• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corpse Party Tortured Souls 2

Gb78rfq.jpg

Wow, that may be the most graphic representation of
Mayu's death
in any Corpse Party media I've seen. The only thing they could do more is
show the exact moment she hits the wall.

Also, psycho Sugita!

wonzo

Banned
http://www.animeherald.com/2013/04/29/does-gundam-glamorize-terrorism/ said:
Gundam Wing, in particular, depicts terrorism in a way America had experienced little of when the show debuted in 1995 (it originated in Japan, of course, and came to our shores in 2000).
tumblr_mrn2g4Ied01qghmqdo1_500.png

Kazzy

I don't know. That sort of mentality is dismissive of the longer, well thought out analysis we might get from hosanna, jex, or duckroll and setting corvo as the bar might discourage others from contributing for not meeting this "standard."

Don't worry, I won't that take that slight to heart.

*Sobs uncontrollably*

I don't know. That sort of mentality is dismissive of the longer, well thought out analysis we might get from hosanna, jex, or duckroll and setting corvo as the bar might discourage others from contributing for not meeting this "standard."

... I'm being ridiculously hyperbolic/over the top dude. Haha.

Along with the posts that, you know, call him a god? XD

EDIT: About those Leetstreet Boys... they send us their videos every few weeks or so. It's gotten to the point of hilarity whenever I see their name show up in my inbox.

cajunator

Banned
If anybody ordered Accel World from Right Stuf make sure to check your order to see if you got the free gift.

I have preordered anime before from rightstuf and not gotten the free gift so I dont worry much. Got my Utena ring though!

Haibane Renmei 1

Things were getting a little stagnant with my viewing, so I decided to start this on a bit of a whim because some people said it was good.

I liked it enough. The scene with her wings sprouting was pretty weird. I wager they aren't very functional.

I wonder how this show's going to balance Rakka becoming a part of this new world and society and her trying to investigate who she was in her past life and why she, along with everyone else, became a Haibane. The way Reki described it, the town where the Haibane live exists in the same universe as the rest of the world.

Nice. You started my favorite anime series. Lots of mysteries exist but only a few get answered. Lots of it is up to speculation or imagination.

CorvoSol

And it was after this point in the game where things started to get really interesting.

That game has one of the best endings in a video game IMO.

Don't spoil it. Alcamoth is where the game really clicked with me, so I'm definitely hoping I can get it done this summer.

Maybe it was because I played Xenoblade over the course of months, but I had figured all that out way earlier than that iirc

Nah, I'm just kinda slow. Plus I've spent the bulk of this game laughing about how awesome Dunban is, so I've been distracted from the plot time to time.

i heard xenoblade and came in instantly

There's a joke waiting to be made in this post.

There's almost no point in posting here because Corvo posts wipe the floor with everything else.

OTL

But if you come in here more often, we can talk more FMP!

There's almost no point in posting here because Corvo posts wipe the floor with everything else.

Less excuses and more posts about your anime life!

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 42
HETQ5jd.jpg

I like it, putting these cute little brains to think.

I like how this is the third episode in a row that make the girls think about their future, even if I know the future of Hazuki because Dorama CD spoilers...
and you can infer it too from her mother, who still doing what her mom told her to do, and probably how Hazuki will end too

CorvoSol

Don't forget the very, very occasional post by Stump. I don't ever worry about measuring up to Stump's level, though.

Ojamajo Doremi 31

FINALLY, Doremi's inability to create something the exact way she wants it pays off!

So we have people who had fun summer vacations while our Ojamajos slaved away in a store, Tamaki got a bourgeois ass bag (that's what the A stands for), and our person of interest of the episode left for Mongolia, and came back, but is having trouble figuring out what to give her friend.

This episode does remind me of something I liked about Ojamajo Doremi. Magic doesn't solve everything, and you don't really NEED it to solve a problem. Them trying to rely on magic ended up biting them in the ass since they ran out of spheres (good thing the test didn't need it). The test actually gave them the idea on how to solve Shino's problem. It's probably a very good thing that Ojamajo doesn't really rely on MotW.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 7 (Kabukimonogatari 1)

Hey, can anyone give me directions to Jusenkyo? I need to go jump in one of the springs there so that I can have Nisio Isin's babies.

This shit is so good. New character Ougi managed to establish herself as fuck awesome within about two seconds of appearing, and her whole little spiel about traffic lights and the dangers of the world was so Monogatari it hurt, except that would imply it was negative somehow, and lol fuck that it was awesome. The casual revelation that
her surname is Oshino
was just the cherry on top. Goddamn I want to see more of this character.

Ononoki's conversation was interesting too - it's always nice to get more insight into these more minor characters, and her
sudden abandonment of her own speech tic
was amusing to say the least - and Shinobu...Shinobu is just wonderful. Like, one step below Ichinose Hajime wonderful. That's about the highest level of wonderful achievable by non-deities. (Mayoi is Hajime-level, but that's because she is a goddess. I should know, I worship her.)

If only Mayoi was actually present in her own arc, this would be pretty much perfect.

If there's one problem here (besides the lack of Mayoi), it's that I now feel torn between whether I should just keep watching the anime alone, or continue reading the novels past Kizu and get ahead. I love the series in both formats now, and I can't decide which I want to experience it in most. Urghhhhhhhhh.

Actually, that's a lie, after a little consideration I've come to the conclusion that reading the novels and then watching the anime is probably the optimal way to experience the series. But then there are issues of practicality, because after Kizu I'd have four volumes to get through (count 'em: Nise 1, Nise 2, Neko Black and Neko White) before I'd be caught up to the current point in the anime. And seeing how long it took me to get through just the two volumes of Bake, twice that many volumes might take a while.

Hmmmmm.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi 31

FINALLY, Doremi's inability to create something the exact way she wants it pays off!

So we have people who had fun summer vacations while our Ojamajos slaved away in a store, Tamaki got a bourgeois ass bag (that's what the A stands for), and our person of interest of the episode left for Mongolia, and came back, but is having trouble figuring out what to give her friend.

This episode does remind me of something I liked about Ojamajo Doremi. Magic doesn't solve everything, and you don't really NEED it to solve a problem. Them trying to rely on magic ended up biting them in the ass since they ran out of spheres (good thing the test didn't need it). The test actually gave them the idea on how to solve Shino's problem. It's probably a very good thing that Ojamajo doesn't really rely on MotW.
Sometimes their magical stage will come back with "do it yourself", although sometimes more bluntly than others.

Sometimes their magical stage will come back with "do it yourself", although sometimes more bluntly than others.

I think I recall a few of those.

Oh well. Great to have this back in rotation with Sailor Moon getting ready to rap up. Should take maybe three days for that.

The real big deal is that Ryouga has admitted to being my OTL.

I guess it's time to start cheating on him with Cajun.

I don't. But it. The thing.

I give up.

Anyhow, my main reason for being scarce lately is that I haven't been watching much of anything due to time and/or being a lazy ass. Hopefully I can fix that soon.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If CorvoSol jumps on the Sailor Moon/Ojamajo Doremi bandwagon, is he triumphing over AnimeGAF or is AnimeGAF triumphing over him?

I don't. But it. The thing.

I give up.

Anyhow, my main reason for being scarce lately is that I haven't been watching much of anything due to time and/or being a lazy ass. Hopefully I can fix that soon.

You don't have to watch anything, just post about your anime life...have you been destroying any white Cresta recently?

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 43

Then Tamaki
Kaichou
was just a Mega evolution, and you turn back to normal Tamaki Reika after...and that's not all, her entire evolution line is normal, normal grade schooler>normal middle schooler>normal old lady. Or not(?)
More golden poop, look what you have done Theonik!

Ojamajo Doremi 32

CLASS PRESIDENT

Miyamoto vs Tamaki in a battle of style vs subtance. Magic didn't entirely help yet again, as Miyamoto made his good points stand out (should've lied about making Mario).

And apparently Majo Ruka is running for future queen. Was a blurb to go along with the theme for the episode, but it probably means something.

luffypunchdvuen.gif

Went from lackluster to really satisfying.

One Piece 607

And just like that I'm reminded why I still love to watch OP.

Incredibly good episode with the Luffy vs Caesar fight easily being the highlight. They actually made Caesar look menacing in his battle against Luffy and his fire/explosion attacks were animated really well. The other fight between Sanji vs Vergo was short but good nonetheless. Definitely helps ease the pain from last time.

Meanwhile, Law has reached the SAD room and has pulled off a glorious smirk while all the bad guys are panicking that he's there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wait, do the Oreimo S2 OVAs cover the end of the LN? These impressions sound very........final.

If so I might finally have to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom