably 158.

16, 16,436 *16,436 Free! Character Song Vol.1 Tachibana Makoto (Suzuki Tatsuhisa) "Mirai e no Stroke"
17, 14,189 *14,189 Free! Character Song Vol.2 Nanase Haruka (Shimazaki Nobunaga) "Ao no Kanata"

How even is Haruka less than Makoto, Ao no Kanata is better than either of Makoto's songs :(

I thought they would do just as well as UtaPri's songs.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote 06

Tomoko didnt have bags under her eyes through a part of the eipsode. Ill forgive it this time.
Dont let it happen again!
Also Ive been awakened in my bed covered in ants before. (little cousin left a popsicle wrapper under the bed) It sucks.
Tomoko is still the most adorable character and I want to hug the hell out of her.

Eh, Nozomi and Coco make a pretty cute couple.

Then again, Nozomi is so adorable that any couple with her in it would be a cute couple by default.
i was under the impression that the fanbase was spilt between those who were ok with the shipping and those who were not.
Personnaly i'm not ok with it. so well now you know...
at least nuts komachi is way more subtle so it was way less annoying for me.

What do you think of lemonade , btw ?

cajunator

Banned
i was under the impression that the fanbase was spilt between those who were ok with the shipping and those who were not.

I just looked nozomi/Coco up and..is that the mascot? Not sure about what to think of that..
Still kinda cute anyway.

I guess in regards to the split, it's either caused by the fact that it led to sinking Yuri ships or the fact that she's being shipped with an animal, on top of it being shoved in your face. All the other pairings are more subtle.

As for Lemonade, she at least gets a cock. Other than that, she's pretty much an advertisement vehicle, who becomes Nozomi-lite with talent after joining forces with her. I don't really think of her that much though.

cajunator

Banned
I guess in regards to the split, it's either caused by the fact that it led to sinking Yuri ships or the fact that she's being shipped with an animal, on top of it being shoved in your face. All the other pairings are more subtle.

As for Lemonade, she at least gets a cock. Other than that, she's pretty much an advertisement vehicle, who becomes Nozomi-lite with talent after joining forces with her. I don't really think of her that much though.

I guess this sort of thinking is why theres so much Wolfrun doujins.

Hm, I oddly expected Free! ED to sell more.

How even is Haruka less than Makoto, Ao no Kanata is better than either of Makoto's songs :(

I thought they would do just as well as UtaPri's songs.

There's more of a voice actor recognition with Makoto's voice actor than Haruka's. Makoto's is the lead singer for OLDCODEX (the band that's doing the OP) while Haruka's is still relatively new and not as well known.

Also Makoto besthusbando etc etc

Sailor Moon SuperSilly

upskirts

Being artistic is suffering.

No one knows who they look like anymore, where even the right picture apparently doesn't look like the person they're painting (in their opinion), basically showing that they think highly of themselves, however, our victim does not want to paint a lie. And unfortunately, that does not change at all, as they're still picky overall. Dude never got money, he's poor, his dream mirror is dirty, and he only recieved thanks from two people in the long run. He only had food in the past 2-3 daysa s well, and it was Usagi's cooking of all things.

Being artistic is suffering.

I just looked nozomi/Coco up and..is that the mascot? Not sure about what to think of that..
Still kinda cute anyway.
Confused ? and you haven't even seen it in motion yet.
at least it's the human side that make nozomi tingle.

She fail at being an advertisemnt vehicule.i honnestly can't recall any good episode when she was featured in the first season.

I guess this sort of thinking is why theres so much Wolfrun doujins.
Ah ah ah that's a nasty remark
God damn it
Rofl...

Did anyone post this?
Record of Lodoss War OVA Bluray announced!
Looks pretty stellar. Finally a master that doesn't look like ass.

What do you mean "PREORDER THis" ?

Sorry guys , there is an angel & a devil me floating above my head that are saying that i must get this at any cost .

My hands are moving on their own.....

---------------
The world god only knows Godess arc - 06

Well they stripped a scene ( again ) but other than that it was a great episode.

The%20World%20God%20Only%20Knows%20-%20Goddesses%20Arc%20-%2006.jpg

Well your flaw is that you are too open.

Anyway great episode , but starting next week , we're gonna have the part that they are changing for the anime. NOt happy by that but who knows ? it can be good.

She fail at being an advertisemnt vehicule.i honnestly can't recall any good episode when she was featured in the first season.

Ah ah ah that's a nasty remark

Rofl...

Yeah that is true. She just doesn't... stand out very well in the first season, even with her abilities.

siiiiiigh.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 157

SuperSilly just keeps piling on the weight here!

Chibiusa and Pegasus has a falling out while dealing with the new Wright bros, one who didn't want to except help until the box victim decided to go "HEY, STOP BEING A SHIT, LET ME TEACH YOU SUM HISTORY YO". You Gotta BELIEEEVE!

Chibiusa gets a taste of her own medicine though once she realized she can't tell Usagi everything, considering that's what the Pegasus also told her (but come on, we're like 9 episodes away from the ending.)

Speaking of which, next episode is THAT episode.

Jex

So I guess I'll have to get around to checking out the Blue Exorcist movie, which I had considered doing for some time on the strength of the art direction alone.

Sailor Moon SuperSexyUsa 158

Interestingly, this episode seems to have a lighter tone for coloring/lighting the start. On top of that we have plot and developments between Chibiusa and our fair Pedogasus.

Chibiusa wanted to be an adult, to experience what she can't experience as a kid, since she's jealous that she can't get into her father like Usagi is, on top of other perks of being tall. Her wish was granted, but through magic from the enemy changing her proportions with Usagi (and attained bonus features). However, it prevented her from calling Pegasus, as evidented with the sky decaying during the stock footage, implying that she has been tainted.

Don't know why they bother to give Usagi a dotted nipple (nsfw)

Chibiusa desperately wants to see Pegasus, to see what he thinks of her now (too old jk), and tells her that the magic has blocked her vision from her real dreams, and it's driving them apart. However, he finally shares about himself to Chibiusa
Telling her that his name his Helios, what happened to his homeworld, on top of why they want his horn
. She ultimately did not want to be an adult and wanted him to stay at her side, the desires ultimately disables the magic, and the two share a passionate kiss (in her dreams).

There was a bit in where she touches a horse, but it crumbles, and gives her fear of touching Pegasus briefly. I think I initially understood the context behind it, but sadly forgot, possibly implying that the magic that made her age is what caused his homeworld to be destroyed, or that horses don't like the impure, but it does make use of its visuals to drive the point home.

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 7

The ghost of Nobunaga appears to hang with Kanetsugu and Keiji? So badass. I love how the story is framed too via the reminiscing of old friends under the moonlight. I wonder if that's Imagawa's influence since he has script/series composition duties. Good ep.

Cross-posting my Otakon pickups from K-ON GAF just for the heck of it:

The Aniplex booth ended up getting most of my money because I'm weak and stuff. All of the Madoka was a semi-impulse buy; I was intending to get it at some point but it wasn't necessarily on my dealer's room agenda.

I'm looking forward to all of the watching/reading, though right now I'm getting caught up on Attack on Titan after seeing the first two episodes at Otakon. Up through episode 9 so far. I'm pretty much hooked even with some inconsistent pacing.

Jex

The Aniplex booth ended up getting most of my money because I'm weak and stuff. All of the Madoka was a semi-impulse buy; I was intending to get it at some point but it wasn't necessarily on my dealer's room agenda.

I'm looking forward to all of the watching/reading, though right now I'm getting caught up on Attack on Titan after seeing the first two episodes at Otakon. Up through episode 9 so far. I'm pretty much hooked even with some inconsistent pacing.

You're generous in more than one sense but I assume marathoning the show alleviates some of the treacle like pacing that occurs in the Trost-arc.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 159

Obviously it's the one that's hung like a horse.

Even Ami thinks so!

This episode feels like it plays directly off the last one, starting off with a scene that would probably fit well in a Disney movie (but would have a higher budget). A music video where the Pedogasus and Chibiusa bonds even more. And Usagi keeps hearing voices in Chibi's room. And thus causes the big misunderstanding episode, trying to figure out what's going on. Makoto mentioning upperclassman twice made Rei drool out her coffee, wondering why she keeps jumping to that conclusion. She even DRINKS IT AGAIN, that's pretty gross. I didn't know girls backwash. After giving details about his features, they think of a male Sarah Jessica Parker.... AND WE GOT ONE! Score 2 for SJP jokes.

How much do they charge for anime at cons, full price?

You're generous in more than one sense but I assume marathoning the show alleviates some of the treacle like pacing that occurs in the Trost-arc.

I did think about that when watching. I would probably be more annoyed if I had been watching from the beginning, especially during the Trost arc as you say. Even then I think my desire to explore more of the series' mythos would have kept me from dropping it.

CorvoSol

I don't remember now, but episode 9 is just the beginning of the Trost arc, isn't it? Things dip for the next 3 episodes before they begin to try and pick up again. Really, if that latter part of Trost had never happened, I think I wouldn't notice any of the problems the show still has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom