• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you find the time for this?

It took me 3 whole months to watch SM episode 1-200, and als PGSM.

Finding time for me is pretty easy. It's making sure nothing interferes is the problem.

PGSM.... I don't think I can rush that one. It might be too much at once for me to handle. Too fabulous.

As for 3 months to watch Sailor Moon, I feel kinda sad now... considering I managed Precure (close to 500 episodes right now) in a span of 2 months.

Although.... I think in regards to One Piece, that was probably my fastest, or at least watching the dub. I think I did 205 episodes in about 2 weeks because I had nothing better to do? Or was it two weeks split between the dub and the manga. Eh don't remember.

Senyuu. 20

iTNQbgZeWQqPR.jpg

Just click Alba!

CorvoSol

Is it about time again for the "what's the most anime you've marathoned at once" comparison?

I think mine is still all of E7 in about one and a half days.

I don't know that they were long, but I marathon'd the last ten-to-five episodes of SAO, AGE, and 00 S2, and all three certainly felt like they lasted forever.

Highschool DxD S2 - 6

I don't understand the difference between demons and fallen angels. Wouldn't they both be the same, or at least be allied?
Dxd uses a different structure than regular stories.
Angels, fallen-angels, demon are using the same pool of ressources ( humans ) but live in their own realms even if for the fallen angel it was a place they created themselves.
They are 3 opposing factions that were competiting for the same ressource ( humans ) and thus were at war for god know how long untill peace came because of the event that was told in the current episode.

During the war the reasoning was :
Angels did not trust the fallen angels because they fell and thus strayed from the "path of god", angels didn't trust devils because their god are total opposites.
Fallen angels thought they were superior to angels because they discovered many new things including lust and so on.They fought. Devils saw fallen angels as beings that were taking their ressources ( humans ) , not to mention that they were once angels.. Hard to trust them especially since most devils at the time were having a "noble" attitude ( pure blood, appearances, "i'm superior" ).
Also , Devils were opposed to god teachings.
They basicly grew so big and influent that they went to war , mercilessly crushing the little factions that weren't them but they were too big and couldn't be annihilated by the 2 others.
Think of them as sony, nintendo , microsoft ...

To be fair, I was pretty slow to begin with, and only sped up when I was approaching the end of a season. Bad seasons just make me use my fullburst

The truth is out !! Kirby guy , manages to watch so many sailor moon episodes in a row because of "brain burst"!
How does it feel to have a neuro linker ?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 183
Robocop allusions last episode, and now Friday 13th. I wonder what else is left in the gamut of eighties/nineties movies that SM will pay homage to.

Also, I miss nineties' fashion.
It took me a while to figure it out, but those costumes are basically Hurricane Polymar in various colours, minus the horns.
Oh yeah I forgot to celebrate DTL yesterday. Happy belated birthday DTL!

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 02
Narag told me it could become more "miss" than "hit" and he was right , this episode started greatly , ended properly but had that "miss" moment where i wasn't happy by the way things were unfolding.

Is it about time again for the "what's the most anime you've marathoned at once" comparison?

I think mine is still all of E7 in about one and a half days.

I took my time with Gurren Lagann and watched about one episode a day. Then I saw episode 8. I then watched episodes 9 to 27 the next day.

Not exactly the healthiest decision I've made in my life.

jbug617

Banned
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 02
Narag told me it could become more "miss" than "hit" and he was right , this episode started greatly , ended properly but had that "miss" moment where i wasn't happy by the way things were unfolding.

The novelty of the MC being a dog carried me for a couple of episodes. It's a fun watch

Senyu 20

Very entertaining episode, looking forward to the fight next week

Sunday without god 4

City of the dead has some fantastic visuals, seems like the intrigue and mystery is only getting better and better.

Mature

Finding time for me is pretty easy. It's making sure nothing interferes is the problem.

PGSM.... I don't think I can rush that one. It might be too much at once for me to handle. Too fabulous.

As for 3 months to watch Sailor Moon, I feel kinda sad now... considering I managed Precure (close to 500 episodes right now) in a span of 2 months.

Although.... I think in regards to One Piece, that was probably my fastest, or at least watching the dub. I think I did 205 episodes in about 2 weeks because I had nothing better to do? Or was it two weeks split between the dub and the manga. Eh don't remember.
I feel like if I did any of those things, I'd end up just not remember most of it and it'd be a waste.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 13

Hey, they actually did the math instead of scribbling a bunch of lines on a piece of paper. Attention to detail, yo. Still though, who can't do this? Get it together, Doremi and Ai. Still, Ai saw what was coming, so she deserves credit for that.

Not enough octopus x squid action.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 - 18

It's another reporter-girl episode! Today she's writing an article about Karen's personal life, since everybody wants to know more about the beloved ojousama Student Council president. So it's time for a visit to Karen's housemansion to see how she spends her time at home.

Of course the other four Cures can't resist secretly tagging along, and end up irritating Karen to no end by distracting her at every turn. (Those butler disguises were quite something, though!)

And then Arachnea shows up to take reporter-girl hostage. Again. I guess after her little pirate escapade she decided being imaginative wasn't worth it, and opted to start revisiting old plans she'd already tried instead. Now, you see, Arachnea, sticking to tried-and-tested plans is all very well, but "tried and tested" tends to imply that they succeeded the first time around. Reusing plans that already failed is not the greatest idea you've ever had.

This time, reporter-girl actually gets a remarkably good photo of the Cures in action (it's particularly good considering she was missing her glasses and thus could barely see a thing when she took it). But thanks to a reminder from Cafe Lady, she realises it wouldn't be very polite or professional to publish a photo of them without getting their permission, so she doesn't put it in the newspaper. Whew, crisis averted - and we didn't even need Nuts' help this time!

Jarmel

Banned
Kiki's Delivery Service-

The cat is the best thing about this. I really enjoyed Jiji's animation and the flying animation in general. They put a lot of effort into portraying a sense of speed. I wasn't particularly wow'd by the art direction but it was fine I guess. Soundtrack was serviceable but that's it.

That said...

That ending is contrived as fuck. I very much enjoyed the movie until Kiki's powers fail. Of course she regains them just in time to save her friend. I started to groan at how predictable all of it was.

Haven't watched Kiki yet, but that post makes it sound like Ponyo all over again.

Kiki's Delivery Service is a much better film than Ponyo. For starters, the characters are actually interesting. It's also a fairly consistent film and actually manages to be interesting, unlike Ponyo.

It might not be Miyazaki's greatest film, but it's certainly a very good one.

Jarmel

Banned
I'll be frank, the problem with a lot of the Ghibli films for me is that they're not that interesting. They play things way too safe even if the animation and direction is topnotch. They feel like kid's films. Obviously this doesn't apply to them all such as Grave of the Fireflies or Pom Poko but so much of it is just fluff.

Syrinx

Combination of End of Spring Break High and being addicted to Precure at the time which was bad because I was moving faster than I was planning.

I have never blazed through anything that fast in my life, much less a show that everybody who's watched it agrees is a mega-turd.

cajunator

Banned
Dog Days S1 and like 20 episodes of Saki maybe? All of those shows I marathoned last year when I briefly had no internet sort of meld together and include:

(Previously mentioned Dog Days and Saki)
Azumanga Daioh
Mayoi Neko Overrun (that Saki parody was better than the last few Saki episodes and all of Side-A)
Kure-nai
Kuragehime

Those were a hellish couple of days.

Doesnt seem that bad aside from Mayoi neko Overrun.

I think you mean and yet you didn't finish Cardcaptor Sakura.

Besides, this thought happened a while ago when I definitely had more time to use. Can't do that anytime soon.

Dude. Drop everything and finish Cardcaptor Sakura!!

Thats no excuse!

I was explaining how I did it

I have never blazed through anything that fast in my life, much less a show that everybody who's watched it agrees is a mega-turd.

To be fair in my case, despite popping in here every now and again before fully posting in the new animegaf thread that started a day after I turned 22, I never got a full explaination on why Max Heart was awful. All I knew was, only watch if you liked the first season, but that's about it. Nothing explained to me why Max Heart was just so bad, so there was very little to stop me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The longest anime marathon I've done in my life was probably watching the first twenty episodes of Digimon Adventure back in like 2000 when Fox Kids had them going back to back for New Year's or something.

Doesnt seem that bad aside from Mayoi neko Overrun.

Even you don't enjoy MNO? I should probably evaluate my life a bit.

The longest anime marathon I've done in my life was probably watching the first twenty episodes of Digimon Adventure back in like 2000 when Fox Kids had them going back to back for New Year's or something.

I think there was like some voting thing every so often where people voted which season to marathon. Though it's been more than a decade so I'm a little fuzzy.

I think the longest marathons I ever did were when I would have a friend over and the two of us would marathon stuff. I recall one night marathoning through all of the Arabasta arc of One Piece (I'd already seen it) from that evening through the next morning. We did Skypiea another time, too.

Also later watched through all of Nadesico in a couple of days with that same friend. It was probably my tenth time through the series, but his first. It was great to live vicariously through his reactions.

I'll be frank, the problem with a lot of the Ghibli films for me is that they're not that interesting. They play things way too safe even if the animation and direction is topnotch. They feel like kid's films. Obviously this doesn't apply to them all such as Grave of the Fireflies or Pom Poko but so much of it is just fluff.

Most Ghibli films are kids' films. That doesn't make them bad. Simplicity is not a vice.

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 04

I'm honnestly confused at what this anime wants to do but i'm still watching .

Inu%20to%20Hasami%20wa%20Tsukaiyou%20-%2004.jpg

is that moe ?? drolling moe ??

what 's the heck is going on with the characters ??? i'm so confused right now

cajunator

Banned
I took my time with Gurren Lagann and watched about one episode a day. Then I saw episode 8. I then watched episodes 9 to 27 the next day.

Not exactly the healthiest decision I've made in my life.

Yeah this is similar to how I did it. The show caught my attention and just didnt let go.

Venus is the hottest. Jupiter is the waifuest. Mars is the sexiest.

All of the above are true.

Okay, from what I heard here, this is one of the all time greats of anime so I hope I won't be disappointed here.

Eureka 7 - 1

OP sounds really nice. That's to be expected though, as it's the same guys who did the Code Geass opening.

I don't know why, but something tells me life sucks in that city for this kid.

Hmmm, has no dreams, was told to believe in himself, I give this main character until the end of the series before he busts through the heavens with his compact drive or something.

So the mechs in this show can surf in the air and can transform into F-1 race cars. Neat. But I have to say those are some pretty awesome designs for them. They remind me of Chamber from Gargantia for some reason.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 - 19

This episode was Lemonade-flavoured. We get to meet Urara's overbearing father and grandfather, and witness lots of Urara's general cuteness. (Particularly in the flashbacks to when she was a kid - cuteness overload!) She also got a pretty cool moment when she landed a beautiful somersault directly in front of mantis-man and gave him a PRECURE LEMONADE FLASH in the face at point-blank range. Urara-chan sutekiiiiiii~!

Also, dead parent drama. But thankfully not too much of that. Just Urara
trying to make curry for her family following her late mother's recipe

Most institutional language instruction is painfully slow like this, which, along with motivational issues and lack of a proper environment for language learning, helps to explain why so many people will simply forget most of what they learn about a second language in school. Those learning English as a second language have somewhat of an advantage in this arena given its general omnipresence and the vast array of learning tools available.

My high school offered - but did not require - French, German, and Spanish (with English-as-first-language instruction) and I aced two years of German without effort & without any of it actually sticking, mostly because I've never actually lived in a German-speaking area nor needed/wanted to use it for any other reason.

I made the same thing with Spanish, studied it for three years without any problems, then when I finished it I forgot everything because I didn't have any reason to use it.
Lots of peple dropping Spanish in Animegaf.

Ojamajo Doremi 13

Not enough octopus x squid action.

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of octopus x squid action.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 04

I'm honnestly confused at what this anime wants to do but i'm still watching .

what 's the heck is going on with the characters ??? i'm so confused right now

She's the psycho lesbian of the show. Like I said, this show is made for SDBurton. lol

Yes! Precure 5 - 19

This episode was Lemonade-flavoured. We get to meet Urara's overbearing father and grandfather, and witness lots of Urara's general cuteness. (Particularly in the flashbacks to when she was a kid - cuteness overload!) She also got a pretty cool moment when she landed a beautiful somersault directly in front of mantis-man and gave him a PRECURE LEMONADE FLASH in the face at point-blank range. Urara-chan sutekiiiiiii~!

Also, dead parent drama. But thankfully not too much of that. Just Urara
trying to make curry for her family following her late mother's recipe

I wish family drama mattered more in Precure. I can only think of one (or two to a limited extent) that plays with it more than the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom