• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

what? was hoping, even if chances are slim, shu and raku would be on material.
Understood, but I need to remind you that for a standard harem series like this, male characters besides the MC are not typically a priority to feature on any promo art except on very special occasions (like the original anime announcement color spread).

Novid

Banned
How would you guys redesign Noire, Uni and Vert for next gen?

(I didn't know that the creator of Neptunia is a female?)

cnet128

Banned
Get to Heartcatch soon.

You say that like it's so easy. I've got what, 124 more episodes to get through before that! Plus four movies!

And believe me, if I had the time, I would sit down and marathon those episodes without hesitation. (Well...maybe not all of them at once. That might actually kill me. But you know what I mean.)

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 14
That play. wwwwwwwwwwwwww
Episode is once again filled with :DTL.
Sakura's no Onii-chan no baka!
why'd he have to reject her? The "I like someone else" sure was ominous. Judging from the show it's either sakura or glasses guy which is rather err I don't know.
I'm curious as to where you're coming from when you say
you're worried that Toya feels that way about Sakura. I didn't get that impression for one second during the show.

cnet128

Banned
you're worried that Toya feels that way about Sakura. I didn't get that impression for one second during the show.

I think it's reasonable to suspect anyone of feeling that way about Sakura. Incest, gender, age and even species boundaries be damned.

I mean, she's Sakura. Who can resist that level of cuteness?

You say that like it's so easy. I've got what, 124 more episodes to get through before that! Plus four movies!

And believe me, if I had the time, I would sit down and marathon those episodes without hesitation. (Well...maybe not all of them at once. That might actually kill me. But you know what I mean.)

Four movies??

Hmmm

Yes 5 movie
GoGo Movie
All Stars DX GoGo Special (5 minutes long)
All Stars DX
Fresh Movie??

Theonik

It's a combination of him
being obsessed with his sister to the point glasses even joked about it (which would be fine in itself) , and looking at other things in the show that are definitely happening. (not to mention this IS CLAMP)

I thought we weren't going to keep talking about incest.
HUEEEEEEE?!

cnet128

Banned
Four movies??

Hmmm

Yes 5 movie
GoGo Movie
All Stars DX GoGo Special (5 minutes long)
All Stars DX
Fresh Movie??

Well, I wasn't counting the special, since as you say, it's just five minutes long (and may as well be counted as part of the GoGo movie, since they were a double feature). But otherwise yes, that's the four I was referring to.

Syrinx

It's a combination of him
being obsessed with his sister to the point glasses even joked about it (which would be fine in itself) , and looking at other things in the show that are definitely happening. (not to mention this IS CLAMP)
I don't really know what you mean by the second part, but the first part...I think you'll understand later.

Tenumi

Banned
YuruYuri S2: 05

ZkokdlG.jpg

Ah... back to the fun, adorable comedy....

Theonik

I don't really know what you mean by the second part, but the first part...I think you'll understand later.
You have a teacher student relationship, Sakura is the child of such a relationship too, several other age difference romances and CLAMP is known to pull that sort of stuff. I'm just saying that if it were the case it wouldn't surprise me at all
I'm not saying it necessarily is the case either.

Ojamajo Doremi # 1

"I did not expect to meet you all again so soon" What a load of shit.

Doremi became a mother, and we can rely on Onpu to trigger a pee on Doremi reaction when she wants to hold him. New taps, new wands, SCARVES, uniforms! So I guess they're still level 1, but are Ojamajos despite that.

Babies born from roses.... I think there's a joke in that.

Theonik

Caedcaptor Sakura 16
No cardcapting this time around but we got something better!
We get to meet Sakura's great-grandfather who is one of the kindest dudes ever. They don't really reveal the former fact eitehr until the end of the episode but it is pretty obvious. I wonder if Sakura's dad brought her there on purpose to meet him, though of course he couldn't exactly tell her and isn't in talking terms with his wife's family for very obvious reasons.
Frankly I don't blame them either, nice though the guy may be. I wish they would reconcile this relationship by the time the show ends or at least Sakura finds out. Should be interesting.
Sakura using the Rain card was sweet too.

Ojamajo Doremi #2

Onpu left them to deal with shit, lol. Beginning also showed off Doremi's mother playing piano keys, which is how she got her name.

They attempt to raise a kid, and Doremi was more effective than the others. But man, do they have a lot to go through. At least they have a tree that grows seeds.

wooooooooooow... and she was pregnant at the time.

Articalys

True but im sure both pale in comparison to japans packaging
Well, technically the UK art is some of the Japan packaging, at least for the actual BD-case covers inside the artboxes. The chosen UK art for their part 2 is the art from the case for the final JP volume, which I guess is fitting enough.

Amusingly enough, each of the first six JP volumes feature one character on the box and one on the case, but they're never the same character on both.

CorvoSol

Jesus is just nice about the fact that Sauce is more powerful than him now. The Sauce is trying to be more powerful than Goku but he doesn't have any children to neglect yet.

Whenever the main character's goal in an anime is to "become the very best like no one ever was" you know you're just asking for a super long franchise where nothing important happens.

One Piece did it correctly by having the rule be: "if you wanna be the very best, you gotta find this thing!" That way it feels like the journey has some substance and the goal is more feasible.

Fairy Tail also puts a twist on it by having the characters start off as "the very best like no one ever was". And part of the rest of the show involves them trying to keep their popularity and status.

I've considered watching One Piece once or twice, but lemme tell you, a 700 episode show is a daunting one to begin.

I thought we weren't going to keep talking about incest.

What else is there to even discuss, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom