• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of scans for upcoming shows, here's a couple for Strike the Blood:

SpuiEDH.jpg

cfhp54Y.jpg
Mixed feelings about this one, cool design, but the plot...I hope he's another Touma (index) please.

R.I.P

Silver Spoon 6

My favorite episode so far, the jokes imo flowed much better compared to some of the earlier episodes
The ending scene with the bear being especially hilarious.

Manga spoilers:
The batting scene with Komaba was kinda sad when you know what happens to him and his family later on :(

cnet128

Banned
Love Lab 7

Well, this episode gave me all the flashbacks to Futari wa Precure. The dynamic between Riko, Ren and Maki is basically identical to the Nagisa-Ryouta-Honoka dynamic. It worked beautifully as a source of humour here, though. More evidence that the existence of actual boys only improves this show.

Poor Dakki, though. As if it wasn't bad enough that he's getting his Lone Male position in the show stolen away, Riko is tormenting him with physical violence and locking him in closets. His suffering never ends.

Caesnd

Can anyone recommend some anime/manga series audio dramas of quality? I really liked the short Evangelion skit where they were trying to come up with new ideas due to the series being extended, resorting to tokusatsu imitations and making a sound only episode etc (I'm not necessarily looking just for humor though).

Defuser

Servant x Service ep 7

Jebus Ichimiya, how spineless can you get?

oh my gawd a Free parody endcard. This show is shaping up to be awesome as the episodes go by just like Working!!

cnet128

Banned
Servant x Service 7

Chihaya is awesome. Hasebe is awesome. Lucy is awesome. Hasebe's "friend" is awesome. I think basically everyone in this show is awesome.

I love this show so much.

Articalys

So one of the things that Production I.G has some time for is helping contribute to animated PVs for trading card games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ei0U5IIrZs
Anime studios Production I.G and Point Pictures produced a two-minute promotional video for Ange Vierge, the new trading card game franchise from light novel publishers Fujimi Shobo and Media Factory. The video features the theme song "Tears Breaker" from Konomi Suzuki.

The story of the card game follows what happens when "Hairō" portals suddenly open, fusing three different worlds together. As a result, various mysterious "Exceed" powers are awakened in teenaged girls. An academy for these so-called "Progress" girls is built on the isolated Seiran Island in the Pacific.

The game was first announced at an unveiling in Tokyo's Akihabara district in June. There are plans to expand the franchise with light novels, manga, and smartphone games.
Nice to see they've got a variety of illustrators working on the character designs, at least.

Tenumi

Banned
Finally taking some time out to catch up on DokiDoki Precure.

...Hey, I stopped right before the
Cure Sebastian
episode!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura More Aggressive 7
RIA9j0kl.jpg

Tadaima!

This really has been the season of Fu, going back stories told in the original OVA by having her rediscover everything her father had done. And it works because they took the time last season to let that fall into the background and not overwhelming you with father-stories.

Also, I have to believe that this is an Aria reference:
EmzrgB4l.jpg

SsOvug6l.jpg

New Aria season please!

Mr.Jeff

Yunocchi has arrived!
Damn, now you've reminded me about the Miyako nendo.

New Aria season please!
Well they did skip out a few chapters and I guess there's always the Aqua pre-series but considering the VA for Athena and the singer for Athena both died, I seriously doubt we'll ever get anymore.

I'd be full steam ahead for Amanchu though! or even a second series of Sketchbook...

Edit: Icarus - the white cat in the first picture bears a resemblance to Hime and the hat in the second is pretty close to President Aria's.

cajunator

Banned
I find the revelation that Denny's has an official twitter to be somehow the funniest part of this. Like, I imagine the tweets being like "2am at Ft Collins downtown loc, brawl between 3homeless men ensued as woman quietly cried in corner over eggs&hash" so I can't bring myself to actually click that link & be disappointed.

Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

I guess cause its a cat by a canal?
Not really seein it either.

Tenumi

Banned
DokiDoki Precure Catchup! (24 - 28)

So... Our fifth Precure has a weakness.
Her power only holds for five minutes
. Perfectly fine with that. Other than that and some more details about Cure Ace, doesn't appear that I missed much.

Episode 29, however, looks like it should be a fun one.

-----------------------------------------------

On a side note, I was originally planning on watching some stuff last night, but that plan went away when I started watching some NFL Preseason Football. Hung out with the NFLGaf people, and... well, I'm not doing that again. Makes me appreciate the civility of AnimeGaf all the more.

cajunator

Banned
Mandrake is scary to visit. So much stuff!

Yeah. but all those sites are dangerous >_
Hobby Search is my weakness.

DokiDoki Precure Catchup! (24 - 28)

So... Our fifth Precure has a weakness.
Her power only holds for five minutes
. Perfectly fine with that. Other than that and some more details about Cure Ace, doesn't appear that I missed much.

Episode 29, however, looks like it should be a fun one.

-----------------------------------------------

On a side note, I was originally planning on watching some stuff last night, but that plan went away when I started watching some NFL Preseason Football. Hung out with the NFLGaf people, and... well, I'm not doing that again. Makes me appreciate the civility of AnimeGaf all the more.

What team do you root for? They arent that bad really. A lot of shit talk but its all lighthearted jabbing. They wont hesitate to help you out if you really need anything.

Tenumi

Banned
What team do you root for? They arent that bad really. A lot of shit talk but its all lighthearted jabbing. They wont hesitate to help you out if you really need anything.

Mostly Lions, a little Chargers. Its just not the kind of atmosphere I like, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom