• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was ever going to consider buying a figurine, it would have to be a character I absolutely love from a show I absolutely love. Both would be required.

That's why I'm planning to have 3 Heartcatch figures while having only one Smile Precure figure. (Ezio and Squall were gifts though).

As if that was the real problem...
the real challenge is to be fast enough to secure your rare figurine before others ! because the figurines that are worthy are always in limited numbers.

Should i post a tiny sample of my collection ?

Oh man tell me about it.. I'm kicking myself over missing the Excellent model Cure Blossom figure. I keep doing this. Also sample plox.

The big figures aren't that much of a problem for my wallet. I only get the ones I really really want.

The tiny figures are a problem since I always keep thinking it's only one more.

Syrinx

That's why I'm planning to have 3 Heartcatch figures while having only one Smile Precure figure. (Ezio and Squall were gifts though).

Erika would be the only Precure character I'd consider buying one for. But since you seem to be having a tough time giving them your money for one, I don't think I want to go through the trouble.

From the new world - 05

That episode was something i expected but not that way

but why the design quality , the character details have changed compared to ep 4 ?

As if that was the real problem...
the real challenge is to be fast enough to secure your rare figurine before others ! because the figurines that are worthy are always in limited numbers.

Should i post a tiny sample of my collection ?

Luckily I found my Yunocchi on Mandarake since she was sold out everywhere, but I'm sure there are much, MUCH rarer figures out there that people wish they had claimed beforehand.

Shergal

From the new world - 05

That episode was something i expected but not that way

but why the design quality , the character details have changed compared to ep 4 ?

Yamauchi (i.e. this is the Casshern Sins episode). He and Hayama will be back on ep 10, which is much better done and their style fits better in it.

Luckily I found my Yunocchi on Mandarake since she was sold out everywhere, but I'm sure there are much, MUCH rarer figures out there that people wish they had claimed beforehand.
Part of the fun too
Yamauchi (i.e. this is the Casshern Sins episode). He and Hayama will be back on ep 10, which is much better done and their style fits better in it.
i see ... it was somehow disturbing

From the new world - 06

This is NOT going to end well.

Kudos to saki to have found a way to change the playing field and she was certainly a good asset.

But she unleashed something she shouldn't have.

Erika would be the only Precure character I'd consider buying one for. But since you seem to be having a tough time giving them your money for one, I don't think I want to go through the trouble.

No, I was having problems with giving money to Sony, because I wanted Spelunky. I'm buying a Cure Marine figure though on Friday. Should be like the Cure Blossom one I'm getting in.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Flowers of EVIL 10

10/10. Saeki cracks, Shit-Face cracks, even Nakamura cracks, to the tune only of rain. Such raw feeling. Someone reaches out a hand with the balletic weight of a planetary movement - sweet animation, bro. Someone else mentions that they read Georges Bataille, author of a dirty, dirty book called The Story of the Eye. I keep wondering how the minutes fly by, how I get so caught up and choked up without my notice, how nobody has spontaneously strangled anyone else to death by now.

This shit's like School Days or something, but good.

mhm, when you have something like Aku No Hana the farce that is school days is even more exposed than it was before.

Ojamajo Doremi #22

lcPXHDq.jpg

PLOTPLOTPLOT

So the reason they want Hana is because the Wizard World is on the brink of death, due to losign land in a game of poker. They tried to get the cursed cards but it went into Earth and Oyajiide was imprisoned in Merchandising.

What it does tell me though is how limited males are in this genre considering few of them are of any use, and of course they're nowhere near the power level of the magical girls, no wonder the Wizard world was dying.

lol, Pop extorted that dude of his money. Better than Aiko.

Also they got boned by a trap, now they're stone.

All this plot!

wonzo

Banned
Flowers of EVIL 10

10/10. Saeki cracks, Shit-Face cracks, even Nakamura cracks, to the tune only of rain. Such raw feeling. Someone reaches out a hand with the balletic weight of a planetary movement - sweet animation, bro. Someone else mentions that they read Georges Bataille, author of a dirty, dirty book called The Story of the Eye. I keep wondering how the minutes fly by, how I get so caught up and choked up without my notice, how nobody has spontaneously strangled anyone else to death by now.

This shit's like School Days or something, but good.
I remember saying the same thing before it started airing and people ridiculed me relentlessly. ._.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I finally cracked open my copy of the K-On movie and much to my surprise, it has extra features including Yamada's location scouting of London.

Well, as barebones as the series releases were, I'm glad that they were able to try with the movie.

From the new world - 07

Ah Ah Ah

Shinsekai%20Yori%20-%20From%20the%20New%20World%20-%2007_01.jpg

Yeah right

What a way to end this part ..End of the battle , suspiscions and revelations!

Shinsekai%20Yori%20-%20From%20the%20New%20World%20-%2007_02.jpg

i know you were all conditionned to not notice but seriously you should have reached this conclusion faster !

So it ends in a satisfying manner , in a way ..totally unexpected since it seems that the labour guys are more than 1 dimensionnal characters.

As expected by ep 3, shit opened a whole new can of worms ....and it'll be glorious to see next.

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 1

I don't know what that whole business at the beginning was with Senjougahara having Araragi tied up and shit, but I do know it was amazing and I loved every second of it. I wish they would have done it the whole episode, but instead they went and brought back that elementary schooler who Araragi likes to sexually harass because he's a sick weirdo.

She kinda has a point though; when you add "The courage to" before any action, it makes it sound better, though I'd like to believe I'd be able to spot somebody being totally full of shit while doing it, which would probably be most of the time.

Was Araragi's house always like that? What's with the ladders and shit?

zeroshiki

You know, I finally cracked open my copy of the K-On movie and much to my surprise, it has extra features including Yamada's location scouting of London.

Well, as barebones as the series releases were, I'm glad that they were able to try with the movie.

Because of that, people found out what Yamada looks like and of course the standard debate about looks ensued. This is also probably a reason why she doesn't give out her birth year.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Nisemonogatari 1

I don't know what that whole business at the beginning was with Senjougahara having Araragi tied up and shit, but I do know it was amazing and I loved every second of it. I wish they would have done it the whole episode, but instead they went and brought back that elementary schooler who Araragi likes to sexually harass because he's a sick weirdo.

She kinda has a point though; when you add "The courage to" before any action, it makes it sound better, though I'd like to believe I'd be able to spot somebody being totally full of shit while doing it, which would probably be most of the time.

Was Araragi's house always like that? What's with the ladders and shit?

keep watching, as it gets better

-Minsc-

Humanity Has Declined 1-2

What the heck have I wandered in to?????

Humanity Has Declined 3-8

Well shit, it's now 2:00am. There went any plans of getting to bed at a decent time.

zeroshiki

Wait, here, or on the Japanese 2chanz?

Also, Ano Hana eiga. Yes or YES?! lol

Japanese GAF :p otherwise known as 2ch :lol Googling her brings up threads discussing how she looks.

The theater isn't closeby :( I guess I'll watch it since I really have nothing to do on Saturday but I'm gonna have to actually finish Anohana by tomorrow so I'll know what I'm watching.

Japanese GAF :p otherwise known as 2ch :lol

The theater isn't closeby :( I guess I'll watch it since I really have nothing to do on Saturday but I'm gonna have to actually finish Anohana by tomorrow so I'll know what I'm watching.

Isn't the movie a recap? You probably don't need to watch the series to know what's going on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Japanese GAF :p otherwise known as 2ch :lol

It might be better to go in raw!
And, podcast? lol

Also, I suppose I'm not surprised people would perv on Yamada. I mean, given what the seiyuu go through anyway. :p

Highschool DxD New ep 8

Some minor plot advancement, and a new major figure in hell appears! Wow, so didn't see this one coming, hell must be one interesting, and scary place, with demons like this in charge.

Looking forward to seeing what the new character at the end is like.

zeroshiki

Isn't the movie a recap? You probably don't need to watch the series to know what's going on.

Oh. I care so little about this series/movie that I had no idea what the movie was gonna be about it.

It might be better to go in raw!
And, podcast? lol

Also, I suppose I'm not surprised people would perv on Yamada. I mean, given what the seiyuu go through anyway. :p

lol, sure. Hopefully I don't fall asleep during the showing.

And yeah, internet people perv on everything.

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 2

...This is getting hot.

Senjougahara is the best, but I couldn't blame somebody for choosing Kanbaru. She's a worthy runner-up.

By the by, I'm kinda done with Animegaf for the time being. Be seein' ya!

Not everyone here likes Aku no Hana, you know. I still think the anime is an ugly, poorly paced adaptation that kills the impact of many great scenes by being boring in its buildup.

Disliking things other people like and liking things other people dislike is just how communities work.

JSoup

Banned
Bear in mind that YYH becomes bad in its closing arc.

Oh....I'm noticing it. Recall really liking this series when I first watched it, up until the point I stopped (which was the tail end of the second to last arc). I'm remembering why now, it stops being interesting and starts being three episode stare downs with little else going on.

EVIL'S Flowers 11-13

Welp, now that that's over my life is empty and I guess I can go back to watching shitty Chinese cartoons instead of animu.
Who's the empty one now, Nakamura? That room...
I'm not gonna lie: I'd probably be mildly bothered by the flashforwards (because HOW MEAN IS THAT, teasing something that'll never happen) if I weren't bowled over by the rest of it and, more importantly, if I weren't mad fucking tired right now.

The field of flowers scene in 11 was lovely, a really well-realized evocation of loneliness, and it helps that aside from a few moments in the first episode the show rarely (if ever?) dipped in the "fantastical dream" well.

If you want to know what happens, read the manga.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 15

So for starters, I congratulate this episode for not killing the captain of the Space Shuttle the moment he bothered to open his mouth. That doesn't mean no one died this episode, though. Seriously, it's like the last four Harry Potter books, except, like, 50 episodes long. The death in this episode was kinda horrifying, or would be, if the whole thing wasn't hilariously stupid. Like the entire series. I mean really, so much in this episode was stupid beyond my capacity to understand. WHY WAS ODELO RIDING OUTSIDE THE GUNDAM'S COCKPIT? What did that kid need to go along for at all? How many goddamn times is Shakti gonna bitch about wanting to go home? She's already been home like, twice since this show started.

Oh, and Cronicle got promoted. Which may just be the worst decision the Zanscare ever made. Why would you promote a guy who hates your military operations and tries to sabotage them while they're under way and has done nothing but fail for the last fifteen episodes? It's like if someone decided to promote Lt. Poe and tried to pass it off as a good thing.

Seriously, I think Cronicle has already unhorsed Zeheart and Mr. Bushido for the title of worst Char ever. At least Bushido looked cool, and Zeheart, well there's no defending Zeheart at all, but Cronicle is just so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom