• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't been here for a while, video games... and i realize i'd rather take an hr+ nap after work than watch the pretty meh anime of the season.

I do needa catch up on tanuki and silver spoon though. but ff14 beta D:

cajunator

Banned
Mostly Lions, a little Chargers. Its just not the kind of atmosphere I like, that's all.

Yeah I read it when I searched your history in the thread.
Fair enough I suppose if you dont feel comfortable there but I would gladly back you up if you need it. Im the sole New Orleans Saints fan who posts regularly in that section lol. I dealt with all that crazy shit last year and the heckling that ensued.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Another 3

Gears are turning in Kouichi's head. Slowly, because he's a dense motherfucker. Like seriously, you're fucking stupid son. Like, goddammit. I fucking hate how hamfisted they're trying to keep a secret and give you hints. It's fucking annoying.

But the atmosphere is still fucking crazy. It's tense, paranoid, and creepy.

Reading Lovecraft in a horror show? Wow. just....wow.

OH SHIT WTF GODDAMN this is some Final Destination shit

Branduil

Another 3

Gears are turning in Kouichi's head. Slowly, because he's a dense motherfucker. Like seriously, you're fucking stupid son. Like, goddammit. I fucking hate how hamfisted they're trying to keep a secret and give you hints. It's fucking annoying.

You have no idea.

cajunator

Banned
Another 3

Very creative ways of ending people in that show. Misaki Mei is....well shes lovely and adorable.

CorvoSol

Bu-but they were just practicing!

Get used to little green haired girl, cause she's gonna be around with that soulless expression on her face for a looooong time.

You green girl is annoying as all heck, though. Her face is literally just eyes.

Heterochromia is wonderful stuff. Need more of it in anime

One of my friends in high school was heterochromatic. She had one eye that was single colored and another that was split horizontally in terms of color.

cajunator

Banned
You green girl is annoying as all heck, though. Her face is literally just eyes.

One of my friends in high school was heterochromatic. She had one eye that was single colored and another that was split horizontally in terms of color.

Its very VERY rare IRL. Amazing that you know someone with it!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Moretsu Pirates/Bodacious Space Pirates Episode 7: You know, there is just the odd dichotomy to this show that comes from spot welding Space Pirate Adventures to High School Slice of Life antics. Even Misa and Kane seem to be aware of it and comment, I will note, that when something is so credulous or stupid that characters are commenting on the stupidity of a situation means you should have dropped the High School subplots. Yes, I consider the the majority of the High School/Maid Cafe shit to be mostly worthless subplots for the time being. Even the show had a hard time justifying the whole Marika Kato is failing her classes angle since it turns out running a space pirate crew is, even in anime, a whole order of magnitude more important then god damned high school. Anyway, the Pirates of the Caribbean show seemingly goes a bit daft and some foreshadowing is dropped and it seems a child stowaway has appeared on the The Bentenmaru to hopefully kick off the first full fledged Pirate arc.

Yeah it took some time getting started, but it was quite a ride from here on out.

Aizo

Banned
That sounds beautiful. I met a girl with heterochromia when I was 5 years old. It's stuck in my head ever since.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I find the revelation that Denny's has an official twitter to be somehow the funniest part of this. Like, I imagine the tweets being like "2am at Ft Collins downtown loc, brawl between 3homeless men ensued as woman quietly cried in corner over eggs&hash" so I can't bring myself to actually click that link & be disappointed.
1e5a6223337fde0122f4622aa723528d1376661545_full.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/08/16-1/titan-mania-attacks-restaurant-chain-dennys

Another 3

I'm starting to wonder if I don't even notice (some of the time at least) poor character writing because of stellar atmosphere. There was a lot about Another and the way it portrayed certain scenes that didn't sit right with me, but I thought it was creepy, tense and paranoid throughout.

Not once did I think of it as a comedy.

Branduil

I'm starting to wonder if I don't even notice (some of the time at least) poor character writing because of stellar atmosphere. There was a lot about Another and the way it portrayed certain scenes that didn't sit right with me, but I thought it was creepy, tense and paranoid throughout.

I hope you at least noticed how everyone was an unbelievable idiot.

cajunator

Banned

Ill give you that it was creepy and tense. Im not a fan of horror movies. but for some reason Another didnt bother me. Probably cause its animated lol.

I hope you at least noticed how everyone was an unbelievable idiot.

I wouldn't go as far as say "unbelievable" idiot, but yeah, quite a few dumb people with no sense of self-preservation. Don't know if I'd act much smarter in a situation like that, though. What bothered me the most was how subdued people reacted to several tens of deaths.

Jesus, more than 40 shows in a single season.

Gaist Crusher looks pretty cool. Guess Ill add it to my list.

Diabolik Lovers
Log Horizon
Nagi no Asukara
Phi Brain Puzzle of God 3rd Season
Daiya no A
Gundam Build Fighters
Meganebu!
Kill la Kill
Kuroko's Basketball Second Season
Magi Second Season
Valvrave Second Season
Samurai Flamenco