• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buttocked mousepad makes you the butt of all jokes. You should conform to society's standards and use a generic solid coloured rectangular one.

I don't use one of those either! I use something that was a Nichijou eyecatch if I remember correctly, and I'm too lazy to find the picture/post my mousepad.

wonzo

Banned
That ain't the only GAF post from the incest creeps listed!
New 15sec KILL la KILL CM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmV8uwoynE

(via @Ikari_Gendo)
Today is a good day

Extended sales data from last week, from something:

Aku no Bomba. Also, Angel's Egg sells 475 copies.

Also also, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai finishes with a per-volume average of 1,388 across 6 volumes (BD sales only).
or not :(

Clannad AS is arguably KyoAni's best work so whatever. I don't know why you enjoy being a jackass but its kind of annoying. To me Clannad AS is one of the best series ever made, it was an absolute blast to watch.

Clannad AS is what you get when you take a generic high-school anime love story and say: "Hey, what happens AFTER the main character professes his/her love?"

There needs to be more stories like Clannad AS IMO. It's why I can't get into many of the other classic anime high-school romance stories. As Clannad AS had the audacity to go above and beyond.

cajunator

Banned
By the by, I'm kinda done with Animegaf for the time being. Be seein' ya!

Thats sad to hear. I wish you luck.

So that makes Aku no Hana the Citizen Kane of School Days?

No way is Aku no Hana as boring as Citizen Kane.

Nisemonogatari 2

...This is getting hot.

Senjougahara is the best, but I couldn't blame somebody for choosing Kanbaru. She's a worthy runner-up.

Senjou is definitely the best without question, but this iteration lacked something.

But I watch the movies after I'm done with their respective series! It's practically a tradition at this point!

My relationship with anime figures has been a stormy one. It went something like this:

Phase 1: "Anime figures? I can't imagine why anyone would actually purchase any of those. They're horribly expensive and what are they actually good for? I'm glad I have no plans of venturing that far down the anime fan rabbit hole."

Phase 2: "Anime figures? I can't imagine...ooh, look, there are some cute little Bleach phone-strap figures on Play-Asia! It would be fun to have one of those as a novelty. They barely cost anything, so since I'm importing a videogame from there anyway, I might as well add one of those in for fun."

Phase 3: "Ah, here's the next import videogame I want. Better check the figures section on Play-Asia, it would be unthinkable to import a videogame without getting a cheap little phonestrap figure along with it."

Phase 4: "Well, damn, I'm about to import a videogame and there aren't any cute phonestrap figures I particularly want. Oh, but here's a set of small-ish non-deformed Kashimashi figures, they look pretty cute. I guess they aren't so much more expensive, and it would be fun to have one full-body figure, you know, as a novelty. I'll just order a random one of them."

Phase 5: (Around the time Clannad is airing, in a state of Fuuko mania) "STARFISH STARFISH STARFISH ooh look a big Fuuko figure it costs far too much and I can't really justify it OH WELL, IMPULSE BUY" *falls in love with Nendoroid Petit figures and buys multiple entire box sets of them* "Ooh look, a beautiful Shana figure! It's far too expensive and I can't really justify it OH WELL, IMPULSE BUY"

Phase 6: "That creepy witch-touching game on the DS has a sequel now? Lord knows I'd never be interested in - oh, it comes with two Nendoroid Petit figures? BOUGHT." *shortly afterward* "What's this? Some mediocre-looking RPG based on all sorts of light novel series, only one of which I've actually read? I'd have to be crazy to buy - oh, it comes with three Nendoroid Petit figures? BOUGHT."

Phase 7: "Yay, I graduated from uni, time to leave my accommodation behind... Fuck, I have so many little figures to take with me, how did my collection get so big? I'll just throw them all in a bag and set them all up again when I get a job and find somewhere new to live long-term."

Phase 8 (the present day): Years have passed, and most of my figures are still in that bag in England. I brought three of my Nendoroid Petits with me to Germany and they're sitting on my desk at work. Though feeling occasionally tempted, I haven't bought any new figures since.

My only real regret is that I never bought any full-size Nendoroids. That and the fact that the couple of large figures I did buy aren't of characters who I'd rank all that highly in the grand scheme of things. Fuuko and Shana are nice characters and all, but they're not incredibly great like some characters I can think of. Though I guess since they're both languishing in a bag in a different country it doesn't make all that much difference at this stage.

Kanbaru is better than Senjougahara, but I couldn't blame somebody for mistakenly ranking them the wrong way round. The standard of characters in Monogatari is so high that it may be difficult at times to make out the precise order of awesomeness when they're all up there in the stratosphere. Even I doubt some parts of my own rankings on occasion.

Except Mayoi, of course, she's clearly a long way above the rest.

What were seeing here is the slow spiral into figurine addiction. Clearly the only way to overcome it is to leave everything in a bag in a foreign country where it cannot influence you. However since it is too late for me I shall remain here and guard over my castle.

Crocodile

New 15sec KILL la KILL CM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmV8uwoynE

(via @Ikari_Gendo)

s10e12_480.jpg

Opening theme sounds pretty generic though :(

xist

Clannad AS is arguably KyoAni's best work so whatever. I don't know why you enjoy being a jackass but its kind of annoying. To me Clannad AS is one of the best series ever made, it was an absolute blast to watch.

I really enjoyed all of Clannad but for me i felt cheated by the end of AS. For me at least, It kind of ruined the emotional investment i'd put into the characters, although i know some people were fine with it.

cnet128

Banned
Spoke too soon.

Awwwwwww yeahhhhhh. I got two SOS entries IN A ROW. My avatar's up there on the front page and everything! Now I feel like I've achieved something!

pretty lazy to just put up the whole of that post though, really. If I was putting it up on the site, I'd have cut it down to just the last paragraph at least. Much better shock value.

Silver Spoon 8

Guys. Guys. Hachiken's bro is Kamina.

I swear I was spending the whole episode half-expecting him to tell Hachiken to "believe in the me that believes in you".

cajunator

Banned
yeah this anime does that ..
lucky guy , you have 5 more eps to look forward to.

Not hell, devil realm. it's a major difference in dxd universe . Hell exist and has nothing to do with devils ( totally different place ) . i say that so you don't get confused later.

This part gets me everytime i read the manga and reach this part

Wait...Hell and devils exist separately in DxD?

The wait for Kurumi may continue, but Tohka is still a fine choice.

On a more personal note, I'm happy to see that my 2nd favorite Majikoi character Benkei (AKA Sex hair) is getting her own figure as well.

Hmmm. I saw this but I would prefer her larger dress outfit. This ones too simple and a weird pose and face for Tohka. I looooooove Plum's Yoshino though.

Whats wrong with that statement? In context of anime its fine.

Didn't realize the Gargantia BD-boxes each included a short comic by Hanaharu Naruko. The comic from the first box, just released this week, apparently involves the girls in swimsuits again, and the previews of the second box bonus comic show that Bellows and Ridget will be getting into those festival dancer outfits... at least for two pages.

And when it gets released here it will be pitifully barebones and sad :(

Sometimes I wake up to wahjah.

sometimes that wahjah is over 9000.

but when Hollywood says that um, man of steel didn't use DBZ...um, we used um, some show, americans never really seen, um er yes, so we still printed money...

that that fucking bullshit wahjah I don't like.

and Snyder is going to be working on...The Worlds Finest?

*burnslaugh.gif*

Novid Im so glad you decided to come back.

jman2050

Clannad AS is very good, horrible ending excepted, but it wasn't even the best romance anime airing at the time.

Of course you could argue that Clannad AS isn't really a romance anime at all, and I'd be hard-pressed to disagree.

Novid

Banned
Neptunia statement.

they better get Mark Cerny in the PSV Noire game. I buy 10,000 copies son. fuck ill buy a vita for that son. better yet put him in the second season of the nep Nep anime...and ill buy all that JoJo and ask for it to be put on Toonami every day.

He the rap game Steve Jobs SON!

/XX/

You know, in less than half-a-month German convention Connichi 2013 will be open, and this time not only the ever present Hiroyuki Yamaga but also Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is going to it.

Hiroyuki Yamaga always spills the beans at that place, and after the special focus on Mr. Yamaga "personal" projects going on right now at the studio that Takami Akai mentioned recently (http://gainax.fr/index.php/special/interviews/1221-itw-takami-akai-passe-et-avenir-du-studio), all along with Mr. Sadamoto's presence makes me think people should ask for Blue URU information because I think we could definitely get something out of them this time.

Oh wow.
Haha
ha
hahaha
In the last episode Yura creates one of her reality marbles and summons forth an army threatening to take over the world. She also starts talking like this "I, Yura..."
Oh yes, anything but the habitual tale of posterior redemption... I actually like 'Dark Yura'.

You & me both expected the same final outcome, my friend... but I'm not sure what we should expect now!

16 seconds?! Damn! It was only 15 when Arti posted it!
If we keep posting it adding a second each time maybe it eventually becomes the 30 seconds CM I thought this was... >:-|

Wait...Hell and devils exist separately in DxD?

Yes.
Devils are in the demon realm and hell is a separate place filled with shinigamis with deathcythes and others nasty beings.

Demon realm is governed by the overlords (sirzecks,levi & 2 others ) while hell is governed by hades ( he is a total jerk)

I've been watching Samurai Bride on crunchyroll... and I'm curious about something. Why is the nudity in the second season censored, whereas the first season had titties literally flopping everywhere?

Theonik

Oh yes, anything but the habitual tale of posterior redemption... I actually like 'Dark Yura'.

You & me both expected the same final outcome, my friend... but I'm not sure what we should expect now!
I think at the very least
we should expect the Miyuki Sawashiro character to come in and try and knock some sense back into Yura.
Other than that I have no idea. The show likes throwing things under the bus too much to predict.
Like how the reality altering stuff pretty much vanished overnight. They can still bring it back as part of the redemption part of the ending though and we might still be right.

Narag

I've been watching Samurai Bride on crunchyroll... and I'm curious about something. Why is the nudity in the second season censored, whereas the first season had titties literally flopping everywhere?

1. Added to queue.
  2. Sounds like s1 is a home video version and s2 is tv?

Syrinx

Gurren Lagann 15

Dai-Gurren, bitches!

So now I guess the next arc is going to focus on whatever the hell the Spiral King was talking about with the million apes and the sun and ultimate destruction and whatnot, With all of the gunmen shutting down after Spiral King's defeat, either they'll be brought back or all new baddies will come in for awesome fights.

Majestic Prince Episode 21 – Night before the Decisive Battle
tumblr_msbeqfgCjp1qbxqfpo2_500.png
[
tumblr_msbeqfgCjp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The plot was largely boring but just set up for the big event. Did laugh at the start, onii-chan moments are the best, blushing even.

Calling it Operation Heavens Gate though, UtaPri song from HEAVENS is called HEAVENS GATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom