• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi 33
ibhFWa6M5kPEEU.png

Solving Japan's birth problem one sibling at a time. 1 year gap too zawa
Bad item get. Also this lala wauauauwa scene was amazing. I need a loop as my ringtone.
Ojamajo Pop has insane potential to be a frightening witch as they prove again and again.

It'd be kind of neat if anime had the longevity to do a 7up type story, even if the time frame was compressed. Random single OVAs about these characters coming every year just updating their lives for a bit. But of course, I'm the only one who would want that!

Sounds like the random OAV episodes of Seitokai Yakuindomo that comes out here and there. Expect without the advancement in their lives!

Neo C.

I really missed AnimeGAF. Went to Japan for 3 and half weeks, was busy all the time, and no internet in my dorm. Aargh!
Other than that, the stay was nice, love Japanese girls. :3

And look what I got as souvenirs:
A big Shirahoshi, and a bunch of midsize figurines (Karen, Tsukihi, Senjougahara and Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari, Nico Robin from One Piece, and Gintoki from Gintama). (^.^)

Hnnnng.

cnet128

Banned
I really missed AnimeGAF. Went to Japan for 3 and half weeks, was busy all the time, and no internet in my dorm. Aargh!
Other than that, the stay was nice, love Japanese girls. :3

And look what I got as souvenirs:

Mmm, that Shirahoshi does look nice. And yay Fire Sisters.

Heysoos

WATAMOTE

"When I grow up, I'm gonna marry you, Onee-chan!"

"You can't. Brothers and sisters can't get married."

:lol

The recording. Oh god lol.

Novid

Banned
Ok seriously, WTF is your deal with Crunchyroll? I see you constantly bring them up completely unprovoked and your rants against them never make any goddamn sense. Did the owner of the site run over your dog/cat or something? It's borderline creepy given how little sense your posts about them ever make.

Crunchyroll and Megaupload did one and the same thing.

Who got arrested and who got supported?

but the Cures keep beating them. If they just picked up the notes, and then just left until they found a new one, they could've gone through with almost zero conflict.

Yeah you're right but ..do you want 0 conflict ? 50 eps of precure without conflicts ?
50 eps of hibiki & kanade playing piano together ? 50 eps of baking cupcakes ? 50 eps of ...

It's a stupid reason but that's what they came up with to last 50 eps.

Yeah you're right but ..do you want 0 conflict ? 50 eps of precure without conflicts ?
50 eps of hibiki & kanade playing piano together ? 50 eps of baking cupcakes ? 50 eps of ...

It's a stupid reason but that's what they came up with to last 50 eps.

I don't know, Ojamajo Doremi does pretty well without resorting to violence. Not to mention character development is pretty bad to begin with in Suite, they can actually bother to do that. Small conflicts here or there, but they'd need one last conflict
to get their G Clefs in order to revive Noise.

or 50 episodes with scenarios leading to Hibiki and Kanade squishing vaginas, but that obviously won't happen

Tenumi

Banned

Which one went legit and quit all "illegal" acts, though?

Fresh Pretty Cure: 18

Uh... guys, animation budget....

This episode was one of those designed to get your emotions going. Cheer for the little girl getting to meet her idols.

WE'RE BACK! AND WE HAVE A NEW TRICK! MAGICAL ANIMEGAF IS TEN TIMES AS SLICK AS THE LAST TIME! THE LAST TIME WE SAW THEM! NOW WE CAN SEE WHY WE REALLY ADORE THEM

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 8

Visuals back to garbage tier. Everything else was great though per the usual and reminds me just how special this could have been if the art/animation was up to par with the rest of the show.

Gintama 66

ZL28VYcl.png

Gintoki sure looked pissed all of a sudden. It was actually sort of jarring given how goofy he’d been all ep.

mYL7G2Pl.png

Kagura cuts like this and the previous episode have been golden.
lost it at the Odd Jobs crew participating for the sake of a free meal
also at the assembly line to feed Kagura

One Piece 66

4jmCflXl.png

How awesome? So awesome.

that feeling when you realize the villains of the week are more compelling than the main cast

Tenumi

Banned
Fresh Pretty Cure: 19 & 20

Well... um... that's a way to end today's watch of episodes.
The Precure collapsed on the sidewalk, ambulance sirens slowly getting louder.

Looks like 4th Precure will be added soon!

Fresh Pretty Cure: 19 & 20

Well... um... that's a way to end today's watch of episodes.
The Precure collapsed on the sidewalk, ambulance sirens slowly getting louder.

Looks like 4th Precure will be added soon!

That scene was probably one of my most favorite moments in the franchise.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After having actually played KI:U, I'm extremely in favor of this.

As long as they kept the game cast and writing team it would be one of the best anime dubs of all time too.
Sakamoto will write the screenplay

Not the Metroid guy,
the cat from Nichijou

cnet128

Banned
I wish I had this mentality.

It's simple logics!

Inu to Hasami 8

Fight scenes continue to be bizarre as all fuck. Natsuno's dere levels are shooting through the roof (though dog-boy is still too oblivious to notice). Makishi-sama is still SHINYYYYY (and her bodyguards are apparently still hanging around to heartily agree with her every word even when she's in the onsen...) And as for masochist-girl...let's not speak of her. Yeah. That's probably for the best.

Uchouten Kazoku 7

DRAMA.
It was nice to see Yajirou in human form for once, even if it was super brief and only in flashback.

Novid

Banned
Which one went legit and quit all "illegal" acts, though?

Legitimacy by Government decree? (Tell me who owns Ventrock, parson, who?) The same government that used RIAA and MPAA that forced a Minnesota woman to pay nearly half a million dollars? The same folk that rampaged SOPA and PIPA down our throats? The same motherfuckers who created a Children's TV ACT of 1991 to save the inner city youth when it did the reverse? Who cant figure out if Snowden is a traitor or a hero? LEGIT UNDER WHICH GODFORSAKING AUTHORITY? The Otaku that got blue balled by Oremio THATS WHO.

Ojamajo Doremi 37

A girl's worst nightmare

Magic Frogs be blown out of the kingdom and it's up to Doremi and Friends to stop it. Meanwhile Onpu is styling and profiling and taking Pop for the ride as they're both the masters of the art.
Abandoned frogs why

Ojamajo Doremi 38

A Boy and His Monsters.

Dude's a massive otaku to the point that everyone hates him now. Gotta fix this
good job summoning a giant fucking monster. You're lucky no one died.

Mr.Jeff

New PV for Hisako-Kanemoto-meets-furry-fox-spirit Fall anime Gingitsune:
Gingitsune.vid
Those are some weird haristyles for her schoolgirl friends. Less impressed by the moody looking male teenager halfway through the video.

There's 8+ uncovered LNs iirc and yeah, it sold a ton. Should get more without a doubt.
That's still not really a guarantee though. Look at Haruhi. "Bound to be a new season next summer!" they said. Although I'll admit that's probably more down to a break down in negotiations between the authour and they powers that be,

So basically you are forever mad at Crunchyroll because in the past it was aiding pirates and now it has gone legit?

Legitimacy by Government decree? (Tell me who owns Ventrock, parson, who?) The same government that used RIAA and MPAA that forced a Minnesota woman to pay nearly half a million dollars? The same folk that rampaged SOPA and PIPA down our throats? The same motherfuckers who created a Children's TV ACT of 1991 to save the inner city youth when it did the reverse? Who cant figure out if Snowden is a traitor or a hero? LEGIT UNDER WHICH GODFORSAKING AUTHORITY? The Otaku that got blue balled by Oremio THATS WHO.

Oh.... looooooooool

Articalys

That's still not really a guarantee though. Look at Haruhi. "Bound to be a new season next summer!" they said. Although I'll admit that's probably more down to a break down in negotiations between the authour and they powers that be,
This article was linked before, but it explains rather well the history of the Haruhi anime franchise beyond the first seasona and why there's been nothing since the Disappearance movie. The whole thing is well worth a read, but the short of it is: not necessarily anything to do with negoations per se, but be it a writing slump or whatever circumstances, the fact is Nagaru Tanigawa only published a single new Haruhi novel since 2007, and with no indications of anything more substantial coming from him in the future, there's no reason to make more anime because there's no ongoing novel series to promote. (A side factor is that KyoAni has been steadily moving towards their own productions rather than adaptations in the last few years, and without their support a new Haruhi anime likely wouldn't be nearly as meaningful to the fans who may want to purchase it.)

Meh, I don't even really want a new season of Haruhi.

Instead if they are gonna adapt anything from that franchise, they should adapt The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato. All that moe.

cnet128

Banned
Quick, gotta get a few more impressions in before GAF disappears off the face of the planet again...!

Hunter x Hunter 93

Awwwwwww yiss. This shit is so goooooood. NEXT EPISODE NOW PLS.

Meruem pays a friendly little visit to Kim Jong-Il.
"Have you ever listened to a pig or a cow when it begs for its life?"

Palm and Gon
become a couple and go on a cute date, where Palm reveals her TRUE FORM

Cheetu enjoys a tasty little snack.
Mmmmmm, fingers.

And Killua is just generally badass as fuck.
This kid is no Saya. When he says "PROTECT", he means it.
...Even if it means becoming a creepy stalker.

Watamote 7

Oh god. This show landed a critical hit on me for the first time.
I couldn't listen to her saying her request for the voice actor all in one go. I had to pause the video. It was just so mortifying.
Such a great scene though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom