• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Every word is like a dagger in my heart.

Sorry dude. I really really hate Kirino as a character.

if you have girls, then bunny girls , if you have males, then host costume !
who cares about adorable costumes ? ( aside from maybe cajun ? )

No that's not what i'm saying , i agree with you on the fact that the Lns actually went for this end properly..no problem here. the fact that the psp game written by the same guy has a very similar end is another proof.

BUT i think that the psp end is better and the
reveal that they aren't related
satifies everyone, including me. it's clear and simple.

The way the final novel handled things ,
the conclusion is that they choose to hide this from society was high and that's the way i interpreted this end BECAUSE they had so much time thinking about the consequences , hence why i think the author made the ending that way on purpose too. The solution was actually to hide is the way i see how it happenned.
As you said , the anime ( that i haven't seen because ..well i was tired of they were handling things ) probably skipped too many things and the end result seen by anime only viewers is that they "reverted" when in fact i think they didn't.

If i don't think like that i just can't justify all that happenned , because IMO it doesn't make sense otherwise

Adorable costumes make everything better.

I'm fucking ashamed to know that is from K-On.

Then you shame very easily!

Hm. I'll just youtube a clip. I don't need to watch it all in dubs >_<

Do the blurays have subs? I wouldn't mind picking it up if it does. I enjoyed IS and I'm ready for season two.

Yeah they do. also character songs from all the girls including the heart meltingly wonderful "Ma cherie" from Charles <3

Kwixotik

7 episodes into Berserk now, this show is great. Are the movies any good?

I love the feel of the show. It reminds me of Demon's/Dark Souls if humanity was restored in those games.

I think they have been pretty average at best, too mature, gorey, and bloody that it constantly inhibits the Dragon Age type feeling and setting that I like for medieval fantasies to have.

Bonus of the second berserk movie and the dub is hearing Sonic's Eggman in the antagonists role. Its so good.

cajunator

Banned
As usual, translation assistance is requested, but I believe this article is attributing a rise in the number of tickets sold for a JGSDF live-fire exercise public demonstration to the popularity of Girls und Panzer, and discusses other things the anime has helped spark interest in.

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/politics/news/130819/plc13081923390008-n1.htm

This makes me quite pleased :D

...What the hell happened in here last night?!

Pretty much the norm.

Steins;gate 1-3

The series couldn't have more boring start.
whats up with characters forgetting what happened in Ep. 1

Apparently it gets better later on, but as of now, its just... meh.

Stick with it! Once it gets rolling it REALLY does.

Something in my head tells me that's much longer than whatever I watched, and chances are, it's longer than my mega franchises put together.

Its not. Just 69 episodes. Its quite enjoyable and hilarious. Tsukino is a cutie.

7Th

newchara.png

Cute.

cajunator

Banned
Funimation has formally listed their November 2013 solicitations, all available for pre-order at Right Stuf.

Seems that the full localized title for Binbougami ga! is Binbo-gami ga! Good Luck Girl!, similar to how they handled the Haganai (Japanese name first, English title as subtitle).

(via @WTK)

Good stuff, but whats the difference between the LE and non LE versions of Binbougami Ga?

I can't wait to own Wolf Children on Blu-ray. Hopefully, there are some nice extras in that release.

Im buying this movie and I havent even watched it :(

Well probably depends on the show. For example, Guilty Crown has:

While Haganai has:

Then again, you have movies such like Summer Wars which got:

While the Vesperia movie got:

Completely and utterly random lol

Probably just what they can obtain a license for.

go ask the south about first cousins then get back to me.

Hey dammit leave my beloved South out of this!

It was pretty obvious that it was going to go straight into the abyss lol.

People are going to love who they want to. You cant really prevent that. If people want to have incestuous relations well whatever. I just cant stand THIS character Kirino. If she was cuter/more likeable in the show, then incest ahoy! But I hate her.

I can certainly see how one wouldn't like Kirino. I didn't really at first but she kinda grew on me, but perhaps I'm a rare case.

cajunator

Banned
I'm willing to sign this embargo, The People's Democratic Republic of Corvo has an obvious vested interest in this.

This is a country I would asuredly visit.
Complete with a flag consisting of a phase changing orange with O.A.T! emblazoned on the front.

I couldn't denounce SDBurton, he and I are the only ones who like Origami.

Sorry but I cannot stand Origami. Not sure why. Maybe the other girls are just plain better.

Oh.

That makes it easier to consider then.

Yeah its not as long of a show as youd think. Its very watchable.

Quite!

Funimation has formally listed their November 2013 solicitations, all available for pre-order at Right Stuf.

Seems that the full localized title for Binbougami ga! is Binbo-gami ga! Good Luck Girl!, similar to how they handled the Haganai (Japanese name first, English title as subtitle).

(via @WTK)

Definitely in for Binbougami ga! and Wolf Children. Really enjoyed the former and have yet to see the latter.

cajunator

Banned
like I said before, society isn't worth the paper is printed on.

I fully disagree. society can be onderful or horrible depending on perspective.

I can certainly see how one wouldn't like Kirino. I didn't really at first but she kinda grew on me, but perhaps I'm a rare case.

Something about her just annoys the living shit out of me. Shes not very interesting either compared to the others.

Articalys

I think I'm kind of starting to get tired of the constant onslaught of HanaKana roles, so maybe I'm favoring Ayana Taketatsu a bit because of that.

jbug617

Banned

(via @WTK)

I just plan to order Wolf Children and the One Piece movie

Narag

I love the feel of the show. It reminds me of Demon's/Dark Souls if humanity was restored in those games.

TV series is superior from what I've seen. Movies have awful CG and lack that haunting Susumu Hirasawa score.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon Mangoes Act 8-14 END of OG Sailor Moon

So yeah, that really played out differently in comparison to the anime. Some parts of this could've expanded the characters more, but given how different things played out (like NephritexNaru), would it have been possible? Probably since the spoilered aspect didn't really reveal itself until the bitter end.
Also notably different is the tone involved.
While Usagi does reflect on who she really is at this point, she doesn't reject her past life like anime Usagi does. In the end, she accepts who she is but still choses to remain on Earth.

Also, FATEFATEFATE but that's the norm for the manga.

Look forward to the next arc, as it's even more different from the anime.

Also notably different is the tone involved.
While Usagi does reflect on who she really is at this point, she doesn't reject her past life like anime Usagi does. In the end, she accepts who she is but still choses to remain on Earth.

Also, FATEFATEFATE but that's the norm for the manga.

Look forward to the next arc, as it's even more different from the anime.

I think I made note of it earlier, but yeah, she's definitely more accepting of what's going on.

Well it's probably the only good thing to come out of the series.

I can't even enjoy that now (or rather back when spoilers came out from the LN)

cajunator

Banned
It was one of those moment of confusion ueeeeeeees and not one of those startled UEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs. It's still rather amusing and only a couple minutes per episode.

Ah. Well that is a tier down in my opinion but still worthy.
These things should be categorized. in order of magnitude and effectual hnngh.

Mr.Jeff

I can't even enjoy that now (or rather back when spoilers came out from the LN)
Shame that. All I know about the series is from what I've absorbed from this thread:
- Brother somehow ignores sister for years and discovers she's into eroge a bit too much.
- Other characters appear
- ??????
- The unforgivable ending.

Overall, I think I've walked away from this better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom