• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

indeed.... indeed

guufinal0910.gif

This makes me want to watch Hare+Guu again. So good.

Theonik

To Love-Ru Darkness OVA 03
Ponpo said this was OK to use but I'm scared *might be nsfw etc
These OVAs suffer from a large lack of Darkness-sama and Mea.
Still they are exactly what you would expect from this show.

You have to wonder how paintball was approved with options like that still on the table.
*Airsoft and yeah one wonders.

All the In-bu club members are single children... until our protagonist discovers he has a long-lost sister.

With the help of his club, can he make his dreams come true?
That's actually what I had in mind. The members of the club are all only children. Dunno about the long lost sister though. This can be a late season twist. Perhaps as a sort of triangle creator once you start having 2 of the members of the club getting closer together. (the one who discovers the long lost sister would be the male in this vanilla romance)

"In-bu"? I hope you realise that's an actual Japanese word meaning "genitals" >.>
Name puns are popular. Gotta sell the show somehow.

Why am I thinking about the Oreimo ending half a day later? Was I fooled by the heartwarming presentation and actually liked it? Or did it just make me so uncomfortable that I can't get it out of my mind? Maybe a combination of both + actually liking the whole series more than I thought and the jarring portrayal throwing me off? I guess we'll never know.

On the subject of incest itself, I don't really care. You want a taste of that succulent forbidden sister fruit, that's your problem. I'd like to say I won't judge you for it, though that's probably a lie even if I'd like to stay open-minded. Probably comes down to imagining being with my own sister, who I have essentially no relationship with whatsoever.

There's a difference between denying someone with a genetic disease or disability the right to reproduce completely and telling a perfectly healthy person not to have a baby with their sibling.

What if we're talking about siblings with genetic diseases/disabilities?

Highschool dxd New - 07

Ah this episode ...Was as good as i expected.

New opening is MUCH MUCH better.
New ending is great ... nice music , nice lewdness ( still not as great as the first season but still pretty much awesome ).

Now pool part was superb:

They did change some things a little , but that was to remind the viewers of some things around and speed things up a bit ..i welcome the change ... Also this was LEWD in so many ways i can't even process it , we'renot TO-LOVE RU lewd , but we're close , very close even.

Next week should be the first apperance of gasper ..i hope they don't mess this up , but they shouldn't since they got everything else right.

Oh and there was also , lucifer & vali in this episode , ah this arc will deliver i have no doubts.

Show is going at a nice pace this season. Nice introduction to the harem for X, and some character development for the others.

Dokidoki precure - 29

Mana perfection is shared even by her fairy lol.

it's a shame that they focused only on one fairy ... but it was still enough.

Oh and i know this will look stupid to some but ..IF you can avoid been cleansed by having 2 faces that change , what the heck is preventing them from making a cube with 4 faces in the same design ??

I know i know i should NOT think too much in a magical girl anime but still.....

On the subject of Oreimo, I guess I was mentally somewhat prepared for it to end the way it did, so perhaps that's why it didn't bother me so much. In my opinion there was enough good in the final episodes to outweigh any gripes I had with it.

faridmon

Steins;gate 1-3

The series couldn't have more boring start.
whats up with characters forgetting what happened in Ep. 1

Apparently it gets better later on, but as of now, its just... meh.

Depend on the studio , budget , the Tv channed but the deciding factor is the time where the anime is aired.
People fansubbing don't/can't magically uncensor videos like that ( that's what BD releases are for , as shown by to love-ru darkness )

Thanks, I always wondered why only some anime's covered it up. I guess that's one way to sell those BD's.

Tenumi

Banned
Fresh Pretty Cure!: 17

Finally! Cure Berry gets her power-up weapon! Although, odd that it comes after being the worst babysitter ever.

Someone give me the lowdown on Devil Fruit powers. This goddamn combo guy is spewing crap about zone-types and I have no idea what he's talking about

Paramecia: the most common DF. The entire makeup of the body is altered, leaving the user as a _____ man/woman depending on what they ate. By far has the most variety of all the types, even holding some abilities that seem like they should belong to other types.

Zoan: an animal-transforming DF. Gives the user 3 forms, an animal form, a hybrid form and a human form. Has several sub-categories with different levels of rarity, including ancient zoan and mystic zoan.

Logia: the rarest and most broken of the types. Allows the user to transform their entire body into a specific substance, sometimes becoming intangible and effectively invincible. Some users even train themselves to activate their ability on reflex, making them incredibly difficult to even touch, much less harm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kämpfer für die Liebe 01
Holy :SDBurton Batman. That was... Actually... Good? Is that even the right word?
I don't know what's going on any more. After you witness a girl force her index fingers in another girl's bum during a dramatic battle montage while a (admittedly not very good) rendition of Beethoven's "O Freunde nicht diese Töne" plays, it is hard to argue against this episode. Pretty much made up for all the awful the actual series subjected us to. :chet was also abundant if that's your thing but more importantly...
It featured a respectable amount of buts.
I REGRET NOTHING
I remember someone here said that someone tried to do that to them. Maybe it was Ryouge. lol

Kämpfer für die Liebe 02 Ende
Substantially less good good compared to the previous episode but it delivered on the lewd and :sdburton so honestly I can't hate on it.
MC still annoying as hell, like harem protags are.
I guess that's about all there is to see now. (I also just watched the omakes but there really isn't much to talk about there, an :SDBurton dressing room scene, a shower scene, and a groping scene, comprised mostly of stills lasting 1 minute for each episode.
And you know, since no one cares about this show anymore, my understanding is that the winner ended up being
shy glasses girl
. Dat betrayalthon, etc.

This thread got pretty weird.
Got?

incest makes no sense for me... you will end up with a shit baby, and marriage doesn't really net you anything of worth financially.

I guess you can be a weirdo who marries people because of 'love'.

Don't idols get shit pay too? They aren't american popstars.

Monogatari Second 7

iRQ5v6rXcWkzW.jpg

I don't know where this soulless-eye moe came from but I'm not complaining.

This was definitely a good return to form and I now realize how much of my enjoyment of this series comes from Koyomi playing off every other character in the show so well. This arc seems like it's going to be loads of fun what with the
time travel
and all.

faridmon

incest makes no sense for me... you will end up with a shit baby, and marriage doesn't really net you anything of worth financially.

I guess you can be a weirdo who marries people because of 'love'.

Don't idols get shit pay too? They aren't american popstars.

Your train of thoughts is going places...

Defuser

Monogatari ep 7

It's been too long since I heard Araragi's monologue. Good to have him back and into a new arc.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 18

ZZZZZzzzzzz.... I don't give a shit of a farewell filler character.

Theonik

I remember someone here said that someone tried to do that to them. Maybe it was Ryouge. lol
It's a common Japanese prank. Wouldn't terribly surprise me.

And you know, since no one cares about this show anymore, my understanding is that the winner ended up being
shy glasses girl
. Dat betrayalthon, etc.
Oh the manga offers a continuation? Thought it was also cut short. Time to read I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom