• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Toei I know you're anal about your over seas stuff. Please be anal here please. Gangnam makes no fucking sense here and it makes you look like you're cashing in on a fad (that comes from Korea no less)

Last I remember, Gangnam Girls was shelved due to copyrighting issues, and Glitter Force I believe was licensed. Please people, use some up to date information!

They almost ruined S2 for me, along with most of the other side characters. Sakurako and Himawari just seem super redundant within the series and don't really add anything to the cast.

To me, they're that perfect blend. They fight, but they truely care for each other. Really, the only characters in the series that you can say that about.

oh shit the shitstorm begins in earnest. get your popcorn ready. crunchyroll to go un-legit again?

I have no idea how your mind works.

Last I remember, Gangnam Girls was shelved due to copyrighting issues, and Glitter Force I believe was licensed. Please people, use some up to date information!

Still sounds awful. Precure or bust. Especially with Heartcatch, they better not fuck that up or I'll never forgive them.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm just in this for that sweet web-gen animation.

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

If I can get a chance. I might have just been tired as well though lol. The backgrounds just looked so great, but the characters themselves at time didn't to show the same fidelity.

NeonZ

It did? I remember it throwing you right into the middle of the Zakuro arc with no context at all.

It introduced the basic concept of the city, the main characters' job and later the main antagonist of those 3 episodes. It was about as much of an introduction as what the tv show had, at least. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if things were better handled there.

CorvoSol

I enjoy how the main pilot always complains about all the paperwork he has to fill out each time his unit gets hit. Its certainly a departure from, say, Koji or Simon laughing at how puny the damage the other dude got to deal.

I imagine Rossiu probably did have some paperwork for when Simon banged up the national symbol. Simon probably never ever filled it out, though. Interestingly enough, there's an episode of Gundam EVOLVE which has Kamille Bidan fill out paperwork after he causes an accident in his Gundam. During the accident he apologizes, but on the report he blames Lt. Quattro. It's sort of a blink and you'll miss it gag.

That's pretty condemnatory. And I can't say I really disagree.

Like seriously, I have nothing for Lt. Cronicle here. I thought Mr. Bushido was really pointless and his constantly showing up to pester "young man!" and behavior in general made him seem very childish, but he DID look cool, have cool mechs, and had a good reason for covering his face with a mask. I thought that Zeheart was pointless yaoi-fangirl bait whose deep friendship with Asemu was laughable because it was based in a single montage and also because it STILL managed to actually be deeper than Asemu's relationship with his own fucking wife, and that Zeheart just kind of dicked around for the third arc, even when he had become the alleged main villain going along with a plan so stupid even the writers of Stardust Memory would have shuddered to go along with it. I thought Neo Roanoke was a poorly explained foe who, upon revelation of his already painfully obvious identity, suddenly dodged all responsibility for what he'd done.

None of these characters is as dumb and annoying to behold as fucking Lt. Cronicle. Bushido annoyed me, but again, he at least looked cool. Lt. Cronicle has that same childish behavior, and no cool looking mecha to alleviate it. He has a mask that looks like it was drawn by Rob Liefeld, and only serves to cover up the fact that he's ugly. He comes running into the Mass Driver company AFTER his people have started ANOTHER fight, to try and negotiate, gets told "No fuck you" and then he pitches a fit, takes his ball, and does nothing in a mobile suit to try and stop the fight going on.

All in the space of like, five minutes of screen time. And now he's been promoted!

Oh god, not this again, kill it with fire before it engulfs the thread again.

Don't you want another ten page discussion of why people are ignoring all the ways that incest is wholly unhealthy?

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi 37
All those magical frogs. lol
Also
free exam get
Lol at Onpu x Pop. I wonder if the magical kingdom knows about Ruka's shady dealings and if they plan to do anything about it. Seems like a perfect storm scenario.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Extended sales data from last week, from something:
Code:
2013 08/19~08/25 BD List
-- (*23)	---	*1,376	**1,376	**1	Devil Survivor the Animation v3
-- (*27)	---	*1,253	**1,253	**1	Sasami-san@Ganbaranei v6
-- (*28)	*16	*1,108	389,098	*18	Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q (Evangelion 3.33)
-- (*34)	---	**,960	***,960	**1	Aion
-- (*37)	---	**,886	***,886	**1	Robotics;Notes v8
-- (*41)	*22	**,653	*87,942	**5	Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Hajimari no Monogatari / Eien no Monogatari LE
-- (*44)	---	**,549	***,549	**1	Zetsuen no Tempest v8
-- (*45)	*58	**,518	*22,472	*13	Love Live! v3
-- (*49)	---	**,475	***,475	**1	Tenshi no Tamago
-- (*50)	*51	**,462	*24,90	*18	Love Live! v2
-- (*51)	*29	**,461	*53,707	**9	ONE PIECE Film Z LE
-- (*54)	---	**,435	***,435	**1	The Cockpit
-- (*56)	*63	**,408	*33,049	*23	Love Live! v1
-- (*57)	---	**,404	***,404	**1	Aku no Hana v1
-- (*58)	*45	**,394	*25,758	**5	Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 v6
-- (*59)	*27	**,391	*15,788	**5	Koukaki Kidoutai ARISE v1
-- (*60)	*43	**,389	*12,625	**6	Kurenai no Buta
-- (*64)	---	**,375	***,375	**1	Touch BD Box v2
-- (*69)	*59	**,338	*20,296	**5	Love Live! v5
-- (*70)	*37	**,333	*20,729	**9	ONE PIECE Film Z RE
-- (*73)	*71	**,319	*22,357	*10	Love Live! v4
-- (*76)	---	**,313	***,313	**1	Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge v3
-- (*78)	---	**,306	***,306	**1	Hunter x Hunter (2011) Greed Island BD Box
-- (*81)	---	**,300	***,300	**1	Mushibugyou v2
-- (*82)	*30	**,289	**9,612	**3	Hataraku Maou-sama! v2
-- (*84)	*55	**,286	*19,856	*42	Tonari no Totoro
-- (*89)	---	**,265	***,265	**1	Aku no Hana v2
-- (*90)	---	**,264	***,264	**1	Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. BD Box RE
-- (*96)	*72	**,241	*17,868	*35	Majo no Takkyuubin
Aku no Bomba. Also, Angel's Egg sells 475 copies.

Also also, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai finishes with a per-volume average of 1,388 across 6 volumes (BD sales only).

Glad to see Hataraku Maou-sama is trucking along with decent sales. :)

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 - 36

Marathon episode! Also known as "oh Nozomi you so adorable when you fail at everything" episode!

...And also also known as "toadboy y u spoil everyone's fun" episode. But it's okay, because toadboy won't be spoiling anyone's fun ever again. Kawarino, that slimy bastard, tricked him into putting on the Black Mask of Doom, and he got summarily divebombed into oblivion as a result. So all he really accomplished in this episode (and indeed his life) was ruining the marathon for the Cures. What an ass.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
iuZDntd4r72k4.png

What is that referring to?

None of these things are unique and in most cases their existence simply blocks or delays those sort of moments for the main cast.

They are delivering on behalf of the main cast.
more couples are always ok

#praisethegarden

also the main cast won't change that's set in stone unfortunately. that's why any change is done on the side cast.

Branduil

Clannad AS is arguably KyoAni's best work so whatever. I don't know why you enjoy being a jackass but its kind of annoying.

Saying someone is wrong isn't being a jackass, using MAL's aggregates scores as if they mean something, though...

To me Clannad AS is one of the best series ever made, it was an absolute blast to watch.

And I say you're wrong. At least I'm not wishing that Clannad was never made available for purchase in your home country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom