• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
C3-Bu - 05

yJNvQUt.jpg
mYhkcX3.png

New ship located!

Beach battle! Need I say more?

Green haired girl has some serious :chet going on. Goddamn!

==================================

If all is right in the world, we'll get some Mikasa x Annie doujins at this Comiket. Would be even better if we got Ymir x Krista. #CrossesFingers

Articalys

so do you people actually want an anonymous animegaf confessions blog or not

I probably can't make it look as nice as that AoT one but I can add relevant (SFW) pictures to any submissions

Forgot to specify but no. Rikka. I think nearly all of the C84 stuff will be more focused on Doki Doki Precure, which is nice because there needs to be more Regina stuff out there (that and Gambler Club has another one coming out). I kinda with they didn't go for larger breasts though for a lot of characters.

Jarmel

Banned
So I didn't see anyone post the Kyoukai no Kanata scans.

lgG9o5Fl.jpg

B00Pj5fl.jpg

The color seems off in the second scan. I'm not sure if that is because of a scanning problem or KyoAni has decided to imitate GoHands.

Shergal

Seems like some magical weird shit is coming from below in that second Kyokai scan.

The colours won't be all filtered and weird in the show, if the PV is anything to go by.

Articalys

Speaking of scans for upcoming shows, here's a couple for Strike the Blood:

SpuiEDH.jpg

cfhp54Y.jpg

Along with an absolutely adorable one for the still-airing Kiniro Mosaic:

9QSy5z4.jpg

Looks like you had most of the same issues I had with the film. It tries too hard to be something which doesn't really justify that direction, and it starts to make little sense. I think there's a lot to think about in terms of themes, but ultimately they don't make the film better because it still illogical and dumb. I really wish that Kamiyama made the entire show an action thriller instead, with a political conclusion, and more set pieces using all the members of the team. The best thing about the movie is without a doubt the soundtrack. Best thing from Kawai in ages. <3

It's frustrating because you can see how easily the film could have been fun and satisfying if it just hadn't taken so much baggage on itself. Themes are fine, I like themes, but they have to make either intellectual or artistic sense.

Seems like some magical weird shit is coming from below in that second Kyokai scan.

Looks like piss.

Jex

Anne of Green Gables - End
It's over. ;____;
The final episode was as fantastic as the whole show, I still can't believe I reached the end and I'll not be seeing any more of these characters.

I don't think I've been as emotionally involved in a show since... actually I can't think of anything else right now. So engrossing.

Well, anime goes on, but Anne was very special. I believe I will be revisiting the show many times down the road. Takahata, you are the best. I'm glad we will be able to receive a grand parting gift from you this Fall (or next year, whatever) ;__;

That show man. That show. So god damn good.

On the plus side there are other excellent Takahata shows to enjoy, even if they aren't as excellent as Anne of Green Gables.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu/Stella Women&#8217;s Academy, High School Division Class C3 Episode 7: Right, so we begin the big arc they have been hinting at throughout the series with, well, okay, can we Yura and Sonora an official couple yet, because if they aren't, well, we are at the 100 percent pure, distilled liquid les yay at this point and I don't know who they think they are fooling. Anyway, after buying some supplies they are ambushed by a mystery sniper using an illegally modified gun of airsoft.
My bet right now that it was the KGB Team Sniper that pulled the trigger, Rin is just too damn obvious.
After a misguided attempt at attacking the sniper ends with Sonora heading to the hospital, Yura is despondent with guilt sets in motion a plan to make the Stella team into a clockwork attuned unit that will seek victory in the tournament. I guess I am suppose to side with Sonora and Karila and see that Yura is taking this too seriously.
Okay, first of all Sonora started this when she decided to get all huffy about Yura surrendering a few episodes back. She basically created this monster and it is too late to say, take it casual, just have fun.
Anyway, that aside, I think the situation calls for some seriousness when you are in the biggest tournament of your particular sphere up against the elites; it is not just a weekend getaway to the beach. Also good to keep in mind that somebody crossed some lines and there are grudges against Stella. Anyway, we get to meet the other teams of weirdos before the expected altercation with the main rival.
Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the reality warping powers and how they will play out here, seriously they could end up in the Battle of Guadalcanal for all we know.
Oh yes, is is safe to call Rin the jilted Ex at this point, because she certainly acts like it.

So I didn't see anyone post the Kyoukai no Kanata scans.

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lgG9o5Fl.jpg[/IMG]

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/B00Pj5fl.jpg[/IMG]

The color seems off in the second scan. I'm not sure if that is because of a scanning problem or KyoAni has decided to imitate GoHands.

I do want to see how KyoAni works with color in this series.

Speaking of scans for upcoming shows, here's a couple for Strike the Blood:

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SpuiEDH.jpg[/IMG]

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cfhp54Y.jpg[/IMG]

This is a weird shade of blue for a main character's hair color.

Pooya

Articalys

So are we still looking for a way to easily categorize initial series impressions or did we figure that out already? I remember some discussion about that a while ago.

CorvoSol

But Armin isn't a girl…

I know, I'm just having fun with the fact that I (and I think at least one other) saw that game picture and thought the lady was Armin. And joking that Eren is a girl because the uniforms in AoT have that weird miniskirt on 'em.

Armin's Arman

If he can't do it no one can?

Theres that one infamous crack pairings post of his...

That post was hilarious.

Megas XLR 211

Schoolgirl the Defiler comes to the planet Earth, and, like the Mexican Unicron that she is, fails miserably to do any significant damage. Multiple short jokes are launched by Coop as he battles the miniscule foe for control of a Universal TV remote. Also seen in this episode: Jaime has a fantasy about being a hentai tentacle rape monster! Goat spends the entire episode trapped and forgotten in Megas' trunk. Coop levels Jersey with explosions visible from space, fails to get the remote and
had never even put a tape in the VCR.

Articalys

Didnt Nafe or Kazzy or somebody keep a list of OT threads?
Well, I actually found that from when we were trying to talk about it before.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53146221&postcount=8503

I was just wondering if that was the best way to do it, because after the tumblr thing a bit ago I was thinking about how tumblr lets you tag every post and stuff, and how that would make it easier to search a bunch of posts by series all from one place. But if an OT of OT's or whatever works better for most people, then that's that.

Aizo

Banned
The Laws of Eternity
I've started my journey to the Ninth Dimension. I'm feeling enlightened already.
Originally posted by Envelope
S9Le7.jpg

"Hisler"
the-laws-of-eternity-hitler-460x254.jpg
That was quite the ride. How much insanity can I expect in the next installments?

cajunator

Banned
Well, I actually found that from when we were trying to talk about it before.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53146221&postcount=8503

I was just wondering if that was the best way to do it, because after the tumblr thing a bit ago I was thinking about how tumblr lets you tag every post and stuff, and how that would make it easier to search a bunch of posts by series all from one place. But if an OT of OT's or whatever works better for most people, then that's that.

Thanks. So it was Nife. Figured as such.

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 20

So I guess that Keith got married off screen and Loran didn't even go or anything. That or the term "in-law" is used more loosely than I'm interpreting it in this context. Anyway, Loran helps an old lady defend her farm, and in the meantime, Diana Soreil, Queen of the Moon, sees first hand the very personal effects her efforts to come to Earth are having on the people already living there. Although she didn't really start a war, it isn't unfair to say that she and her people bear a part of the responsibility for it.

The question of "what is life like on the Moon, that people want to leave it behind so desperately?" is posed again, which reminds me again of Teteth's statement that "not everyone does want to leave the Moon." We haven't seen Lunarian life yet, though, so no real telling.

For an MS that looks and occasionally moves like it hasn't got much mobility, the Gundam has some surprising agility in this episode, jumping onto the head of a FLAT and pointing the beam saber right at its skull. Meanwhile, the Kapool continues to be the most hilariously useless MS ever invented. Yes, even weaker than a
Zaku
Borjarnon.

wonzo

Banned
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNASDD150K8_V10C13A8TJ1000/
http://anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/moeplus/1376605098/

Aplix, parent company of AIC, is planning changes in their anime production process to cut the production period to 3 months, one third of the normal period, and the production costs to 1000000 yen, a fraction of the current cost.
They intend to do this by centralizing all of the production, including after recording and distribution, to their company, and assigning groups of around 3 animators for a specifc character's animation, instead of the current system of assigning individual animators by cut.
They expect this lowered cost will convince companies to advertise through anime.
A 13 episode TV series created under this system is planned to begin airing by september.

anime is dead for reals

CorvoSol

Dai-Guard 12

So, in Dai-Guard's darkest hour, as the double Heterodyne-Kokubogar nightmare grows unstoppable, Akagi is up and on his feet, evacuates a hospital, meets Aoyama's mom, saves small children, swoops into the Dai-Guard, picks up the secret weapon, blows the Heterodyne up and saves the trapped pilot of the Kokubogar (and indeed most of the Kokubogar itself). The trio's problems resolved, the entire city applauds them as the heroes they are and all is well that ends well, right?

Well, not entirely. It sounds very much so like Shirota, who by all accounts is a hero and made this entire thing possible and delayed the Heterodyne until Akagi could show up, call himself the main character and save the day, saving lives in the process, is now probably out of a job, if not facing a court-martial for disobeying numerous military orders to do it. And also the CEO of Dai-Guard's company is under attack from members of the board of chairs, who are plotting his overthrow because, as all science fiction has taught me, bureaucrats are spiteful, nasty people who will do anything to get the slightest of relative gains.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Megas XLR 211

Schoolgirl the Defiler comes to the planet Earth, and, like the Mexican Unicron that she is, fails miserably to do any significant damage. Multiple short jokes are launched by Coop as he battles the miniscule foe for control of a Universal TV remote. Also seen in this episode: Jaime has a fantasy about being a hentai tentacle rape monster! Goat spends the entire episode trapped and forgotten in Megas' trunk. Coop levels Jersey with explosions visible from space, fails to get the remote and
had never even put a tape in the VCR.

There are only two more episodes left. Get ready for my favorite two in the series
and then fall into despair.

Theonik

Good GIF.

Umakoshi?! Sold.
He did character designs, storyboards and some key animation for it too. The Umakoshi artbook includes some of the later 2 but most of them is from season 2 from what I undestand, which has no subtitles at this time. (will have to do some research after I finish with it to see exactly which he did.)

It's okay I drove it away by putting on some Christmas music.
The SM Christmas albums are masterpieces.

What the fuck is wrong with these p...

OK I'll admit that would be pretty hot. Though Eren is the most boring part of it.

I don't think it would be that exciting since a lot of posters here have no shame as it is.
You think, but I don't think you are really considering the things people still refrain from posting.

Pastebin shall ensure it exists in an immaculate and untouched state for as long as the domain remains.
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

The easiest way is separate OT's for popular shows.
But then you run into the problem that some people don't want to post in those OTs so you miss a lot of impressions.

Turn A Gundam 20
I'm surprised you didn't mention the
space hippies

Holy shit. RIP Strike Witches.
Lead Lucchini butt animator credit for season 3 plz.

CorvoSol

There are only two more episodes left. Get ready for my favorite two in the series

Studio BONES to release a Megas sequel in 2017, issuing in a second age of mecha supremacy. BELIEVE.

Story to see Coop become cool, hook up with Kiva, lose weight, and for the Glorft to be revealed as a benevolent race trying to help the Earthlings defend against fast food. PoPTV to hire Jaime as a new pilot and make him travel through time. All of this to happen in the last two episodes, the bulk of the show focusing instead on Coop's son from the past, Goat, and a white-haired pretty boy with magic powers played entirely and completely straight.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the
space hippies

OH DAMMIT ALL. I can't believe I forgot to mention that in my review!

wonzo

Banned
But then you run into the problem that some people don't want to post in those OTs so you miss a lot of impressions.
They need to build a bridge over their weird posting complex and just do it.

He did character designs, storyboards and some key animation for it too. The Umakoshi artbook includes some of the later 2 but most of them is from season 2 from what I undestand, which has no subtitles at this time. (will have to do some research after I finish with it to see exactly which he did.)
That's a shame about season two. :(

Theonik

Those 2 episodes rocked. Corvo is in for a treat.

OH DAMMIT ALL. I can't believe I forgot to mention that in my review!
It's the most important part.

They need to build a bridge over their weird posting complex and just do it.
But cross-posting is hard. And feels pointless. Also OTs smell. :(

That's a shame about season two. :(
We should get it eventually. It's only 8 episodes worth of content after all and Season 1 only got subbed recently.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5
78aD4v6.gif

this whole episode reminded me of why i loved the whole series so much, plus the ending was really great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom