• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi 44

KxzkL96.jpg

There's something wrong with this.

A kid worships a wrestler name Candy, who promptly gets her Candy ass handed to her because of shoelaces. Clearly the works of a Cursed item!

Character of the week's brother is an asshole. Actually I kinda applaud the fact that Ojamajo Doremi acknowledges that kids are massive assholes on a constant basis... and isn't ashame to display that. But I could be giving it too much credit here.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 08
This outfit was inferior to the last IMO. Still I can see why Cajun likes it.
Rival stuff is kinda annoying hope the angst doesn't interfere with the rest of the show.
Edit: I forgot to mention, notable was also Kero-chan's Baka/aho kansai thing. That was cool.

Sometimes the frame in Doremi extends lower than the animators intended.
In other words :Toei?
His feet are also messed up but less easy to tell due to his pose.

cajunator

Banned
Nice photoshop. Wish it was real.

I would buy gallons of it.

Cardcaptor Sakura 08
This outfit was inferior to the last IMO. Still I can see why Cajun likes it.
Rival stuff is kinda annoying hope the angst doesn't interfere with the rest of the show.
Edit: I forgot to mention, notable was also Kero-chan's Baka/aho kansai thing. That was cool.

In other words :Toei?
His feet are also messed up but less easy to tell due to his pose.

To each his own I suppose. What was episode 07s outfit? I forget.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 09
This episode had something for everyone :dtl, :sdburton, and :Cajun. (Later is subdued compared to last ep though)
The age difference angle continues to somewhat weird me out though
although student x teacher is not a new thing at all, the show really loves these relationships though
Perhaps :clamp should be sufficient for this but I felt I had to note it separately.

cnet128

Banned
Kirisaki Daīchi

That's some ugly romanisation right there >.>

Let's not use macrons across morpheme boundaries please. I'm pretty sure there's no romanisation system that permits that. (In fact, Hepburn says that i-with-macron in particular should only be used in katakana words. So no "onī-chan"s or anything like that either ~.~)

jbug617

Banned
That's some ugly romanisation right there >.>

Let's not use macrons across morpheme boundaries please. I'm pretty sure there's no romanisation system that permits that. (In fact, Hepburn says that i-with-macron in particular should only be used in katakana words. So no "onī-chan"s or anything like that either ~.~)

it was a copy and paste from the wiki because i couldn't remember how to spell the school name

CorvoSol

I wish Death and Rebirth/End of Evangelion would get a proper DVD and/or BD release (with at least English subs) instead of the crappy Manga Entertainment release.

Was Death and Rebirth any good? I think I skipped it the last time I watched Eva because I didn't think it was anything new or worth seeing and no one said I needed to.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's not My Fault that I'm not Popular Episodes 5-7

Man this girl is terrible lol.

Her wasting her summer vacation hit too close to home though.

Did someone post a gif of that scene where she is listening to the recording on her bed? That could be used a lot on this forum.

The brother having a nervous breakdown after seeing a homevideo of him and Tomoko being kids made me laugh.

The mom just standing there while the audio recording was playing was hilarious.. How the hell did Tomoko not notice the headphones were not plugged in?

Was Death and Rebirth any good? I think I skipped it the last time I watched Eva because I didn't think it was anything new or worth seeing and no one said I needed to.

Despite Evangelion being one of my all-time favorites, I've never seen Death and Rebirth because as far as I know, it's just a compilation movie with some new footage (that was eventually included in the Director's Cut episodes anyway), plus the first part of what eventually became End of Evangelion.

BluWacky

Anyone here watched Darker Than Black? Heard it was a good science-fiction action series, decided to pick it up.

Yes. And it is. The first 26 episode series is vastly superior to the sequel which most prefer to ignore, but the first season is definitely worth your time.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 10
So it runs in the family I see.
Also I guess that means that
Sakura and tomoyo are actually related which would make this (albeit unintentional) yuri incest
That's quite a bit of backstory we got this episode. :dtl and :sdburton still going strong too I see.
Pretty good episode.

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 09
This episode had something for everyone :dtl, :sdburton, and :Cajun. (Later is subdued compared to last ep though)
The age difference angle continues to somewhat weird me out though
although student x teacher is not a new thing at all, the show really loves these relationships though
Perhaps :clamp should be sufficient for this but I felt I had to note it separately.

CCS explores a few taboos rather lightheartedly. Its completely benign in nature but definitely there.

It's you Fault I'm not Popular Episodes 5-7

Man this girl is terrible lol.

Her wasting her summer vacation hit too close to home though.

Did someone post a gif of that scene where she is listening to the recording on her bed? That could be used a lot on this forum.

The brother having a nervous breakdown after seeing a homevideo of him and Tomoko being kids made me laugh.

The mom just standing there while the audio recording was playing was hilarious.. How the hell did Tomoko not notice the headphones were not plugged in?

Yep Ive wasted away (and continue to) much free time doing next to nothing. Nowadays its more because work is just plain exhausting.
I have indeed listened to things which may or may not be embarassing through my mic port by accident heehee.

Anyone here watched Darker Than Black? Heard it was a good science-fiction action series, decided to pick it up.

Its alright. People say the second series is godawful and it kinda is but Suou is ADORABLE. So it has merit too.

Hugstable

Banned
I got a lot of free time on my hands recently and I wanted to get a few recommendations for some Anime. I haven't watched much Anime throughout my Lifetime, but the few series I have watched that sparked my interest ended up becoming shows I will remember and watch again for a lifetime. There is just so much stuff out there that I don't even know where to start to look for good Anime.

My favorites and the only series I have seen are: (I may have a lot of spelling errors.)

Gurren Laggan
Baccanoo
Cannan
Black Lagoon
Samurai Shampoo

and recently Attack on Titan. I got the 14 trial from Crunchyroll and I might sub for a few months if I'm able to find some good stuff. I like stuff that isn't too long and has a great story with good action and animation. If a show is somewhat longer than the usual 20-40 episodes or so, I might be down if it's truly worth the investment.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Turn A Gundam 1-12

Tomino really likes nonsexual nudity
Was Loran supposed to be Laura before executive meddling kicked in?

The white doll looks like a boar every time it appears on screen, I almost can't take it seriously :(

Narag

I got a lot of free time on my hands recently and I wanted to get a few recommendations for some Anime. I haven't watched much Anime throughout my Lifetime, but the few series I have watched that sparked my interest ended up becoming shows I will remember and watch again for a lifetime. There is just so much stuff out there that I don't even know where to start to look for good Anime.

My favorites and the only series I have seen are: (I may have a lot of spelling errors.)

Gurren Laggan
Baccanoo
Cannan
Black Lagoon
Samurai Shampoo

and recently Attack on Titan. I got the 14 trial from Crunchyroll and I might sub for a few months if I'm able to find some good stuff. I like stuff that isn't too long and has a great story with good action and animation. If a show is somewhat longer than the usual 20-40 episodes or so, I might be down if it's truly worth the investment.

Get thee to Cowboy Bebop.

cajunator

Banned

Gurren Laggan
Baccanoo
Cannan
Black Lagoon
Samurai Shampoo

Steins;Gate, Fate Zero

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yep Ive wasted away (and continue to) much free time doing next to nothing. Nowadays its more because work is just plain exhausting.
I have indeed listened to things which may or may not be embarassing through my mic port by accident heehee.

tumblr_mq1jpb9Kq61sr5z5ao1_r5_500.gif

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 1-12

Tomino really likes nonsexual nudity
Was Loran supposed to be Laura before executive meddling kicked in?

The white doll looks like a boar every time it appears on screen, I almost can't take it seriously :(

Yeah, lots of nonsexual nudity, but where I am in the series they've more or less ended that.

Everyone tells me that Loran was supposed to be Laura before execs started meddling.

White Doll is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom