• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushibugyo - 20

This episode had ups but was mostly down. It's a shame sinceit was supposed to be the shining moment for hibachi but it wasn't because even if she figured out plenty of things , she couldn't have won if jinbei wasn't there and even then
thier victory was dumbed down by the schoking revelation at the end of the episode

Still this episode gave us loli hibachi and it was good even if it was a flashback:
Mushibugyo%20-%2020.jpg

Jinbei should really put a few points in INT , intead of STR or DEX , because it's kinda pathetic to see his state ATM.

Metrotab

Banned
Love Lab - 7

This reminds me of my older sister having friends over and the necessity of me being proper and polite during those visits.

Quick commentary on Act 15 of Sailor Moon R arc

Well well weeeell. Monster summons will probably be no longer a thing since we have a whopping seven minions. And Koan was killed by Mars no less.

What was something was Rei's vision where she saw a kid get burned alive by Koan's silhouette. And on top of this, Mars was kidnapped at the end after beating Koan. No dumb Mamoru is a douchebag arc has started yet.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll 6

Well, this episode had an interesting new character. Cute, too. The solution to her issues and the episode's conflict seemed bizarrely simple, though. I never know quite what to think of this show's odd approach to storytelling.

The important thing we got in this episode, though, was
MOAR KATIA x IMOUTO
! Hells yes APPROVED.

The world god only knows godess arc - 07

i know i know this screen is incredibly misleading but i couldn't resist !!

And now you know , you can be GOD , but even That is not enough when you're in ANIME , the best plans always have weakness and unforseen circumstances !

cajunator

Banned
Sazae-san

Ah yes. THE anime in Japan.

Surprised no one had posted a crossover like this on pixiv until today.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37906820

(The title more or less translates to "Behold! Pravda's secret weapon!" as said by Katyusha, and the description is the rest of the GuP characters thinking that it looks like a bucket.)

This is completely amazing and perfect in every conceivable way.

Mushibugyo - 20

This episode had ups but was mostly down. It's a shame sinceit was supposed to be the shining moment for hibachi but it wasn't because even if she figured out plenty of things , she couldn't have won if jinbei wasn't there and even then
thier victory was dumbed down by the schoking revelation at the end of the episode

Still this episode gave us loli hibachi and it was good even if it was a flashback:

Jinbei should really put a few points in INT , intead of STR or DEX , because it's kinda pathetic to see his state ATM.

ATM?

He needed to grow those brain cells back when he met Kuro again and still couldn't realize she was his boss.

Mr.Jeff

Yuyushiki - End
I stopped procrastinating and finally finished it. So good. The last scene where Yui was admitting she enjoyed the beach was adorable. I think the overall randomness of the conversations helped keep it from feeling too overly dull but I can't help but feel the school year went really quick.

Shame there'll probably never be another season.

Additionally, Uchouten Kazoku -7.
I can see why people thought the middle section was a bit of a waste, it seemed to fill time without really accomplishing anything until the twins appeared. I wasn't really expecting that kind of twist at the end. I'll be interested to see how they deal with it from here.

Nafe

Damn right you are! It makes me happy that you watched it, Nafe.

About that link to a video you posted, precisely Washi collected a couple more that include some of the scenes that had identified its key animator in charge (http://washiblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/birth-classic-1984-ova-yoshinori-kanada/).

Interesting to note is that for BIRTH, apart from being animation supervisor and character designer, Mr. Kanada also helped with the overall setting and art design of the project, influencing everything with his strikingly dynamic watercolor sketches and image-boards...
sometime I need to make better scans and stitch together those beautiful ones from the 'Yoshinori Kanada Special' of the animage ORIGINAL vol.5 magazine.

I'd love to see more appreciation for Yoshinari Kanada like this, and more people interested that could foment a bigger following for anything related to its enormously influential figure... so maybe then we could see shared and translated for anyone all that love and those signs of respect dedicated to him, like those from his peers at TV specials like ANIME MAESTRO, or the one our own good bunny talked about time ago as was in MAG・NET (MAG・ネット), a now deceased program. Thankfully, we don't need translation for the homages of 'truly recognized successor' Mr. Imaishi, for example... individual ones or along his GAiNAXers pals.

And to our EmmanuelMuñoz... if you are watching this, I'll say that I want to offer you and everyone someday a 'rip' from that DOWN LOAD's LaserDisc release we talked about (well, that or convincing the person called suteaka to give us his/her decent quality transfer).

Thanks as always /XX/! :)

Looking at that Washiblog article and it's interesting to see the names of some of the people who animated certain sections. As I mentioned I'm still learning the names of animators and trying to see their own styles. I remember earlier mention in the thread of people talking about animators being inspired by or learning from Yoshinari Kanada and the term "Kanada-style".

I didn't realize he was involved as much as he was in Birth. I do like some of the art such as you can see in the little picture used for its entry in Anime News Networks database that I linked to.

I'll have to watch more of those Sakuga panel videos that people have been linking to. I watched the one Narag posted that had a quick look at Kanada in the latter part and like he mentions you really get more of an appreciation for these things. Seeing the history of anime, its styles and who influenced who is interesting.

I'll maybe have to get to watching Gurren Lagann soon but I'm already watching a bunch of shows, haha.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 32

Joker is quite the nihilist.

How come Candy was able to go back into the neglect sphere while remembering everything? And this episode in general was so centered around Miyuki. It felt like the other four were trying to pull her in or something. She was the only one who seemed to be even slightly aware that something was wrong. Though I guess the other four were pulled in before her.

Smile Precure 32

Joker is quite the nihilist.

How come Candy was able to go back into the neglect sphere while remembering everything? And this episode in general was so centered around Miyuki. It felt like the other four were trying to pull her in or something. She was the only one who seemed to be even slightly aware that something was wrong. Though I guess the other four were pulled in before her.

Candy doesn't have anything the sphere could exploit ?
Willpower ? pure feeligns ?

Kin iro mosaic - 04

This episode was :sdburton

And shino is competing with mana( dokidoki precure ) for "female harem lead" with the best harem this season.

Just look at the way she handle disputes !

Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun 20

9xlSMmwl.jpg

That was a pretty nice episode.

Managing to tie together unrelated characters into the forgotten main plot and I always like when we find out about some undiscovered connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom