• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

I wish Mari would have not existed.
I would be fine with all of the unnecessary weirdness present in the Rebuild movies if they managed to justify it in a great way— even in the final movie. I just... I can't possibly conceive how that could happen. Especially with one movie left. Oh well, I still find them enjoyable in a mostly superficial sort of way.

Mature

Since Kill La Kill was licensed by Aniplex of America, can we safely assume it's going to simulcast on Crunchyroll?
We can safely assume we wont be able to own the series with one purchase. We can safely assume that if we want to own it we'll have to take out second mortgages.

S3oY9HO.jpg

Mushibugyo 22

Better than the previous one but still not above average.

Tenma was (predictably) getting a beatdown until he used his all new powerful move that could have conveniently saved him from being repeatedly punched in the face, if he actually used it sooner. I did like the end of the battle because of how ridiculous it was.

Insect guy was incredibly annoying. Horrible VA and using the word "Justice" way to much is a bad combination.

Yes Precure 5 isn't that bad to marathon >_>

i disagree .

Gogo is alright , but Yes 5 is filled with mostly boring plot and a feelign that nothing is going to happen..the second part in particular wasn't that great to watch.
Being barely better than max heart isn't a glorious achievement...

-----------------
Dog & scissors - 10

And then suddenly it became a shonen contest !

Suicidal girl is now a little better .. hopefully she will became a greater addition now that she became an active member of the cast...

So next week is the return of "SHINING !" , but when are we going to have our showdown with the maid?

i disagree .

Gogo is alright , but Yes 5 is filled with mostly boring plot and a feelign that nothing is going to happen..the second part in particular wasn't that great to watch.
Being barely better than max heart isn't a glorious achievement...

Problem being is that no one went apeshit having to watch Yes! 5. Max Heart was boring because it was a retread that they just threw Hikari in for no particular reason, so it was basically Futari wa REDUX, now with this boring asshole.

Yes 5 pretty much pandered to exotic fetishes.

cnet128

Banned
Also ED2 is nothing but a disapointment , especially since ( if my memory is right ) it's a remake of an already great song in splashstar ruined by too many voices this time.

Sorry, can't agree here. The original Splash Star mix of Ganbarance de Dance was better, but I like this version too (the signature backing chorus vocals that all of Yes! Precure 5's themes include have grown on me somewhat, besides which Ganbarance de Dance is impossible to ruin) and the gorgeous visuals in it are possibly even better than Splash Star's (which is saying something).

4DNlveB.png

Nagisa Momoe, voiced by Kana Asumi.

Aw hells yeah. Approved as fuck.

Yes! Precure 5 - 43

Well, it's another Komachi/Nuts shipping episode, and that side of it was pretty sweet, but I feel like the real highlight of the episode was all the entertaining expressions. Which means...screencap time!

i36bWRJ00iAzT.png

"I-It's not like my romance novel is based on me and Nuts or anything!"

iTpepTPy1al4T.png

"K-Komachi is a tsundere?!"

iKIkfNwAPYKzr.png

"Imma help you write your novel! Kettei~!"
"That's assuming you have the brains to rule Lylat understand it."
"Oh, Milk, you're so funny. Teehee."

iXXcGc1gU1IfB.png

"Milk is not amused."

i0RTSNVL3umws.png

"go~~go~~"

iORXhcvwO6mdb.png

"Don't talk about me like I'm some kind of monster! ...Okay, I guess I am."

ibzPdbcHagNHbw.gif

"What, are we stealing monsters from Mario noooooooow?!!"

ib192dLG5FGGo7.png

"Eheheheh..."

idpv1ORmAOPCG.gif

"Oh, Nuts... Wait, that came out wrong."

CorvoSol

What is this from, and is it worth checking out?

It's true. Not only do they all kinda look the same, but sometimes I think that making an action scene too complicated just to show off more "awesome" animation in a scene makes it exhausting and often just hard to follow. The opening scene in the Star Driver movie has amazing animation quality, but it felt pretty tiresome to watch and there was never any context or momentum to build excitement in the fights. It was literally just animation spam.

Sometimes yeah, over the top can feel that way for me. Like, I felt that some of the fights early on in MJP were hard on my eyes, and I can't remember what other show I watched where that was the case. On the other hand, the relatively simplistic fights in MSG could often be a lot of fun to watch. Oh, now I remember: Gundam 00 post S1. Action took a huge nosedive in that show.

Madoka Magicka really is the Evangelion of magical girls shows.

I was told that Utena was the Evangelion of girls shows.

Branduil

It should probably just be Osamu Tezuka in general, since him basically inventing the modern anime industry is the closest analogue to Citizen Kane's revolutionary techniques.

Problem being is that no one went apeshit having to watch Yes! 5. Max Heart was boring because it was a retread that they just threw Hikari in for no particular reason, so it was basically Futari wa REDUX, now with this boring asshole.

Yes 5 pretty much pandered to exotic fetishes.
And that's why i can't stand it.

Sorry, can't agree here. The original Splash Star mix of Ganbarance de Dance was better, but I like this version too (the signature backing chorus vocals that all of Yes! Precure 5's themes include have grown on me somewhat, besides which Ganbarance de Dance is impossible to ruin) and the gorgeous visuals in it are possibly even better than Splash Star's (which is saying something).
As long as we agree that the original version is better , i have no problems

Nagisa Momoe, voiced by Kana Asumi.

i like that. Hoping she will be the key to solve the mess they all are in.

That was the thing that made it more bearable. The creep factor. Added a bit of extra comedy.

Imagining coco & nuts , being tortured and suffering sure sound nice ...but they were so unberable that i think that this wouldn't be a suitable end for them...

Only season of precure where i would have been satisfied if the bad guys won..

Who is the Saban of anime?

DOn't you dare transform into a Novid

Imagining coco & nuts , being tortured and suffering sure sound nice ...but they were so unberable that i think that this wouldn't be a suitable end for them...

Only season of precure where i would have been satisfied if the bad guys won..

A better suitable end would've been not having a second season, but then we're deprived of Milky Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom