• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Look, I know this is hard for you guys to figure out, but you don't have to watch something if you don't like it. That way, you save yourself time that you can use to do something more productive, and let those who actually want to enjoy a show to do so.

I watch it in hopes that there will be a fight scene. If I watched it and I didn't like it, I believe I have the right to express that.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Isn't Rooster Teeth the same crew that did Red vs. Blue way back when? I guess they had to move onto something else eventually.

Well considering they also got into the Let's Play/Achievement Hunter nonsense and basically rode that out of a while, I think this is them trying to go "SHIT we need to go back to what we we're doing...but different!"

or not, I have no idea.

So ANN did an interview with Vic Mignogna and it got weird when Zac decided to ask him about his Christianity. In fact, it became a twenty minute "thing", for lack of a better term.

Not totally awkward or combative, but still a but ranty and martyr-ey.

Why you would even ask is something else entirely though, because the answers are completely predictable.

Did they also ask about him having underage fangirls in his hotel room while drunk?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I haven't seen this week's episode, but this was foreshadowed a while ago. I expect a face turn by the end of the series though.

The thing is, it isn't a heel turn, this isn't a "turn to the darkside" type deal, this is a fundamental difference is personal philosophy. Sonora is the only one who really gets where Yura is coming from now, having seeing basically the same thing happen with Rin and that is Yura does not know how to wind back and relax and have fun with the game. Conversely, and the rest of the club need to called out on this, they do not understand her, they do not understand her drive, they don't not understand that cheating to win has left her with no honor and might as was worse to her then a loss and they churlishly dismiss all of that. Moreover, the reason, the biggest reason is Yura feels accomplished at C3, indeed she now feels that C3 is holding her back and wishes to be on Team Rin because she sees that Rin holds herself to a higher standard and discipline which she also desires. The point I am going for her is her defection to Team Rin feels like such a natural and logical piece of her chracter development and the rift between her and the rest of C3 is only going to grow now, that I would say that any sort of rejoining the team without proper reconciliation would be very cheap and lazy, and I do not put it past them to do something like that.

Tenumi

Banned
Well considering they also got into the Let's Play/Achievement Hunter nonsense and basically rode that out of a while, I think this is them trying to go "SHIT we need to go back to what we we're doing...but different!"

or not, I have no idea.

From what I understand, its mostly done by a different group within Rooster Teeth. So its not like the same guys doing everything in the building.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did they also ask about him having underage fangirls in his hotel room while drunk?
This came up in IRC and no. lol
So much drama in the VA world... it's almost as bad as that Haruhi girl and her sex scandal!

The thing is, it isn't a heel turn, this isn't a "turn to the darkside" type deal, this is a fundamental difference is personal philosophy. Sonora is the only one who really gets where Yura is coming from now, having seeing basically the same thing happen with Rin and that is Yura does not know how to wind back and relax and have fun with the game. Conversely, and the rest of the club need to called out on this, they do not understand her, they do not understand her drive, they don't not understand that cheating to win has left her with no honor and might as was worse to her then a loss and they churlishly dismiss all of that. Moreover, the reason, the biggest reason is Yura feels accomplished at C3, indeed she now feels that C3 is holding her back and wishes to be on Team Rin because she sees that Rin holds herself to a higher standard and discipline which she also desires. The point I am going for her is her defection to Team Rin feels like such a natural and logical piece of her chracter development and the rift between her and the rest of C3 is only going to grow now, that I would say that any sort of rejoining the team without proper reconciliation would be very cheap and lazy, and I do not put it past them to do something like that.
Well, the reason that it's a heel turn is precisely because we all know that she is wrong. Win at all costs vs playing for fun. It's not that hard to see which is the right way to look at sports.

Hell, it's basically the plot of every single Mighty Ducks movie. lol

That said, I prefer this sport story to the one in Free! at least.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Look, I know this is hard for you guys to figure out, but you don't have to watch something if you don't like it. That way, you save yourself time that you can use to do something more productive, and let those who actually want to enjoy a show to do so.

I don't want to watch WataMote but I must make sure my hatred is continued to be vindicated since so many people bang on about how "good" it is.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This came up in IRC and no. lol
So much drama in the VA world... it's almost as bad as that Haruhi girl and her sex scandal!

Well, the reason that it's a heel turn is precisely because we all know that she is wrong. Win at all costs vs playing for fun. It's not that hard to see which is the right way to look at sports.

There is a definite lack of moralizing going on here, also, the C3 Club isn't in the right either.

Tenumi

Banned
I don't want to watch WataMote but I must make sure my hatred is continued to be vindicated since so many people bang on about how "good" it is.

So you watch it to yell at people that disagree with your opinion?

Fuck you all, I'm going off for the night. Maybe watching some stuff tomorrow will help me feel better.

wonzo

Banned
People have a right to watch whatever the like and praise.criticise it as much as they want. Please don't try and guilt people into not criticising something just because it hurts your feelings.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So you watch it to yell at people that disagree with your opinion?

Fuck you all, I'm going off for the night. Maybe watching some stuff tomorrow will help me feel better.

You are really surprised at this? Yes, I do it for accuracy and to not fall into the trap of complaining about shows I do not watch.

is that a tsundere comment ?

Are you tsundere for the watamote anime ?

"it's not like i'm watching this anime because i like it or something ...don't get the wrong idea !"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is a definite lack of moralizing going on here, also, the C3 Club isn't in the right either.
Again, I haven't watched it yet, but I find it hard that the evil team isn't evil and the Sawashiro team isn't good.

That said, I would actually be surprised/impressed if the show didn't take a position or actually said that winning is more important than having fun. Because no one does that. lol

Joe Molotov

4 day weekend, starting tomorrow.

YlVGJ.png

I've already finished GOTY Saints Row IV, so it's time to anime up this bitch! On the agenda:

Lupin III (Series I) - I'm on Episode 5

Dirty Pair - I'm on Episode 17

Paradise Kiss - I'm on Episode 4

I may start something new this weekend as well, we'll see how it goes. I'm open to suggestions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Again, I haven't watched it yet, but I find it hard that the evil team isn't evil and the Sawashiro team isn't good.

That said, I would actually be surprised/impressed if the show didn't take a position or actually said that winning is more important than having fun. Because no one does that. lol

The winning is more important then having fun angle is explored in great detail at the beginning and to Yura, the answer is the third option. Winning was more important then having fun, wining without honor was worse then losing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
is that a tsundere comment ?

Are you tsundere for the watamote anime ?

"it's not like i'm watching this anime because i like it or something ...don't get the wrong idea !"

I don't think I have ever really expounded upon any sort of positive on Watamote, I guess I can say it isn't dull, most of the time. That Summer episode was really fucking dull though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Free! is so weird as a sport story. Like...most of the time the series just seems super disinterested in the act of swimming itself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The winning is more important then having fun angle is explored in great detail at the beginning and to Yura, the answer is the third option. Winning was more important then having fun, wining without honor was worse then losing.
I take the third as the same as the first though.

Free! is so weird as a sport story. Like...most of the time the series just seems super disinterested in the act of swimming itself.
Well, it gets much less interesting when sports dorama happens anyway.

wonzo

Banned
fat mayaka > drunk chitanda

recorder and randoseru mi 8

recordermi8.jpg

hahah i get it he's a paedophile!!111

Senyuu 22

senyu22.jpg

The gang's finally back and the shows much better off for it too.

Ojamajo Doremi #25

Meanwhile the plot line of Lets Kidnap Hana continues, we gain Akatsuki, a wizard who falls in love with the Battle Rangers.

And he's an infiltrator, much like certain Precure villains. Anyway Doremi might score with him! Onpu certainly doesn't think so though
She wants Doremi for herself

Also more Merchandising, new cell phones! Now we don't need to be with each other!

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 5

Some of this stuff is getting a bit too weird. The towel wipedown for his sister and then he was about to kiss her...I know what he's trying to do and this is mostly benign (well, relatively speaking), but still...yucky.

But yeah, this Kaiki guy is pretty damn evil. And Karen actually has a bit of a point when she said she couldn't tell herself "Hey here's this bad person doing evil things but I'm not strong enough yet so I won't do anything". I didn't really get her whole deal with fighting for justice and shit beforehand, but now I kinda understand how she feels. Still, walking into the dude's office to say "I'm going to punch you" was still stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom