• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 26

Not sure I'd trust Doremi and co. with that kind of responsibility. It's not about whether they'll abuse their new Pureliene computers, it's that they're not really that competent. I guess it's just a matter of stumbling upon these things and such.

Pop is a beast of a saleswoman. The Maho-dou doesn't even need the others working there anymore.

Doremi really should have gotten her steak as a reward. Or at least some money for working at the steakhouse, which she would probably then use to buy steak. Crew got shafted.

wonzo

Banned
So these lyrics for Gatchaman Crowd's opening...

3b23FMS.png

Too deep for me.
I'm pretty sure this is art:

God bless White Ash.
I can't help but imagine these with a Glaswegian accent. my sides

Brothers Conflict Episode 8 Nightmare
tumblr_mrygt3I71k1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Would keep me from becoming first rate either, all three in one scene even. Good episode at times, and at others just kind of boring when the main bros that receive all the development arent on screen.

Articalys

Who else wants the mid-week update to last week's super boring sales? Here you go.
Code:
2013 08/12~08/18 BD List
-- (*45)	*35	*,478	*25,364	**4	Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 v6
-- (*51)	*82	*,392	*24,447	*17	Love Live! v2
-- (*55)	*88	*,365	*19,570	*41	My Neighbor Totoro
-- (*56)	*79	*,362	*17,337	**9	Kotonoha no Niwa
-- (*58)	*83	*,355	*21,954	*12	Love Live! v3
-- (*59)	*61	*,352	*19,958	**4	Love Live! v5
-- (*63)	*91	*,328	*32,641	*22	Love Live! v1
-- (*68)	*81	*,309	*37,794	*65	Castle in the Sky
-- (*71)	*89	*,299	*22,038	**9	Love Live! v4
-- (*72)	*90	*,298	*17,627	*34	Kiki's Delivery Service
-- (*81)	*98	*,259	**4,626	**4	Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge
-- (*86)	*11	*,237	**3,297	**2	Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. Z v3
-- (*87)	*65	*,231	*14,114	**4	Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v7
-- (*92)	130	*,223	*31,330	*27	Naussica of the Valley of the Wind
-- (*96)	*50	*,214	**8,170	**3	Little Busters! v8
-- (*99)	*96	*,211	**8,203	**4	Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. v2

cnet128

Banned
Love Lab 8

Fun show is fun.

Riko's "mild" version was actually pretty adorable, in addition to sickening. Also hilarious. Amazing how different the same words and mannerisms can sound coming from two different girls.

The Power of Makio knows no bounds, however. Verily he is our one true hero.

wonzo

Banned
Silver Spoon 7

Mikage:
"You're just like a horse, Hachiken!"
Mikage:
"I don't want to become a farmer because I want to spend my life with horses."

Yeah, that's
basically a confession
. Right? Right?!
Silver Spoon 07

It's funny - there are a lot of little moments that, in a different series, would definitely culminate in Hachiken becoming a vegetarian, but there are larger themes and other moments that pretty much cancel them out.

Earth Maiden Arjuna, this ain't.
Silver Spoon Episodes 1-6

Another great agricultural school anime to add to the list. We are 2/2 now with Moyashimon.

I'm liking this a lot. It is really funny. The part where everyone was freaking out about the pizza was hilarious.

Don't eat Pork Bowl!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629401

smfh

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon 7

I think this is might be my favorite show of the season. Just a nice flow to the story and I enjoy the difference between the farms. While all 3 (Hikage, Komaba and Tamako) are probably going to end up taking care of the family farm you can see they have ambition to do something else with their life.

Articalys

Silver Spoon 7

I think this is might be my favorite show of the season. Just a nice flow to the story and I enjoy the difference between the farms. While all 3 (Hikage, Komaba and Tamako) are probably going to end up taking care of the family farm you can see they have ambition to do something else with their life.
I'm sorry, it's just really funny that these posts were one immediately following the other.

Patlabor TV 18

HPf1m1t.jpg

This road layout makes no sense. (Yes, that's supposed to be all one road.)

I was going to complain about the series resorting to another "celebrity joins Section 2 as guest trainee pilot" plot, but the kidnapping angle managed to take it in a different direction than the previous episode with the prince. I didn't much care for the idol character though. She's not boyish enough to get away with using "boku", and the schoolgirl lesbian teasing was too half-hearted to be of any value.

Even when he's absent for much of the episode, Goto still steals the show. His appearance at the end was marvelous.

Ojamajo Doremi #5

So how about that Cursed card plot line? That's over with now! And apparently Seki beat people up for reasons when she was a kid.

Oyajiide sure does strut his ass as he walks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Moretsu Pirates/Bodacious Space Pirates Episode 13: Right, this episode can be summed up with a single word, and that is change. Indeed, we are seeing a shift in the status quo of Moretsu Pirates, so of it subtle, like Marika moving on to the second year of High School, Kane McDougal retiring from teaching and Ririka Kato switching jobs. Bigger changes like the changing faces of the Yacht Club, Jenny has graduated and it doing whatever she is doing off-screen, Lynn has been promoted to the position of leadership by virtue of being the only non-pirate or non-princess that actually has a personality. Indeed this is one my biggest problems with the Yacht Club, most of the members are just so much background noise. Though maybe the new recruits will change this a bit. The most profound changes seems to be the morphing political adornments of Serenity, which means that blasted planet is going to play more into this series, but not now. The biggest change is the addition of the Princesses to the main cast. Anyway, aside from noting all this change, this was a pretty dreadfully dull episode that went a little too overboard with the Marika-Gruier bonding/shipping.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 2
tumblr_mrylj3Kk4j1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mrylj3Kk4j1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Perfect adaptation, cant ever stop smiling the whole time, and Miyamura really all into it always. Ushio was kind of not how I expected for some reason. Ito had an annoying hairstyle though made me laugh.
I thought next is supposed to be that trip or something, I guess things are being changed up maybe?

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 27

New wizard frog thing is a pervert.

Hadzuki's father telling her that he had been using those items for his whole directing career probably should have been a tip-off that those weren't cursed items. If they weren't cursed a few years, months, or even weeks ago, they aren't cursed now.

wsippel

Banned
Watched Dance in the Vampire Bund yesterday. Still trying to sort my thoughts. I'm probably on some list now, but I really enjoyed the show. The way it toys with the audience, showing things that should be wrong but don't actually feel wrong in context (well, most of the time) is pretty unique. Not to mention Mina is a rather fascinating character. Not exactly deep or anything, but the way she's at the same time extremely pragmatic and seemingly ruthless, yet also fragile and sensitive works well and is surprisingly convincing.

It's also the first Shaft show I've ever seen, and the seemingly random style is quite interesting and effective.

Silver Spoon 07

The visit to Tamako's farm was pretty entertaining.

I guess I like this whole revisit to the stuff in the beginning of the series now that I know what happens later.

Cwarrior

I've been doing a bit of rewatching (and some newer shows) while I wait to get internet up and running properly and see if I'm able to access Crunchyroll etc. from behind a school firewall. In the meantime, the wonders of mobile phone wireless hotspots will have to do.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 1

I am determined to enjoy a shounen fight show some day, so I thought I'd give this a try. I don't care for the brash characterisation as usual but I like some of the ideas in this show (well, I like Gon's fishing rod!). Very early days yet so I'll continue to give it a shot.

Bluwacky watching good shounen, it's like am watching you take part in a Social Experiment, shoujo fan watching shounen(hxh,fatezero) back to back with shoujo(kimo todoke,cardcaptor).

Fate/Zero 1

I am determined to like this show. I have watched the first episode 3 times now and I hate it less each time, but I still have virtually no idea who anyone is. I will prevail!

Don't worry the later episode aren't that bad, that's the same impression everyone had on the first episode, including myself it took me also 3 to 4 goes to make it past episode 1 and I still didn't know like yourself who everyone was or the magic jargon they where talking about, you were much better off reading the wiki description of the first episode as it wouldn't of been more enjoyable then watching the rest of the episodes.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 28

Wait, what was the joke Aiko made that that guy didn't get?

Damn, Lala is a tennis beast. Maybe that kid should look into her if he likes athletic girls.

Man, Doremi's gotta catch a break sooner or later. I guess she should first stop falling in love with every handsome boy she sees. She made out better than Reika at least though. Kid wanted nothing to do with her, and rightfully so. She sucks.

Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life Anime's 2nd Season Green-Lit

The September issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki Hobby Magaizine is announcing on Saturday that a second season of the anime adaptation of Yoshiki Usa and Tomoko Fujinoki's Wooser no Sono Higurashi (Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life) manga has been green-lit. The anime will premiere in Japan in January.

The announcement was made next to an ad for a Wooser-themed train pass case and keychains, and says, “The awaited second season of the Wooser no Sono Higurashi anime has been green-lit to start in January 2014! To match this, new items and applications will start to be released one after the other.” The first season of the Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life anime aired last year.

Tomoko Fujinoki and supercell member Yoshiki Usa's Wooser no Sono Higurashi original 3D shorts center around Wooser, a mysterious mascot character who lives on the Internet and whose charming appearance belies a corrupt heart that craves money, meat, and gals.

Yesssssssss.

More fabulous Mamoru Miyano voice.

Hopefully another lovely ED.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu/Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3 Episode 8 Well now, after a couple really middling at best episodes, Stella surprises me by actually delivering a solid outing with this episode. Hell, this was a better climax then anything Moretsu Pirates has been able to deliver, and that makes me kind of sad. Anyway, so rather then this being a multi-episode tournament arc, it indeed a endurance battle roayle that honestly doesn't get interesting until the showdown between Stella and Meisei. Hell, even the characters seemed to be aware that was the fated showdown, and we do get some preliminary bits, mainly to do some obvious forshadowing and reinforce some chracter bits. Still, in spite kind of knowing what was coming, Stella did a good job of turning the final conflict into a battle of moral rectitude,
the conclusion of which sees Yura fail quite handily as she sells her morals away for the victory, and as a would be heroine, she knows she has traded in her honor and worse proven that Rin was right about her. The question that beckons is indeed how bad with the fallout from this truly be? Indeed, how much of this will play into her reality warping powers?

wonzo

Banned
Recorder to Randoseru Mi 7

recordermi7.jpg

"yo midget girl, date this pedo creep otherwise he's gonna start making a move on actual little girls."

"oh okay"

Articalys

Aniplex USA is really pushing Kill la Kill hard. They've been retweeting select English translations of the show's official Twitter account, something I don't think I've ever seen any NA company do before.

7Th

Aniplex USA is really pushing Kill la Kill hard. They've been retweeting select English translations of the show's official Twitter account, something I don't think I've ever seen any NA company do before.

Maybe their PS3-priced Gurren-Lagann BDs sold really well.

Defuser

Servant x Service ep 7

This show is getting more and more awesome. It's quite refreshing to see more Hasabe x Lucy because it's a guy gets flustered over girl instead of the usual. Tanaka is another great addition to the cast hopefully he can get some better character development along with Miyoshi.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Servant x Service ep 7

This show is getting more and more awesome. It's quite refreshing to see more Hasabe x Lucy because it's a guy gets flustered over girl instead of the usual. Tanaka is another great addition to the cast hopefully he can get some better character development along with Miyoshi.

I am so very glad I dropped watching this.

Pooya

Fate/Zero 1

I am determined to like this show. I have watched the first episode 3 times now and I hate it less each time, but I still have virtually no idea who anyone is. I will prevail!

I have this problem with a lot of series/games/movies, I can't remember who is who at first, I just let it go and I eventually pick it up over the subsequent events and when I see more of the characters. I'm not sure why you insist on getting all that just in the first episode, it's not a problem if you don't.

Andrew J.

It's only dead because people like you won't post in it.

Not people like me; I don't post reactions to every episode, and the ones I do make are usually pretty short. Very rarely do I initiate the sort of in-depth discussion that would be better suited to a series OT.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 29

Perverted computer wizard frog dude wanted to go to the festival to look up the yukatas of pretty ladies. For kids!

This episode was so hilariously crazy. Doremi's reaction when she saw the poodle wearing her witch clothes was the highlight of the episode.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 1

I am determined to enjoy a shounen fight show some day, so I thought I'd give this a try. I don't care for the brash characterisation as usual but I like some of the ideas in this show (well, I like Gon's fishing rod!). Very early days yet so I'll continue to give it a shot.

I didn't enjoy it at first but my reason was more because I don't like kid protagonists in shounen series (I don't know why this is, but in general it's hard for me to take serious a little kid beating up adults or really powerful people). I eventually stuck with it regardless of my dislike, and I ended up loving it. One of the greater shounen series I've seen. So stick with it and you'll probably find something you like to keep you watching. Mine is Leorio :D

cajunator

Banned
I have this problem with a lot of series/games/movies, I can't remember who is who at first, I just let it go and I eventually pick it up over the subsequent events and when I see more of the characters. I'm not sure why you insist on getting all that just in the first episode, it's not a problem if you don't.

it is actually fairly difficult to differentiate certain characters in Fate Zero. Several of the men look very similar.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 30

Has to suck, having that kind of regret for that long for saying something to your grandfather on his death bed. Obviously the kid shouldn't have said it, but he was in like first grade? And it had to feel like shit when your grandfather's ghost is appearing in front of everybody except you, as if he hasn't forgiven you for the things you've said even though that's not the case. Guy just didn't want to face the kid until the horse was complete.

Also it never really ceases to amaze me how characters like Hadzuki and Sakura (CCS) can have magical powers and have faced very tough tribulations, and yet still be afraid of ghosts.

Ojamajo Doremi #6

So what happens when the SOS Trio acts like douchebags? They create tension between Kimura and Koizumi with an established relationship over protecting daisies.

Of course, Masaru is asked if he ever called Hazuki ugly (more fuel for the future pairing). And another example of Magic not being needed to fix a problem (although technically, it did.) Wonder when we'll get another episode dealing with Masaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom