• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably won't do it, but I hope with all my might that the best first gen Pokémon makes an appearance in this somehow.

1306321-missingno.jpg

And Bulbasaur is awesome.

yami4ct

They probably won't do it, but I hope with all my might that the best first gen Pokémon makes an appearance in this somehow.

I could see something like that happening as a trick/joke. Maybe they could do an Origin Special/Movie where an illusion pokemon that looks like that is going around. Maybe it could end up being like Mew or something causing it.

CorvoSol

That really terribly-drawn Eevee ruins it.

Well, okay, but ignore him and the tight pants and pay attention to them sick Charizard and Blastoises.

God Wartortole and Charmeleon are just both the freaking worst. As far as middle evos go, Quilava's pretty cool. Can't think of another I really like.

Typhlosion is the second best Fire Pokemon family after Charizard. Blaziken line is okay, fuck Infernape and its spawn forever and ever because oh my Arceus is Gen IV the worst Gen or what, and Emboar is hilarious.

Yep, apparently it's just a single-episode special, jointly produced by OLM, Production I.G, and XEBEC.

Hype to the floor.

Heysoos

I have two Crunchyroll Guest Passes available. I'd figure those interested in Oreimo might want them. Anyways, PM me for them. Don't feel like doing the whole quote to see thing.

yami4ct

It better be an hour-long special. I want to see the full Red VS. Green/Blue fight complete with a remixed version of this.

Give me a full 1.5 hour+ special covering the full run gyms through the league. We already see the Lance and Green league fights as well as a Brock fight in the trailer. They better not skip the middle gyms. I'd love to see a redesigned Misty and other leaders.

Forgot about Dewott. He's not bad. Really like that line. I dig both the Leaf and Water lines from that gen, but dear god if the Emboar line not just the worst.

All they needed to do for the fire evos for Pignite was turn him into a beastly Pumbaa. But instead, we got this:

230px-500Emboar.png

Why.

CorvoSol

Forgot about Dewott. He's not bad. Really like that line. I dig both the Leaf and Water lines from that gen, but dear god if the Emboar line not just the worst.

Emboar line isn't as bad as Infernape line. Hope Fennekin's line turns out okay in XY. And also turns out not Fire Fighting.

yami4ct

Emboar line isn't as bad as Infernape line. Hope Fennekin's line turns out okay in XY. And also turns out not Fire Fighting.

I like both Infernape and his first form. Second form is terrible, but so are most as established. I don't like the Pokemon or fighting with it, but I think the look is fine.

And yeah, really hope Fennekin isn't fighting sub typed. It doesn't look like the type of design that would be, but who knows? Would be really disappointing if it was. Currently my favorite of the new 3.

The worst thing about Infernape was, in the original Diamond and Pearl, you had no damn choice but to choose him as your starter if you wanted a Fire type for the first playthrough. Unless you wanted a Rapidash. But other than that, there were absolutely no other fire types before getting the national dex in the original Diamond and Pearl.

CorvoSol

I like both Infernape and his first form. Second form is terrible, but so are most as established. I don't like the Pokemon or fighting with it, but I think the look is fine.

And yeah, really hope Fennekin isn't fighting sub typed. It doesn't look like the type of design that would be, but who knows? Would be really disappointing if it was. Currently my favorite of the new 3.

I don't like Chespin because he looks basically exactly the same as Oshawott, just grass themed.

The worst thing about Infernape was, in the original Diamond and Pearl, you had no damn choice but to choose him as your starter if you wanted a Fire type for the first playthrough. Unless you wanted a Rapidash. But other than that, there were absolutely no other fire types before getting the national dex in the original Diamond and Pearl.

Gen IV was not exactly the best gen. Aside from Superior Silver.

prism ilya 4

ooh the big budget eps. show really does feel like a less derpy s1 of lyrical nanoha. Tons of beam spamming and dodging.

animeee.PNG

While it was pretty funny, I don't get why Miyu has such a hard time understanding flight, while she has no problem doing stuff like shooting giant beams... how is the one so much more plausible than the other?

Vague 3rei [manga] spoiler!
Also considering what she is... yeah. That makes it even harder to explain.

Illya 5 & 6 were just incredible ... i hope ep 7 will manage to top "that" but it'll be hard.
I'm expecting something more like ep. 4, a down episode right after two episodes of intense fighting...

That sword fight was cool BUT it had a bunch of errors in it.
i'm sad if this was the best this season had to offer.

don't get me wrong the episode as a whole was awesome. but once i rewatched the ep i found some things that annoyed me.

EdIt : weird ... the animation errors i watched in the niconico release are now gone. good for the show i guess.
What did you mean, errors?

Articalys

Kiniro Mosaic ep. 5-6

Still super-cute. Though I'm getting tired of yuri teasing that leads nowhere.

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ ep. 6

;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_;

This series is too good sometimes.

What did you mean, errors?

Well when i watched the niconico release there were plenty of little thing that weren't good.
Now after comparing i realised that they took 1 scene for the later part of the fight and used 3 times.

In the normal release we've got now , they replaced those parts by some new animation ( i suppose they couldn't get it ready on time or something ) and the scene in question is used only once in the proper context.

i also realised that they added plenty of new effects on some scenes , especially in the last part of the showdown.
It was mainly nitpicking before but the fact that they corrected those make the entire scene flawless now.

Uchouten Kazoku 2-3

This show nails the whole magic realism atmosphere, especially in the clock tower scene.

I'm also liking how each episode is bookended by Yasaburo's monologues.

They don't simul-dub the stuff airing right now, do they? Don't see any reason they'd do it here. It'll certainly get aired, though.

The dub is 12 episodes behind.
Direct feed footage of the Pokémon: The Origin trailer:

Them weird faces. That weird Charmander.

Yep, apparently it's just a single-episode special, jointly produced by OLM, Production I.G, and XEBEC.

Haha, I was right.

MILF of the year.

Well Brock and Lance looks barely similar.

That style looks so much better than the current series. Why can't we get a full show that looks like that? I understand why it can't be all sakuga all the time, but I'd kill for a pokemon show with a decent art style.

Haha, no.

At least the promo art looks decently nice.

Tokyo Mew Mew 3

Ichigo hates ghosts. Oh boy. And obviously we'll get our third PrecureAnimal Girl this episode, and I thought Lettuce was going to be 4th. She really looks like Komachi/Cure Mint.... except with glasses and doesn't look as stupid.

And... some random ass drama to boot. It's like... we knew she had some issues with the fuckers Retatsu or whatever was with... and then she randomly attacks them because her body is weird and she can't make friends. That was dumb. At the same time, WAY to go you douchebags, you fucked up a girls life that she didn't even want. You forced it on her.

Speaking of forced, there was onscreen kiss-rape by the enemy. She lost her first kiss. In comparison, kiss rape almost happened in Yes Precure 5! GoGo's movie, but it was a lot creepier.

Really, it's only three months back? They've come a long way from when it was a year delay; I guess all that time it was airing multiple days a week on Cartoon Network or whatever really paid off to close that gap.

Either that or it was because there was always a gap between the game releases, so they treated it as such, so having a worldwide launch for Pokemon X/Y must be letting the anime be so close.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gatchaman Crowds 6

Hajime makes Madoka and her Marus look like a character that stepped right out of Apocalypse Now. She is quite possibly the most genki super positive character that I've ever seen in fiction and makes all the characters from Aria look like bitter, cynical fucks.

And yet, somehow, I don't find her annoying or grating. If anything, her unyielding optimism that even Anne from the Green Gables could learn from is somehow endearing. It's not just that she's genki. It's that she's fucking swag with her genki. She's probably more positive than all the Precures and the Doremis and My Little Ponies and whatever other magical girl characters put together. lol

Narag

Blue Exorcist: The Movie

Despite being a franchise film with characters showing up who clearly had larger roles in the series, everyone had a role to play and every scene felt important; there was no time wasted on fanservice I wouldn't be able to appreciate. It's so tightly constructed.

I wish I'd remembered to highlight that when I wrote up my impressions. Lack of wasted time is such a big plus.

Syrinx

I totally think Cure Happy could get along with Pinky Pie considering she has SMILE SMILE SMILE under her belt.
This gets annoying pretty damn quick. She's probably my least favorite Precure so far of the three shows I've watched (Smile, Heartcatch, and Futari wa).

This gets annoying pretty damn quick. She's probably my least favorite Precure so far of the three shows I've watched (Smile, Heartcatch, and Futari wa).

I can easily think of worse right off the bat, but none of them are in the ones you watched. (well I did put Nao and Reika below her in the long run for reasons stated many times already by others).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom