• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

A friend of mine watched the Eva 3.0 movie and posted a status update which was essentially 'that was weird'.

The comments thread is now dominated by two anime duders making book-length posts at each other and getting increasingly more hostile

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 11
Nadeshiko was moe as hell no wonder she's bitter about it now. I feel for tomoyo too. That outfit was great. Why did Sakura not wear it?
Tomoyo's mom is amazing btw if I haven't mentioned it already. Also Kerro chan and the cake.

My Little Witch Academia Blu-Ray just arrived in the mail!

The book is really cool. It has a lot of storyboards and sketches, the full script, and some interviews. There's even a helpful little string to hold your place, which can't be expensive, but I'm glad it's there. You can see what sort of things the young animators were responsible for. 110 glorious color pages in all.

Haven't gotten to the disk and soundtrack themselves yet, but receiving this definitely made my day.
It's a shame they only offer EMS shipping for it. Kind of a deal breaker.

duckroll

A friend of mine watched the Eva 3.0 movie and posted a status update which was essentially 'that was weird'.

The comments thread is now dominated by two anime duders making book-length posts at each other and getting increasingly more hostile

You should kill it with fire before it's too late for them.

Jintor

Watching two people who don't know each other except by this common person war on facebook is among the weirder experiences of this digital age

Kazzy

Sounds about right.

Not that I can talk, having posted that [URL="hhttp://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=57690864]lengthy tirade![/url]

cajunator

Banned
I don't really want to think about NSA agents reading this thread.

Whether they do or dont I highly doubt they consider anyone in here a viable threat.

Anime sucks. Be a real man and preorder GTAV instead.

Fuck Grand Theft Auto >_

It's a good thing Glass Fleet isn't 50 episodes long, as I'm kinda thinking I should drop it again. Show just doesn't interest me much at all.

I think you over indulged on anime on the List and so Glass Fleet didnt have the desired effect.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 326 – Four Tails, the King of Sage Monkeys
tumblr_mrxjyfwPy51qbxqfpo1_500.png

Why only in the first thirty seconds of the episode, wanted so much more of my favorites, Suigetsu even, and Sasuke. Rest of the episode was hilarious
inner Kurama drama and his feelings on his Naruto

cajunator

Banned
Watamote - 7

Episode started off slow, but ended up decent.

Definitely reminds me of more than a few completely uneventful summers I've had.

Yeah Ive blown through several summers that way. Doing next to nothing. Dad absolutely hated it until I moved out.

My Little Witch Academia Blu-Ray just arrived in the mail!

The book is really cool. It has a lot of storyboards and sketches, the full script, and some interviews. There's even a helpful little string to hold your place, which can't be expensive, but I'm glad it's there. You can see what sort of things the young animators were responsible for. 110 glorious color pages in all.

Haven't gotten to the disk and soundtrack themselves yet, but receiving this definitely made my day.

Im not saying Im jealous but IM FUCKIN JEALOUS :(

cajunator

Banned
Welp Im about to head to New Orleans for Mechacon. Yay for anime conventions. hope it goes alright. First time going to a convention outside my own city.

Simple Naruto plot outline:

Naruto still hasn't hooked up with Sakura or Hinata.
Rock Lee still has a stupid large fan base because eyebrows.
Sauce is now more powerful than Jesus.
Naruto still isn't a Hitokage or whatever those guys were.
Ash Ketchum will never be a Pokemon Master.

Seven hundred episodes and nothing has changed since the pilot.

Whenever the main character's goal in an anime is to "become the very best like no one ever was" you know you're just asking for a super long franchise where nothing important happens.

One Piece did it correctly by having the rule be: "if you wanna be the very best, you gotta find this thing!" That way it feels like the journey has some substance and the goal is more feasible.

Fairy Tail also puts a twist on it by having the characters start off as "the very best like no one ever was". And part of the rest of the show involves them trying to keep their popularity and status.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 12
My worst fears have been confirmed.
So Chinese dude keeps the time card. Laaaaame.
Well we did get the outfit they teased last time at least. It's as godly as I imagined. Fairy sakura's the best.
Also at least Chinese kid was owned by sakura's dad.

In our-box-art-is-better-than-your-box-art news, here's the box art for the UK release of the back half of Steins;Gate:
BSG8JNoIgAAYySz.png:large

I don't know, I wouldn't say that's better than what Funi released in the US.

I dont know about that, I always dislike it when artists would try to cram as many characters as possible on the art. Just feels lazy.

I actually tend to agree, though for me it's because that creates too much visual noise.

Welp Im about to head to New Orleans for Mechacon. Yay for anime conventions. hope it goes alright. First time going to a convention outside my own city.

Ooooh have fun Cajun!

cajunator

Banned
Are you watching gatchaman crowds ?

That girl is cajun-tier

She is but Hajime is the BEST. SO much genki.

In our-box-art-is-better-than-your-box-art news, here's the box art for the UK release of the back half of Steins;Gate:
BSG8JNoIgAAYySz.png:large

Hmm. I like the US release boxart A LOT. Not really feeling that one.

I don't know, I wouldn't say that's better than what Funi released in the US.

I actually tend to agree, though for me it's because that creates too much visual noise.

Ooooh have fun Cajun!

I will :D
Ill still post sometimes. They have hi speed access from the hotel.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 13
Strength is the cutest card ever oh my god.
Also Lee sure is gullible and that other kid is :dtl as fuck.
More creepy candy giving action too and teacher stuff in this ep.
That picture too. Sakura strong.

Doremi is Alt-Usagi, Pop is Alt-Chibiusa, Hazuki is Proto-Tsubomi, and Aiko is Better-Erika.

Next is Ojamajo Doremi Sharp!
Pop is awesome, Chiniusa is shit. Don't see this one.

Even though I've only seen like 4 episodes of Steins Gate, I thought the shrine maiden was the most adorable character I've ever seen. Too bad
I found out she was a he and once again anime shattered my dreams.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 14
That play. wwwwwwwwwwwwww
Episode is once again filled with :DTL.
Sakura's no Onii-chan no baka!
why'd he have to reject her? The "I like someone else" sure was ominous. Judging from the show it's either sakura or glasses guy which is rather err I don't know.

Watch S and Supers.
I'll rewatch them eventually. Doubt I'll change my mind though.

How? Did you order through the store last week, or did you get it some other way? Mine hasn't shipped for the store yet.
He's in Japan IIRC.

sonicmj1

How? Did you order through the store last week, or did you get it some other way? Mine hasn't shipped for the store yet.

I'm in Japan, so it shipped earlier.

The making of documentary was good. See for yourself where Trigger sets up the sleeping bags when animators can't leave the studio!

e_i

I'm in Japan, so it shipped earlier.

The making of documentary was good. See for yourself where Trigger sets up the sleeping bags when animators can't leave the studio!

Okay. Can post screens of any of the color pictures in the art book?

Articalys

Hahahaha what
In an interview on Japanese television channel TBS's Ō-sama no Brunch program, Ghibli director Hayao Miyazaki revealed that he is open to the possibility of a Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind film sequel. However, he would leave such a hypothetical project in the hands of Evangelion director Hideaki Anno.

When asked if he was interested in making a continuation or part 2 of Nausicaä, he replied, “No, I don't. I don't really feel like doing it, but Anno keeps on saying, 'I want to do it! I want to do it!,' so I tell him now that I've come to think lately that if he wanted to do it, it would be fine for him to do it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom