• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

*9,909 *1 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*4,238 *1 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21

Event ticket boost and discounted v1 boost. Will see how both series pan out in the long run.

edit: one more sales estimate while waiting for the full list:
Anohana BD Box ~ 5600

edit2: one more:
Star Driver The Movie ~ 5300 BD, 1100 DVD

Watamote - 8

Welp, the credits confirm that Kii-chan is played by Rie Kugimiya after all. Even though this was already confirmed earlier.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at this series. Easily the funniest episode so far.

CorvoSol

Glass Fleet 20

Cleo is a pegasus. Cleo and Michel star kiss float and twirl in a circle. If this is Final Fantasy, she is now pregnant. If this is SAO, she is his sister and also pregnant with his baby.

How do you jump out, no space suit, fall in space, and have a romantic moment in what is allegedly a vacuum?

Oh and the Pope and his Church are evil. This subplot brought to you by generic JRPGs circa the PSX era.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Watamote - 8

Welp, the credits confirm that Kii-chan is played by Rie Kugimiya after all. Even though this was already confirmed earlier.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at this series. Easily the funniest episode so far.

She's basically hired to do one voice at this point. lol

cnet128

Banned
tumblr_ms4jtyNDZQ1qghmqdo1_500.png

animefans.png

For shame.

the real massive minus is giant :chet

While you're waiting for full sales data, you can partake in Trigger's next $1 experiment, a short version of Kaeru's song from Turning Girls.

https://gumroad.com/l/ZDJm

Wh...Why do I kind of want this?

Articalys

Weekly Sales Rankings
Code:
2013 08/19~08/25 Anime BD List
*1 (***)	---	28,876	28,876	**1	Shingeki no Kyojin v2 
*2 (***)	---	11,370	11,370	**1	Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. v3
*4 (***)	---	*5,647	*5,647	**1	Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. BD Box
*5 (***)	---	*5,358	*5,358	**1	Star Driver the Movie
*6 (***)	---	*3,413	*3,413	**1	Kakumeiki Valvrave v3 
*7 (***)	---	*3,402	*3,402	**1	Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san v3
*8 (***)	---	*3,268	*3,268	**1	Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A v10
*9 (***)	---	*2,986	*2,986	**1	Brothers Conflict v1
10 (***)	---	*2,823	*2,823	**1	Tamako Market v6
11 (***)	---	*2,798	*2,798	**1	Servant x Service v1 
12 (***)	---	*2,767	*2,767	**1	Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince v3
15 (***)	---	*2,141	*2,141	**1	Maoyuu Maou Yuusha v6
16 (***)	---	*1,940	*1,940	**1	Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru v7
19 (***)	*21	*1,531	45,539	**6	Shingeki no Kyojin v1
20 (***)	---	*1,504	*1,504	**1	Magi v9
Code:
2013 08/19~08/25 Anime DVD List
*1 (***)	---	14,217	*14,217	**1	Shingeki no Kyojin v2 
*2 (***)	---	14,147	*14,147	**1	ONE PIECE Log Collection "Rookies" 
*3 (***)	---	*6,923	**6,923	**1	Brothers Conflict v1
*6 (***)	---	*2,196	**2,196	**1	Magi v9
*8 (***)	---	*1,641	**1,641	**1	Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. v3
11 (***)	---	*1,440	**1,440	**1	Servant x Service v1 
13 (***)	---	*1,184	**1,184	**1	Star Driver the Movie
15 (***)	*44	*1,118	*26,121	**6	Shingeki no Kyojin v1
16 (***)	*28	**,965	*55,969	**9	ONE PIECE Film Z RE
17 (***)	---	**,922	***,922	**1	Kakumeiki Valvrave v3 
20 (***)	*42	**,770	*60,652	**9	ONE PIECE Film Z LE
23 (***)	---	**,721	***,721	**1	Devil Survivor the Animation v3
28 (***)	*80	**,563	174,285	*18	Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q (Evangelion 3.33)

wonzo

Banned
So, I've been reading the first Rozen Maiden manga so i can jump into the anime and I've been wondering just how different the original anime series are and if they're actually worth checking out?

cajunator

Banned
One of the most underrated anime of last year. It does have a dip in quality partway through, but it gets good again.

And, uh, I can't really comment on the setting. You'll find out what you need to know soon enough.

And yeah, the ED is fucking great. I love the glitchy stuttering on the guitar.

Yeah its one of my favorite EDs from last year. This show is extremely unsettling and mysterious. You can tell something is very very wrong underneath and it makes you very nervous for the characters.

Ever wondered what it would be like if someone playing a game for you was like an anime!? Well Here you go! Don't watch videos at work folks.

What in the hell is this?

cajunator

Banned
WELL, my mail got here at last, and I spent a good forty minutes opening the package, breaking down said package, setting up the figures, doing different poses as I take pictures of them. All this time on my hands.

Today's haul (with next week being Cure Blossom
Super Silhouette
)

How it stacks up to the others (including a figure that wasn't in the previous image) On top of body swapping.

Awesome stuff. Glad you finally got it and it wasnt lost forever.
Told you that Peace figure is adorable!

If I do, it'll probably be Fresh. People generally seem to like that one. But I dunno. Smile wasn't bad, but it kinda turned me off from the franchise for a while. Though maybe I'll watch a handful of episodes of Max Heart just to see how bad it really is.

Problem now is, what do I watch now?

Please dont watch Max Heart. You deserve better :(

I have to say the cutest girl of the season goes to Natsuno Kirihime of Dog and Scissors.

What's it called when a girl is Sadodere? Sadistic and then turns cute. In this instance it isn't Tsundere or Yandere. Her change from sadistic to loving cute is unbelievable. it's something that has to be seen. Fabulous Max.

Also what the hell at none of the image sites having pictures of the show. I might have to make gifs at some point if you guys want undeniable proof.

Sadodere sounds fun. Im afraid we will need substantial proof though given that Kinmoza exists.

If a show enters my backlog, there's a 90% chance I'm never watching it. Alot of it is probably because I'm a lazy bum but I don't like the feeling of having too many things needing to be done. It starts to feel like work.

I know that feel. Seems like youll never get to some things doesnt it?

sonicmj1

Servant x Service 4

i8M5NG2aScvNH.jpg
iwmpT6HNyyF5O.jpg

The first part of the episode is spent establishing how blind Lucy is to Hasebe's advances. So naive! So easy to manipulate! So when she gets drunk at a drinking party with her coworkers...

ifxwNXpCoj46W.jpg
i2IpB8rLbCEdy.jpg

Nice male gaze shot in the first image.

iGOvLByaJZSLu.jpg
irtDWPSzTeHhs.jpg

The canted camera angle in the first image couldn't possibly imply anything bad.

Sexual harassment and possibly implied rape. Ha ha ha.

Oh Japan, you're so funny.

I'm sure this will all be played off as a joke where nothing happened in the next episode, but wow, the last part definitely crossed some kind of line.

cajunator

Banned
Crunchyroll got Bunny Drop back as a catalog show, that's interesting.

Maybe in preparation for season 2? :D

Be sure to watch with headphones on. Makes the experience much better. Is the audio source from one of those Yandere Drama CDs? Those are also great if anyone is curious.

Will watch more tonight! Should be there soon enough.

They remind him of the senpai that broke his heart.

To be fair, if you look at Majo R[iu]ka witches in general aren't the best parental figures in the world.

And of course they do this after I have no actual need for these shows to be added...
Typical. Oh well they did send me a free 1 month sub anyway just gotta cancel now.

That reminds me of those holophonic sound vids. Like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1XuB95qMk

The hell happened in here? This thread hasn't been updated for almost an hour.

I didn't necessarily think he was gonna die, I more kinda thought that he was gonna have some moment where his spirited yet pretty damn naive outlook on life was gonna be thrown for a loop. But I should have figured out that wasn't going to happen after that episode with his dead dad and all, and then that episode with the underground village. Then I saw him awaken from the blow that ultimately killed him still being Kamina, and then I pretty much decided that he was gonna be Kamina to the end. The end that turned out to be minutes away.

Never thought about it that way.
I always thought it was because they couldn't do anything else with the character back then. When you think about it, throwing his character for a loop would actually not be a smart move. People liked the badass, over-the-top Kamina. If people had to choose between that character living and changing his badass demeanor or dying in one of the most badass ways possible while keeping his character to the end, I think people would choose the latter.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!/Watamote Episode 8: Yea, damn the continued existence of this show and the fact it isn't burning in the pit of hell right now, I just can't feel sorry for Tokomo when she is, well, possibly a pathological liar.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote 08

This episode was well and truly embarassing. Feel kinda bad for Tomoko in ways yet this episode really showed that she can be a real liar. I dont care though, because holy shit when she mumbles <3

Kiniro Mosaic Ep 3-8
Still super straight forward, still loving it. Karen pushing towards my top 5 favorite characters this year.

Doubt anything's gonna top based Choi
141458763eksto.gif

Choi is pretty damned adorable.

Not everything graces us
Like their Suite Punicure 1 and 2 or PM Gals Omnibus ._.

i haven't read it , just saw a preview

It looked ok

Given how regina was toward mana i seriously expected more from the doujin scene. that's why i wasn't surprised expected to find at least this one.
C85 will be obviously cure Ace focused , without a doubt.

Mr.Jeff

It's just the fatigue before the end of the season, even if we are still 4 weeks away from the last episode of most series.

Itching to get out of work and watch more Rozen Maiden though.

Pooya

Attack on Butts 20

repeating words words words, oh actually something is happeni
ng. badass Levi in full still shots glory etc. pissing pants talk, nice.
well, it was interesting but it's going toooooo slooooooooow

so 4 episodes are left right? I'm not sure if we'll get any answers this season.

Novid

Banned
Jl0eYx2l.jpg

I am still baffled at how "bitch" became "slut" in Japan.
(I suppose you could also have a debate about how it should be subbed here. All according to keikau).

Also, yet another
Kugiloli
in this episode. They didn't even try. lol

the word the subbers are looking for is ratchet. but if course I don't expect Caucasian subbers to get the jist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom