• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minami-ke 1

The digital composition has not aged well, but the animation is pretty neat. The whole kiss chase was crazy, as was the 3D rotating perspective shot when Kana leaped onto the table with her love letter. Masahiko Ohta delivering the goods, as he manages to do every now and then. These things are the sort of stuff that goes a long way towards selling the personalities of the characters, particularly Kana, who's got more energy than a 3 year old overdosed on sugar. Chiaki, a dry, sarcastic elementary student, is also a lot of fun. Haruka is your regular motherly type and so isn't that interesting, but she does serve as a foil for the other two. The potential is ripe for enjoyable antics.

The triangle mouths are pretty weird:

FxxWpXT.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's kind of sad how even renowned studios like Gainax work in ugly generic buildings with fluorescent lighting.
As I said before, the South Park guys work in a giant studio space with real offices in the middle of New York while in Japan it's poverty central. CG is the future, clearly!

Articalys

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ ep.9

I'll admit that at first I wasn't sure how the episode was going to work out with the
"grumpier former classmate who takes photography more seriously"
angle.

I shouldn't have let my faith waver; it was a beautiful episode with an emotional ending as usual.

The fact that this entire franchise hasn't been licensed by anyone internationally (as far as I know) is a travesty.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It is not that simple, which is why this was a really good episode.
YL6ZsJfl.jpg

Dat symbolism. lol

Yeah, I don't really see a third path here. This is the GooP story, but focusing on the preamble of getting stronger and the only style is the winning style first before everyone finds out that caring about friends and showing true sportsmanship is the best way to improve yourself and live life.

But hey, if this turns out to be the anti-GooP, where being cold, calculating, emotionless turns out to be the best way to live life, then I'll applaud the show for not giving us the typical sports pablum that we get in most sports stories (hey, even Friday Night Lights couldn't avoid this when the "ghetto" school ended up beating the rich white kids lol).

Don't talk about the secret best pairing.
Ah, found it.
WLqCYHCl.jpg

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 6

Senjougahara's about to go ruin a bitch. Weird to hear her talk so deadpan about this guy when she despises him so much and is about to go "punish" him, even though that's how she talks all the time. Still though, she's Senjougahara. "If I were a man, I'd be so jealous of your loneliness that I'd kill you." Too awesome.

Blue Exorcist - Episode 10

Yup... I saw this coming... a beach episode coming up next, smh. Why in almost every anime nowadays there has to be a beach episode. I can't even remember the last anime that didn't have one.

Anyways, this was a good episode. It really showed how high and mighty the
priest guy was (forgot name)
, and the cat was cute.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Short trailer for the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai live-action movie:

http://eiga.com/movie/79004/video/ (click on the left button in the player to start the video)
The hair still looks horrendous.

Also, a random now, why do Japanese movies have "roadshows"? I noticed this terminology in a lot of posters/trailers.

Irisu is almost destined to end up in a loveless arranged marriage.
In that fanfiction, she has yuri angst because she can't end up in an arranged marriage with Chitanda. lol

zeroshiki

The hair still looks horrendous.

Also, a random now, why do Japanese movies have "roadshows"? I noticed this terminology in a lot of posters/trailers.

Assuming this is a serious question, a roadshow in Japan is what they call "showing" in America, I guess. Soo.... "9/11 ROADSHOW" would mean "Showing 9/11". I'm sure there's some interesting etymology or whatever behind it that I've never bothered to find out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Assuming this is a serious question, a roadshow in Japan is what they call "showing" in America, I guess. Soo.... "9/11 ROADSHOW" would mean "Showing 9/11". I'm sure there's some interesting etymology or whatever behind it that I've never bothered to find out.

Well, a roadshow in English to me implies... I dunno, going on tour city by city or something. Going on the road, as it were. lol

Maybe this is like how bitch = slut.

Also, are you ready for the Ano Hana roadshow?!

zeroshiki

Well, a roadshow in English to me implies... I dunno, going on tour city by city or something. Going on the road, as it were. lol

Maybe this is like how bitch = slut.

Also, are you ready for the Ano Hana roadshow?!

There are a bunch of other Engrish words that mean different things in Japanese. They like abusing their foreign languages.

I'll probably watch Anohana in the afternoon. I'm not motivated enough to get up early for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There are a bunch of other Engrish words that mean different things in Japanese. They like abusing their foreign languages.

I'll probably watch Anohana in the afternoon. I'm not motivated enough to get up early for it.
Is that later than when you watched Kaze Tachinu?

Branduil

You can't deny there was actual effort put into that video!

That's what makes it so funny.

Someone decided that OrekixMio was not just a bizarre cross-series pairing they liked, but one worthy of an elaborately-constructed melodramatic ballad skillfully edited piecemeal from a large number of real anime series.

Shergal

That's what makes it so funny.

Someone decided that OrekixMio was not just a bizarre cross-series pairing they liked, but one worthy of an elaborately-constructed melodramatic ballad skillfully edited piecemeal from a large number of real anime series.

And that decision is what makes it Art!

Mature

I got an hour flight tomorrow. What should I watch? Was just gonna grab a couple Detective Conan AOs, but I feel like that might make it a bit slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom