• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
the korra of anime

Fate/Zero
ibhkyMbZxI6txZ.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So who is the Miyazaki of American Cinema?

A better suitable end would've been not having a second season, but then we're deprived of Milky Rose.

You already know what i think but i'll say it again anyway... but Gogo is much more bearable BECAUSE they actually made the characters change a little. Sure coco & Nuts are stiill garbage , but they actually gave Nuts some worthy scenes !!( human form only )

Nuts & komachi was actually a subtle shipping this time ,
milky rose arrived making the anime so crazy
, cure lemonade wasn't changed and is still useless , cure mint actually usefull in battle !! ( Believe it cnet ! ) but still it was overall better , better animated , better movies , better subplots.

Gogo is what i can call a worthy sequel , going from a 4/10 season to a 7/10 easily.

You already know what i think but i'll say it again anyway... but Gogo is much more bearable BECAUSE they actually made the characters change a little. Sure coco & Nuts are stiill garbage , but they actually gave Nuts some worthy scenes !!( human form only )

Nuts & komachi was actually a subtle shipping this time ,
milky rose arrived making the anime so crazy
, cure lemonade wasn't changed and is still useless , cure mint actually usefull in battle !! ( Believe it cnet ! ) but still it was overall better , better animated , better movies , better subplots.

Gogo is what i can call a worthy sequel , going from a 4/10 season to a 7/10 easily.

Well I certainly agree that GoGo is a better sequel, although I wouldn't exactly say subtle, more like it stopped existing, but we already know it was established, much like how the NozomixCoco thing pretty much became subtle instead (outside of GoGo movies, which feels like a pent up sexual/creep frustration letting loose).

Articalys

Well, things got weird enough on the last page or so, probably couldn't hurt to add more Saimoe results.
09/02: Round 1, Group D Day 1

D01
1st 112 (34.46%) Kotori Minami @ Love Live!
2nd 77 (23.69%) Suzuno Kamazuki @ Hataraku Maou-sama!
3rd 72 (22.15%) Manami Tamura @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
4th 64 (19.69%) Yui Kotegawa @ To Love Ru

D04
1st 112 (37.09%) Asia Argento @ High School DxD
1st 112 (37.09%) Hanayo Koizumi @ Love Live!
3rd 78 (25.83%) Himeko Inaba @ Kokoro Connect

D07
1st 150 (47.47%) Yuka Uchida @ Minami-ke
2nd 97 (30.70%) Regina @ Doki Doki! Pretty Cure
3rd 69 (21.84%) Takami Shibuya @ Saki

D10
1st 148 (47.90%) Misaki Shokuhou @ A Certain Magical Index
2nd 98 (31.72%) Touka Yatogami @ Date A Live
3rd 63 (20.39%) Nasuno Takamiya @ Teekyuu

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 4

I don't think she wants your help.

And Ami is the first one to get Rei to open up. I guess this is where the Ami x Rei stuff started?

There was an enemy that required them to beat them all at once, but getting the timing off wouldn't kill them... so they used the power of SONG to do SYNCHRONIZED DANCING.

side note: Nephrite got sent out. Maybe there's a change up to how the Enemy is handled throughout the thing.

Hope they stay true to Makoto's stature.

Dokidoki precure - 30

This episode showed clearly 3 things ..

-Mana is still broken tier
-cure rosetta is nerfed-tier ( amazing how nerfed she is , even rugal from tales of symphonia is not as nerfed )
-Cure ace 5 minute nerfing is the most stupid plot device they could have found and it shows.

Dokidoki%21%20Precure%20-%2030.jpg

very rare moment in dokidoki precure where i enjoyed everything that happenned

This episode did establish other things :
-Sebastian doesn't freaking care if he is flying next to a freaking dragon , that butler sure is a professionnal
-Toei can still produce some battles that are intresting to watch!!! why did they stop doing that is unknow ( last time was ep 21 i believe )
-Mama is plot protected , we knew that already but it shows , not even sebastian was ready to provide food , but mana was .
- Rosetta doesn't care that a dragon/dino hybrid who can breath fire exist ...... i guess a rich oujo sama has superior values to be surprised.
-Why the heck was sebastian
the one using his legs as a pillow for mana ?
What about rikka ? makopi ? aguri ? WTF .

CONCLUSION: It was a damn fine episode , are we out of the fillers, now ?Surprise me next week toei !

Dokidoki precure - 30

This episode showed clearly 3 things ..

-Mana is still broken tier
-cure rosetta is nerfed-tier ( amazing how nerfed she is , even rugal from tales of symphonia is not as nerfed )
-Cure ace 5 minute nerfing is the most stupid plot device they could have found and it shows.

This episode did establish other things :
-Sebastian doesn't freaking care if he is flying next to a freaking dragon , that butler sure is a professionnal
-Toei can still produce some battles that are intresting to watch!!! why did they stop doing that is unknow ( last time was ep 21 i believe )
-Mama is plot protected , we knew that already but it shows , not even sebastian was ready to provide food , but mana was .
- Rosetta doesn't care that a dragon/dino hybrid who can breath fire exist ...... i guess a rich oujo sama has superior values to be surprised.
-Why the heck was sebastian
the one using his legs as a pillow for mana ?
What about rikka ? makopi ? aguri ? WTF .

CONCLUSION: It was a damn fine episode , are we out of the fillers, now ?Surprise me next week toei !

Cure Rosetta is nerfed as hell because having another Sunshine would be an even bigger tryhard (this would've been the better alternative though ._,)

Damn straight on Cure Ace.

Moms are tough, that's why Mana has food.

Sebastian displayed just how awesome he is, who wouldn't want him.
Other reason probably being that Toei wants him in more doujins

CorvoSol

Star Driver and sure why not.

I'm gonna trust you on this. I don't agree with your feelings about Turn A, but you've never steered me wrong on a mecha show before here.

Stardriver movie. An average BONES show about giant robot bishounen. Watch the last 3 episodes of the TV series, you can skip everything else.

What passes for an "average" BONES show about giant robots? Cuz I've only seen E7, PFoR, AO, and if I'm being HELLA generaous Liberation Maiden. E7 and Liberation Maiden were fantastic, but PFoR and AO are like if a goose was an anime.

Oh yeah I forgot about Howls.

Everyone forgets about the best my favorite Miyazaki movie.

Branduil

How much you like Star Driver depends on how well you can tolerate incredibly repetitious formula and cliched stock character types to get to the high-quality mecha animation.

Me, I dropped it after about 10 episodes and then just watched last episode.

Cure Rosetta is nerfed as hell because having another Sunshine would be an even bigger tryhard (this would've been the better alternative though ._,)

Damn straight on Cure Ace.

Moms are tough, that's why Mana has food.

Sebastian displayed just how awesome he is, who wouldn't want him.
Other reason probably being that Toei wants him in more doujins

i just can't accept "moms are tough" as an explanation since i've played ff13
I just can't..

Also if that was toei plan for sebastian , it's a utter failure, given what was at C84 and what the same groups have planned so far or the popularity pools.. This won't turn into another wolfrun case don't worry.... now seriously he was the default choice because they didn't want to officially ship any girl with mana yet ... in short toei bailled out when they could have sent a message.

and where the heck is princess knight lover ? did he just elope with the princess cold corpse or something ? he simply disapeared from the show.

fertygo

I'm gonna trust you on this. I don't agree with your feelings about Turn A, but you've never steered me wrong on a mecha show before here.

What passes for an "average" BONES show about giant robots? Cuz I've only seen E7, PFoR, AO, and if I'm being HELLA generaous Liberation Maiden. E7 and Liberation Maiden were fantastic, but PFoR and AO are like if a goose was an anime.

Everyone forgets about the best my favorite Miyazaki movie.

Star Driver is fine show, its not offensively bad like some in this thread seem thinking.

But its just gave you "indifference" feeling the most, you watch 24 eps and you got nothing aside flash here n there.

I'm DYING to see it in SRW though, just a perfect fit.

i just can't accept "moms are tough" as an explanation since i've played ff13
I just can't..

Also if that was toei plan for sebastian , it's a utter failure, given what was at C84 and what the same groups have planned so far or the popularity pools.. This won't turn into another wolfrun case don't worry.... now seriously he was the default choice because they didn't want to officially ship any girl with mana yet ... in short toei bailled out when they could have sent a message.

and where the heck is princess knight lover ? did he just elope with the princess cold corpse or something ? he simply disapeared from the show.

No, I wouldn't actually mind if Sebastian got more exposure to that crowd, but the problem with that is that male characters in Precure hardly ever got exposure, and this has been going on since its inception. The only exception to the rule is Yes5+GoGo because they were "more important" with the cast than Jonathon Klondike Bar or that one dude Nagisa was pining on.
Seriously, get Sebastian with Alice people.
. Other than that, it's either Yuri or the general "self insert" stuff.

In more serious terms, I was poking at your typo, and the Klondike bar is basically watching over a corpse, so he can't reappear until the plot calls for it, much like how Regina stopped existing until we got our first Aguri focused episode.

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 11

Woman pissed me off going "don't force your ideals on other people", when she was the one about to kill Tsukihi because she was a fake human and thus was evil.

Eh, anyway, show woulda been better without the incest noise and with way more Senjougahara. Are there any OVAs of this I should watch, or is Nekomonogatari my next stop?

Jarmel

Banned

Let me make this clear. I don't think the show is good but it has some good moments. It's a show better watched on Youtube as the best thing about it is the sakuga fights. It's also not a terrible show either.

How much you like Star Driver depends on how well you can tolerate incredibly repetitious formula and cliched stock character types to get to the high-quality mecha animation.

Me, I dropped it after about 10 episodes and then just watched last episode.

You missed the great episode around 16 where the action sakuga went off the scale for a little bit with the jetpacks/boosters.

cajunator

Banned
Let me make this clear. I don't think the show is good but it has some good moments. It's a show better watched on Youtube as the best thing about it is the sakuga fights. It's also not a terrible show either.

You missed the great episode around 16 where the action sakuga went off the scale for a little bit with the jetpacks/boosters.

Wait it has jetpacks?

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 5

Having fantasies of people not being your friends takes you on some STRANGE JOURNIES!

But seriously, it was so fucking deliberate on pushing the "People might actually be bitches and not your friend" angle so damn hard just to make Ami suffer, it's like a j-Drama or something!

zeroshiki

Well he doesn't really need to ever use it since he can always get the budget to do whatever shot he wants in 2D.

While the budget thing is of course true, I'm sure Anno could have gone hand drawn with Rebuild if he wanted especially considering how much money those movies have made. I'm glad Miyazaki is a stubborn old fart and insists on hand drawn and I fret for the future when Ghibli is no more.

Articalys

This is such a minor news story it's normally not worth noting but the title of the work mentioned makes it perfect for AnimeGAF.
Ken Liu's story "Mono no Aware" won the award for best short story in this year's Hugo Awards. Viz Media published the story in last year's The Future is Japanese collection.

cajunator

Banned
While the budget thing is of course true, I'm sure Anno could have gone hand drawn with Rebuild if he wanted especially considering how much money those movies have made. I'm glad Miyazaki is a stubborn old fart and insists on hand drawn and I fret for the future when Ghibli is no more.

There are a few things though that just work better with cg, like the moving castle and other large complex animations.

Branduil

That's because Anno doesn't give a crap about anything any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom