• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi #21

G1WeCI2.jpg

I thought we were done with this.

Apparently we get a bit more insight on how closing off the human world from the witch world occured, thanks to Majo Don, and apparently we had another exam right off the bat.

Majo Heart actually entrusted the Ojamamas to do something. Times are achanging, and so is plot occuring.

Jex

Wow, this thread pretty much stopped in its tracks.
Summer's over. Gotta get ready for reality.
As for its counterpart, Kaze Tachinu sat atop the box office for the 6th straight week tying Ponyo's record, pulling in 200 million yen more over the weekend bringing its total to 8 billion yen with 6 million people having seen it. It, yet again, beat out all comers such as Monster's University and the opening weeks of Star Trek Into The Darkness and Gatchaman. Next week will be the last week of Summer vacation and will see the opening of Sadako 3D 2 and Man of Steel. The releases sort of dry up after that so if Kaze Tachinu holds on against those two next week, it might last a couple weeks more at the top.
God damn. The Miyazaki draw is as strong as ever.

Although speaking of Miyukichi, surprised you've not jumped on the Rozen Maiden train.

There's something inside of me that says I should watch the first series before I watch this new one (I'm aware I really don't have to) whether it be annoying desu-nonsense that the internet used to make it out to be or not. That said, I'm probably going to pick it up soon or after it's done airing because I'm used to lying to myself.

cajunator

Banned
There's something inside of me that says I should watch the first series before I watch this new one (I'm aware I really don't have to) whether it be annoying desu-nonsense that the internet used to make it out to be or not. That said, I'm probably going to pick it up soon or after it's done airing because I'm used to lying to myself.

The desu stuff never bothered me personally. But I kind of like verbal tics anyway.

Mr.Jeff

I can't say I'd overly recommend the first series entirely aside from Miyukichi being Miyukichi and Tanaka Rie being just fantastic but I'd probably say it's worthwhile a look anyway just so that when/if you do transition to the new series, you can appreciate what a drastic shift it was away from the previous series.

This will apply to probably no-one except maybe DiGiKerot but the Scotland Loves Anime lineup is being announced on Friday. Allegedly there's been mutterings about whether they should try and show the third Berserk film or not. Eva 3.0's already been confirmed though which I guess ensures that I watch it without stopping partway through.

Wonder what else they'll try and put out? The new Ghibli?

Articalys

This will apply to probably no-one except maybe DiGiKerot but the Scotland Loves Anime lineup is being announced on Friday. Allegedly there's been mutterings about whether they should try and show the third Berserk film or not. Eva 3.0's already been confirmed though which I guess ensures that I watch it without stopping partway through.

Wonder what else they'll try and put out? The new Ghibli?
Apparently there's been some hints that the Steins;Gate film will be part of the lineup as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Freeeeeeeeeeeeee 8

I feel like this show is only really "on" when it's about how the boys are basically moeblob girls trapped in male bodies. So when it tries to mine the angsty depths of sports shounen for stories, it becomes rote and slightly boring. Rin and Haruka go through their respective angstesesesesesss (is there a plural?) while Nagisa does his best Mio impression and just frets for 20 minutes.

Of course, when your show is hinged on a sport, there's really only so much you can do. And while I appreciated the fact that the show didn't fuck around last week by having some pointless cliffhanger, having the cast mull over the result for an entire episode is just as... well, dry.

That said, I think for me it's the combination of sports angst + family drama angst that is just a bit too much for me. I don't really care about Rin at all, and if him disappearing meant that Gou/Kou as a character has no reason to exist, then so bit it. It'd make for a better story that didn't rely on family angst and the resultant faux antagonism that comes from that angst.

Mother and sister saw my Cure Peace and Tsubomi chibiarts figure.

Both of them said "You bought girl figures"

All I said was "It's more for display purposes".

And that was the end of that. My sister likes the Cure Peace one though.

Mr.Jeff

Apparently there's been some hints that the Steins;Gate film will be part of the lineup as well.
I'd be happy for that to appear. Although it might be one of those films that only makes it to the Glasgow showing only and not both much like K-On did last year. Although to be fair, we got the world wide premiere of Nerawareta Gakuen instead so I think we know who came out ahead in that exchange.

Although at present the website has a background of Mardock Scramble so I wonder if that means we'll get the comedy event of the third film.

Edit:
2ds is the most moe game system ever.
That's the bad type of moe that is so physically weak and inept that it should be put down for its own sake right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No one knows where I can get a freaky anime mask? Sad times.

Think I've caught up on everything. Are Space Brothers and Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku taking a break?

cnet128

Banned
Free! 8

I enjoy the old sports anime tropes. There's nothing really original here, but the drama works nicely for me. Seeing the team come together like this in the face of adversity is great, and seeing rivalRin having his priorities and sense of assured superiority shaken up is great too.

Hey animegaf.
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some fast paced shounen.
Anything like JoJo or Hunter x Hunter.
What do you guys think is good?

If you like Hunter x Hunter I'm sure you will like Naruto.

Should of went with the classic line of their action figures.

2ds is the most moe game system ever.

I thought moe meant cute.

cajunator

Banned

It gets harder to explain figures when you have dozens of them. Especially if they are all females lol.

seems stronger than vita.

G6GfvBy.jpg

but seriously though, i like my funky looking devices. I might get a XL one of these if they release one lol.

I cant believe that is real.

My dad asked about my Yunocchi and it was pretty uneventful:

"...Is that yours?"
"Uh-huh"
"Alright then"

I think my mom would like her.

It gets harder to explain figures when you have dozens of them. Especially if they are all females lol.

Worst part is that the figures I am interested in are all females. I have like.... 2 right now, but with the way things could work out, I'll have 4, which will balance things. But then there's all the yayoi figures that I want ._.

It's your money, why should they care?

They don't really. We didn't go very far in the conversation. I actually showed mom my figures when I opened the package because she wanted to see what it was. They knew I watched MLP, which took a bit of understanding but ultimately resulted in them not caring either way.

Mind if I ask why do you guys/girls buy the figurines?

Looks cool, nice to have a figure of characters you like. Hell, some of the posable ones are cool.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Well, I guess it is when the typecast her in all the same sounding roles.

I didn't really mean for it to come off like that (I really meant for it to come off more matter-of-factly), although she definitely is typecast.

I think my favorite role of hers was Ichiko in Binbougami ga!, since it was so unlike what we're used to from her.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
See I was smart and bought a Dio Brando figure years ago to soften the impact when years later I'd suddenly buy female figs (or more like I didn't realise my life would take such a dramatic nosedive). Funnily enough it's currently on display in my parent's bedroom.

Mature

See I was smart and bought a Dio Brando figure years ago to soften the impact when years later I'd suddenly buy female figs (or more like I didn't realise my life would take such a dramatic nosedive). Funnily enough it's currently on display in my parent's bedroom.
You're not going to explain why?

cnet128

Banned
I didn't really mean for it to come off like that (I really meant for it to come off more matter-of-factly), although she definitely is typecast.

I think my favorite role of hers was Ichiko in Binbougami ga!, since it was so unlike what we're used to from her.

Best HanaKana role is clearly Gokou Hinata. Loli/genki voice HanaKana > generic soft-spoken voice HanaKana.

Yes! Precure 5 - 34

Oh hey look it's a Karen-Milk shipping episode.

Also doubles up as the requisite "mascot falls ill" episode of the series. I should have noticed we hadn't had one of those yet. I guess it wouldn't really work so well with Coco or Nuts, which is why they waited so late in the series this time round. That, and they had to wait until the Cures had collected enough Pinkies to have the necessary doctor Pinkie on hand to...oh wait, they don't have that Pinkie yet? They're just going to go out and find him using the Power of Plot? How very convenient. I tell ya, if y'all were this proactive about Pinkie-finding all the time, the series would probably be over by now.

Notable things that happened this episode: Karen and toadbird-woman have an honest to god horseback battle. I didn't even know your upgrade item thingy could do that, Karen! Summons tornadoes, forms part of an Epic Divebombing Butterfly Plane and doubles as a handy lightsaber-lance? That's one sweet little piece of equipment.

ED is still sorely lacking in animation. C'mon guys, it's not like China forgot to send you the inbetweens.

Notable things that happened this episode: Karen and toadbird-woman have an honest to god horseback battle. I didn't even know your upgrade item thingy could do that, Karen! Summons tornadoes, forms part of an Epic Divebombing Butterfly Plane and doubles as a handy lightsaber-lance? That's one sweet little piece of equipment.

IIRC, this also happens in the movie, which judging from where you're at in YPC5, you can totally watch it now if you wanted.

The Legend of Legendary Heroes 1-19

It started out ok and then it just got worse and worse; so much so to the point where all the characters just went full blown retard. I don't think I can hang in there for the rest :/

Mature

The Legend of Legendary Heroes 1-19

It started out ok and then it just got worse and worse; so much so to the point where all the characters just went full blown retard. I don't think I can hang in there for the rest :/
That's what you get for watching something called "Legend of the Legendary Heroes".

yami4ct

If you like Hunter x Hunter I'm sure you will like Naruto.

I have to highly disagree here. I love HxH and really dislike Naruto. Hunter x Hunter is an amazing piece of Shonen that subverts all your typical tropes that come with the genre. Naruto is the most bland, boring, middle of the road typical shonen show around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom