• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

firehawk12 said:
Sukitte Il Na Yo OVA
A38HZVjl.jpg

It was a nice reminder of the show, but other than the characters still being together and a hint of movement on behalf of the mohawk dude, it really does feel like something that was designed to be a bit of "status-quo" service, for lack of a better term.

It did remind me just how much I miss the show getting to dip in again.

And I wouldn't call it status quo. Seems like the relationship is stringer with Mei a bit more confident. The show I guess was more about Kai though.

Also I didn't realse how much alike Mei and Nagi are.

Dog and Scissors
VV369ncl.jpg

Masochist girl really does take it to the next level. I'm not even sure what this show is anymore, although since you could argue that it involves bestiality, it may be more controversial than OreImo. Well, if anyone actually watched it that is. lol

Heh. She really is digging Kazuhito.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is what the animegaf IRC is like. Well, when people aren't posting questionable adult material with sad pandas anyway.

It did remind me just how much I miss the show getting to dip in again.

And I wouldn't call it status quo. Seems like the relationship is stringer with Mei a bit more confident. The show I guess was more about Kai though.

Also I didn't realse how much alike Mei and Nagi are.
Yeah, I should get back to reading the manga again. And sure, there's been some advancement, but it's basically a checkup that tells the audience that everything is still "okay".

It'd be kind of neat if anime had the longevity to do a 7up type story, even if the time frame was compressed. Random single OVAs about these characters coming every year just updating their lives for a bit. But of course, I'm the only one who would want that!

Heh. She really is digging Kazuhito.
You know, Bondage-Con is probably less creepy than E3, considering the booth babes!

Novid

Banned
Maybe you should read what's actually been posted earlier but the notion it doesn't harm anyone is incredibly disingenuous:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2010/12/incest_is_cancer.single.html

But then again, go ask the state governments in the south about first cousins. That's the issue.

All the same-sex movement did was to expose how messed up heterosexual relationships have been and always will be - don't get me started please, And as for the Oremio series, This is the fate you fans have accepted for yourselves when yall chose crunchyroll.

Crocodile

If Crunchyfail was allowed to Fail we wouldn't be in this mess period.

Ok seriously, WTF is your deal with Crunchyroll? I see you constantly bring them up completely unprovoked and your rants against them never make any goddamn sense. Did the owner of the site run over your dog/cat or something? It's borderline creepy given how little sense your posts about them ever make.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok seriously, WTF is your deal with Crunchyroll? I see you constantly bring them up completely unprovoked and your rants against them never make any goddamn sense. Did the owner of the site run over your dog/cat or something? It's borderline creepy given how little sense your posts about them ever make.
Novid is legit crazy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

You should not have done that, the explanations never, ever make any sense.

If you enjoyed Attack on Titan you may also enjoy such thrilling, action-packed shows like:
-Watching Paint Dry
-Doing Taxes
-Going to the DMV
-Waiting Quietly For Death

With such episode titles for the bolded as Standing in Line (1), Standing in Line (2), Standing in Line (3), etc...

Theonik

With such episode titles for the bolded as Standing in Line (1), Standing in Line (2), Standing in Line (3), etc...
Directed by Araki, with such great scenes as, DMV employee sharpens pencil dramatically, employee dramatically leaves to go to the toilet, and the coffee running out.

Creepy? I thought its kind of charming and nostalgic, reminds me of teachers that teach and go on stories of days of long past and such.

Theonik

Creepy? I thought its kind of charming and nostalgic, reminds me of teachers that teach and go on stories of days of long past and such.
AnimeGaf Bright Leaders Academy (AgBL) was actually rather close to Kayos90 dorm so he never had any legitimate excuse to give to their teacher, Novid. Novid was one of those professors who wouldn’t see to anything the students had to say and would often go on lengthy tangents about how people these days are causing the world to become corrupt and that kids being late to school are sending the economy to ruin. Being tardy immediately subjected everyone to these long discussions and other conspiracy theories and kayos90 just was never in the mood for it. Fortunately, cajunator had them get to class on time and they took their seats.
NEVER FORGET

I've always assumed the generations after mine were hellish enough to cause my teachers to make sweeping statements denouncing entire segments of the population during class.

They weren't quite bitter and jaded enough while I was there.

wonzo

Banned
Directed by Araki, with such great scenes as, DMV employee sharpens pencil dramatically, employee dramatically leaves to go to the toilet, and the coffee running out.
This would own with the Kaiji narrator.

"Kaiji finds himself caught in the snare of the sharpeners demonic gate and struggles to overcome the despair exuding from such a mechanical evil!"

zawa

"Kaiji looks to his left only to find there's ONLY ONE BLUNT PENCIL LEFT!!!!"

ZAWAZAWA

"The bluntness of the last pencil is like the brutality of the Vietnamese jungle, how can Kaiji possibly hope to overcome such a perilous situation?!!???"

zawaaaaaaaaaaaa

"Kaiji… MOVES TO PICK UP THE BLUNT PENCIL!!!!"

*epic music kicks in*

"HE…"

"HE……"

"HE GRABS IT!!!!!"

*SICK GUITAR RIFF*

"KAIJI LIFTS THE PENCIL UP WITH ALL HIS MIGHT BEFORE CONFRONTING THE HOLE OF DESPAIR!!! CAN KAIJI DO IT??!????!!!??"

ZAWA

"KAIJI STOPS"

ZAWAZAWA

"HE LOOKS"

ZAWA

"HE LOOOKS"

ZAWAAAAAAA

*KAIJI LOOKS AS HE PUSHES IT IN AND SHARPENS THE PENCIL!!"

"HE SHARPENS THE PENCIL!!!!"

"HE SHARPENS THE PENCIL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"AND HE SHARPENS THE PENCILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!"

cajunator

Banned
They are negatone to prevent the final tome to be completed , because
noise doesn't like good music ?

This gif should be kept

Indeed it should, and has.

Clearly you havent known Novid very long.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sooo I'm new here. Is there any sort of positivity in any significant quantity here? Negativity makes me sad, especially when most of it is just
"I don't like this"
But in a different form with some vapid insults thrown in for good measure.

cajunator

Banned
Sooo I'm new here. Is there any sort of positivity in any significant quantity here? Negativity makes me sad, especially when most of it is just
"I don't like this"

Well I squee a lot over cute things.

Jintor

"I don't like this"

Not today, I think.

K-On gaf is where you want to go if you want unabashed, almost poisonously sweet positivity 24/7. AnimeGAF tends to fluctuate in and out of it in cycles.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"I don't like this"
all of my posts are super positive.

Theonik

Not today, I think.

K-On gaf is where you want to go if you want unabashed, almost poisonously sweet positivity 24/7. AnimeGAF tends to fluctuate in and out of it in cycles.
People just can't handle the truth.

This would own with the Kaiji narrator.
That would be amazing, though our story would be said from the perspective of the person waiting at the DMV rather than the employee.

cnet128

Banned
"I don't like this"

I'm positive about most things!

When I start getting negative, it's usually because I'm getting irritated by other people being negative.

...That or I'm watching the Danganronpa anime.

Theonik

cajunator

Banned
i think im past that state. reached some sort of personal anime zen state.

I just don't remember or bother with shows that infuriate me. probably why my mal score is pretty high.

Mine is as well. Hardly ever rate anything below a 6.

PhotoKano and Steins;Gate. Both for good reason though. Ones despicable, the other is predictable. And NOT one of the top 50 anime of all time -_-

Ouch.
I looooove Steins;Gate. Ah well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"I don't like this"
Watch anything related to Kunihiko Ikuhara or Junichi Satou and you'll get nothing but love. <3

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Mine is as well. Hardly ever rate anything below a 6.

Ouch.
I looooove Steins;Gate. Ah well.

I love Steins;Gates characters! Well, some of them. Well... 2 of them. Well... one of them. Hmmm... I like it's... Y'know, I'm trying pretty hard here but, I'm doing the same thing I did the first time I reviewed it. I started at an 8/10 and then 1 month and 3 post later it went all the way down to a 5/10. It's not like it'd "bad". It's just that on linear list of shows that are good, this falls on the borderline between good and bad. A strange twilight zone of sorts, it dwells in the realm of mediocrity, never being able to be classified as good or bad, forever lost...

What? I need to go back to sleep.

cnet128

Banned
Watch anything related to Kunihiko Ikuhara or Junichi Satou and you'll get nothing but love. <3

Hmmm...

Precure is related to Ikuhara if you go degrees of separation! (Ikuhara worked on Sailor Moon, which was made by Toei, who also made Precure. You could also connect it to Satou in exactly the same way.)

That's good enough justification for me! Go watch all of Precure! xp

"I don't like this"

I guess a few of us are more positive than others. I think I rarely say anything that is really all that negative, unless Im watching something that is just plain not in what I consider actually good anime, which, this season, there isnt anything like that. Best summer in years cause Free, Makai Ouji, and Hakkenden are running.

Next episode should start the
tournament arc
(omg, spoilers), things should get interesting.
wIomdIm.jpg

Is there ever a magazine cover for Free that I just dont ever want to print out and pin to my wall. Want. (Rin smile even).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom