• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
obgJKCs.png

(Sorry)

I don't know what I expected

Branduil

Episode 4 of Humanity Has Declined was a pretty good commentary on the state of manga/LN writing, even if it wasn't the best episode as entertainment.

Metrotab

Banned
Watamote - 7

Ohhh, the cringe, for God's sake, the cringe!

My vacations used to be eventless too. Now they're slightly less eventless.

Episode 4 of Humanity Has Declined was a pretty good commentary on the state of manga/LN writing, even if it wasn't the best episode as entertainment.

That episode was probably my favorite Jintai episode. All that commentary, plus Miyuki Sawashiro as the Mediator's childhood friend.

Really oughta rewatch that someday.

I think it's kinda interesting that the author of the LNs, Romeo Tanaka, was the scenario writer for several eroge.

I'm kinda salty that the Jintai LNs seem to be cursed with regard to fan translations. Apparently someone started another attempt at doing it this year, but it's only the first chapter (and a first draft at that), and it'll probably not go anywhere.

I wish I had enough self-discipline to actually buckle down and learn Japanese for real. I started last year, and was making decent progress, but then some stuff happened around Christmas, and I've been slacking off basically this entire year.

Sukitte Ii na yo OVA

poDRUowl.jpg

Well at least we didn't get introduced to a new girl/guy/whatever whose sole purpose is to ruin the one true pairing before joining up with the gang like this is some jRPG.

It's was ok.

Instro

Silver Spoon 1-6

I haven't really had a chance to comment on this show, but I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying it an awful lot. I wasn't particularly impressed by the first episode or so, but I feel like the show built on itself very quickly that by the 3rd episode I was loving it. The cast is an interesting mix of personalities, often very at odds with Hachiken, and I've really enjoyed watching how quickly they have all banded together. The last few episodes have been a blast to watch. The pizza making, the late night shenanigans, Hachiken's struggles with life at the school and the slow reveal of backgrounds on various character's backgrounds. I really feel like all aspects of the show have been clicking for quite a few weeks now.

Smile Precure 40

Tell us Brian. What were all these things Akane did to you in Japan?

Forget speaking English properly, he can't even write it! And he's English!

Time for speculation! I mean it did fade out towards the end. Maybe there was a little bit more time before he had to leave.

Jarmel

Banned
Presumably, the submissions just didn't meet the standards they had set themselves. If you consider the number of Light Novel adaptations in recent years (most recently those 5 series which have been announced to be made into anime) a common theme which occurs to me is an otherwise interesting enough premise but ruined by the need to feature the more common ideas of wish fulfillment that exist in bad anime or doujins - namely cloistered men who are a bit like anime/game nerds but still somehow having good looks ending up swarming through rivers of teenager girls throwing themselves at him because of [PLOT]. Like this.

While KyoAni can do a lot of things, they can't work miracles on bad material (although they try their hardest on Key).

A few noteworthy series do make it through but really, it highlights the problem that good writers are hard to find.

All of this is purely my own thoughts on it.

That's partly why I'm so meh on a lot of KyoAni's original productions. The writing just doesn't seem that interesting. If the writing for future shows is going to be like Tamako, Chuu, or Free then my interest in KyoAni is going from an already low number to even lower levels.

Novid

Banned
They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need a second season of Neptunia. Call it e3 warz or something.

All that American money on that table son.

That's partly why I'm so meh on a lot of KyoAni's original productions. The writing just doesn't seem that interesting. If the writing for future shows is going to be like Tamako, Chuu, or Free then my interest in KyoAni is going from an already low number to even lower levels.

I can't wait to be extremely disappointed with Kyoukai no Kanata.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Haruhi S2
Wow, so Kyon and gang are stuck in some kind of time loop. I really hope they'll be able to break out of it soon!

Is that supposed to be you saying something along the lines of
OOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD?

New to GAF and new to here. I've watched EE 3 times -_-

cajunator

Banned
I really missed AnimeGAF. Went to Japan for 3 and half weeks, was busy all the time, and no internet in my dorm. Aargh!
Other than that, the stay was nice, love Japanese girls. :3

And look what I got as souvenirs:

A big Shirahoshi, and a bunch of midsize figurines (Karen, Tsukihi, Senjougahara and Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari, Nico Robin from One Piece, and Gintoki from Gintama). (^.^)

Hnnnng.

Nice pick- ups!
Hopefully I can score some awesome stuff at Mechacon this weekend.

And I want a full 52 episodes series based on the Shaft's Kid Icarus short anime.

kianime1xwb3o.jpg

Dont we all!
Hell I would settle for them simply releasing the Nintendo shorts somewhere.

cajunator

Banned
Looks like I'm still doing my job well.

Indeed you are!

Goddamn, NeoGAF was out for a long time. I don't even know what kind of news dropped.

Nothing of great importance really.

It's practically that, but with more fun and a bit less explosions. It's a wonderful combination of fun and fuwafuwa.

That's basically it, but it takes itself way less seriously than any battle manga and has absolutely no shame which makes it a pretty damn entertaining watch.

Fair enough, though the second season and movie are definitely better than the first season. Please give it another chance because it's a great show!

She shares the crown with the lovely Perrine and I don't think I can ever decide.

Well you surely sold me on Sanya!

Watamote - 6

This one hit a bit close to me. I started socializing way too late in high school, and by then I had missed all the parties and events that truly bond a group.

Never got invited anywhere either. Makes me feel a bit sad when I think about it.

Same. I didnt really come out of my shell until College.
But I had a lot of fun.

AIR - 2

Look at them gams! But seriously, Blondie's precious.

This show is really comfy to watch. Soft color tones, soft moods with some light humour, great music. Also, all the older women are hot!

That scene at the end was creepy though. Thought it was a ghost girl or something.

characters in show may be sadder than they appear

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sukitte Ii na yo OVA

http://i.imgur.com/poDRUowl.jpg

Well at least we didn't get introduced to a new girl/guy/whatever whose sole purpose is to ruin the one true pairing before joining up with the gang like this is some jRPG.

It's was ok.
I think you've been traumatized by all those Tales games or something.

Is that supposed to be you saying something along the lines of
OOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD?

New to GAF and new to here. I've watched EE 3 times -_-
Why would you watch it 3 times? lol

cajunator

Banned
Wait... is this also a gigantic mashup of a thread of every anime airing this season?

Yes this thread encompasses everything past and present in anime.

MoonPhase - 1

HNNNNG this main character is too adorable. And I can't remember the last time I saw a supernatural show where people fire colorful doom lasers from little pieces of paper. So that's one good way to start your anime.

Yes. Hazuki is perfect. shes absolutely adorable and one of the greatest creations ever.
Funimation released a great quality set long ago and they really should rescue the license.

santeesioux

I really dont have a clue how the regions work or whatever.
Would that disc play in a Ps3 or normal player?

Depends on the region, and whether the disc is region free. The UK is region 2, but i buy all kinds of region free blu rays off of Amazon UK because they are so much cheaper.

cajunator

Banned
Depends on the region, and whether the disc is region free. The UK is region 2, but i buy all kinds of region free blu rays off of Amazon UK because they are so much cheaper.

All the region stuff is so confusing. I may eventually bite the bullet on some things that seem like they will never get released here.

santeesioux

All the region stuff is so confusing. I may eventually bite the bullet on some things that seem like they will never get released here.

Yeah, i kind of hope with both new game consoles going region free that crap will go away. I think Japan is the same region as the US, but you should probably research more before you buy anything like that.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Japan is region 1 too, right?

Japan is Region 2 for DVDs.

Wikipedia DVD Region Codes said:
0: Region-Free/Worldwide

1: United States, Canada, Bermuda, Caribbean, U.S. territories

2: Europe, Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories

3: Southeast Asia, Philippines South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau

4: South America, Central America, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea and much of Oceania

5: Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Africa (except Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, and Lesotho), Central and South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea

6: China

7: Reserved for future use, MPAA-related DVDs and "media copies" of pre-releases in Asia

8: International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, etc.

If we are talking BluRays, they are Region A (the same as the US).

A: Includes most North, Central and South American countries and South-east Asian countries including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and Korea

B: Includes most European and Middle Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

C: Includes the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as China, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan

Syrinx

Smile Precure 41

I think the Red Demon has a bit of a point when he said something was off about Yayoi looking up to a fictional character she herself created. But I guess that can happen when one tries to create a character whom they perceive possesses the qualities they themselves lack. But Yayoi grew a bit this episode, so hopefully she won't have to draw as much inspiration from Miracle Peace and just face things the way she is now.

santeesioux

Blu Rays and DVDS are different, from Amazon:

Standard DVDs
Region 1: U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt
Region 3:Southeast Asia, East Asia, including Hong Kong
Region 4:Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean
Region 5:Former Soviet Union, Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
Region 6:China

Blu-ray Discs
Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
Region B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Region C/3: India, Nepal, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia.

cajunator

Banned
Blu Rays and DVDS are different, from Amazon:

Standard DVDs
Region 1: U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt
Region 3:Southeast Asia, East Asia, including Hong Kong
Region 4:Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean
Region 5:Former Soviet Union, Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
Region 6:China

Blu-ray Discs
Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
Region B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Region C/3: India, Nepal, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia.

Thanks for the info. appreciated!

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, i kind of hope with both new game consoles going region free that crap will go away. I think Japan is the same region as the US, but you should probably research more before you buy anything like that.

Im pretty sure the two consoles will find some way to fuck it up.

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 7 – Pillar 7 - Party and Battle
tumblr_mrv2hkhNar1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mrv2hkhNar1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Every episode gets more and more BL, which is pretty cool and pleasing actually. And with all four + two involved I hope to expect many more scenes. Solomon though really drives the point too, the way he looks and Dantalion looking at him and both blushing so hard. Setting it at an all boys school even too is good. Beyond that though the plot is getting deeper and more compelling
Didnt understand why they would want to kill the elector when all of their underlings are already into William Twining, just didnt seem possible that it would have a way of coming to pass. Especially with Kevin there.

Cwarrior

I'm pretty sure episode 239 of gintama is the greatest episode of an anime ever.

Can I skip to it and get whats going on or do have to endure 209 more episode that all probably put me to sleep 209 times

Boring errands and throw away poor sob story's aren't my thing.

Ojamajo Doremi 42

This is Onpu. This is the face of a mischievous adorable. Unforatunely, with the way things are
with her abusing magic to alter people's mind, it's practically setting up what the final episodes will be. Her charm (the object, not her) is wearing thing.

MAJO RANGER WOW. Doremi's into this stuff big time. So is the kid of the episode, wow. At least he got along with that one dude at the end. Violence DOES solve everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom