• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
It's a bit early, but which of the girls do you like most at this point? Komachi has my undying love (for various reasons).

It is indeed a bit early, but at this point my "always fall for the MC" pattern seems to be holding up. Nozomi is super adorable. Urara is pretty cute too, but hasn't had enough focus yet for me to develop any strong feelings about her.

Avoid making pairings. Worst mistake to do right now, you'll just cry as you see your toys get broken.

I knew going in to this series that the only true pairings are Cures x Mascots =p

Actually do you like Rin?

She's not bad. The Naruto voice only occasionally gets to me now =p

cajunator

Banned
Yami Hat, Pillow Talk, and Loli Christ 6

Breast Breast, I want breast, you three people have breasts, where's my breasts, I want a loverererererer

Poor little girl is forever a loli

Oh and Seiren appears, and she wants Yami's disturbing ass hat. Being the bird is suffering.

There's so much talk about breasts, the thing that is openingly displayed without nipples, that it's just about natural, and the loli has some strange headaches, some splitting pain headaches and---

WHAT THE FUCK EH!?
SHE BECAME LOLI CHRIST AND SPLIT THE OCEAN BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO GO BEYOND THE OCEAN, WHAT THE FUCK LOLI NINJA IN THE FUCKING TORN SKY SHE'S CLEARLY MORE EVIL THAN I THOUGHT, WHAT IS SHE!? SHE FUCKING CLOSED IT AND PROCEEDED TO ATTEMPT TO DROWN HER, WHAT!?

Dammit, and there was sense too!

This episode isnt that great all things considered but that
sky tearing
actually does get slightly explained. The show gives it a hand wave for a few seconds then goes on to other ridiculous things.
I really love how the show explains what Seiren is.

The general claim is that it's mostly Chibiusa and because Chibiusa sucks the series sucks. Whatever's wrong with Supers, it's not Chibiusa. She's such an unfairly hated girl.

Haha, yeah, I completely overdid it back there. Sorry.

This is how I first thought of Chibi Usa and kinda how I still view her, although I no longer hold the whole series against her.

People in the Toonami thread claiming SAO has good action. :( This is why we can't have nice things.

The apocalypse is nigh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
64fYF.gif
Truly, like a boss.

For all the pacing issues I believe Penguindrum is still worth checking out. Also you wound me yadda yadda.
It's really not. :(

It is indeed a bit early, but at this point my "always fall for the MC" pattern seems to be holding up. Nozomi is super adorable. Urara is pretty cute too, but hasn't had enough focus yet for me to develop any strong feelings about her.

I knew going in to this series that the only true pairings are Cures x Mascots =p

She's not bad. The Naruto voice only occasionally gets to me now =p

1) Come to think of it, I think my favorite is a character that'll debut later on for you.

2) At least you knew that ahead of time *sobs*

3) Ah was just wondering
because being Rin is suffering

• The Sunday Without God 1-2
So many photo filters, hnngg. Gives it a look that I'm not much of a fan of.

For some reason this is reminding me of Scrapped Princess. Not that the stories are really all that much similar, but tonally sort of. But with zombies, apparently.

Ai's got some kind of Stockholm Syndrome going on or something.

cajunator

Banned
We really don't get enough of these.

I told you this show was a must see!
One of the very finest things on THE LIST.

You just had to drag Porun into this, didn't you?

Some people just dont understand the little guy my friend. He did us a service. thats all that matters.

Chibiusa is like Porun? Guess I'm in for cockblocking!

Porun's cockblocking of those two annoying fuckers is the very best thing about him.

cnet128

Banned
Porun's cockblocking of those two annoying fuckers is the very best thing about him.

I never really understood the way you people always focus in on that particular aspect of Porun, since that was never part of his appeal for me. Then again, I never really disliked Mepple and Mipple. They certainly weren't the greatest mascots or anything, but they were inoffensive and had their moments as characters. Their love-love antics were just vaguely endearing if anything.

EDIT: Dammit, just using the expression "love-love" has somehow got the first season Precure ED in my head again.

cajunator

Banned
Today is Sword Art Online dub day.

Working on something that'll take up time till the airing, wahaha.

I am excited. Like legitimately. Want to see how it all sounds in glorious English.

As long as they don't screw up the voices of Lisbeth and Silica I really don't care what they do otherwise.

So I was just roaming around on GAF and I saw a thread and someone mentioned a site called TVtropes. I looked into the site and they show almost every genre known to man on there, for anime as well. While searching I found one topic that I think will keep me busy for a while.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Yandere/AnimeAndManga (WARNING: I'd say just take a peek but don't read some of these. Some of them are spoilers for certain anime)
Welp, seems like I'll be good for a while. I have a TON of new anime shows I need to watch now :)

Welcome to the Hotel TVTROPES. You can check out anytime you like BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.

Ever spent hours on Wikipedia?

All the time >_
Particularly reading about different cities and places. When it comes to history or geography Im putty in their hands.

cnet128

Banned
Welcome to the Hotel TVTROPES. You can check out anytime you like BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.

If you have the willpower, it's actually possible to just close the entire browser window containing the thousand open TVTropes tabs. It feels incredibly wrong, but it is possible. I've done it myself a couple of times when I was truly in need.

cajunator

Banned
So, anybody know what Yasuhiro Takemoto has been up to? He hasn't done anything since Hyouka and he's been pretty quiet. Any tweets or something?

Probably waiting for Hyouka to get licensed first.

I have to admit I really enjoyed the first few episodes of SAO, (that boss fight in episode 2, for example, was pretty hype) but after episode 3 it just kinda meandered between mediocre and bad until that hilariously stupid ending of the first half in episode 14 where I called it quits. Never looked back since then and I find it amusing that people say it gets worse after that.

Yeah I dropped that shit after 14 and never looked back either. Even with what appears to be more Cute in it. Not even that could bring me back. I hate it so much.

3 episodes into Gurren Lagann. This show is the shit.

Yes it is. And you havent really seen anything. Hoooo boy.

I like to think both endings can coexist

They can, but pitting them against each other in a battle to the death is more fun! There can only be one true ending!

wonzo

Banned
Love Lab 4

lovelab4.jpg

This entire episode would've been a complete waste if not for the Lingerrrrrrrie~ bit and the tsundere musical bt at the end, the later of which acted as a pretty sweet setup for some amazing stuff to go down in the next episode. I just hope there isn't as much drama as the PV leads on.

I guess Rei was the inspiration for the mentally ill magical girlfriend.

cajunator

Banned
It's worth watching, it's just no Utena.

PenguinDrum is wacky and fun enough to be worth a watch. Just for Ringo alone. God shes so cute. Shes SOOOOO CUTE.

• The Sunday Without God 1-2
So many photo filters, hnngg. Gives it a look that I'm not much of a fan of.

For some reason this is reminding me of Scrapped Princess. Not that the stories are really all that much similar, but tonally sort of. But with zombies, apparently.

Ai's got some kind of Stockholm Syndrome going on or something.

Interest in this rising quickly.

LordCanti

You watch it for the jokes? I thought the purpose of the show was tits.

Even the tits are poorly animated. There is a point in the show where her boobs are kind of...swaying...despite her sitting at the time.

If tits are the point, there needed to be some bare ones by now.

LordCanti

Overseas shipping isn't too bad you can go to checkout and see.
Note that these disks ARE region B coded so will not play on US players.

Can I get around that with a modded PS3, or is that some hard coded thing?

Edit: Googled, and apparently I can. Awww yiss. Mother. Fucking. Bebop.

More importantly (perhaps): Bakemonogatari is coming out there, and it's pretty cheap.

You prefer Geass to Escaflowne? I didn't even know that was possible.

Or Geass to Champloo or Kids on the Slope? Wat?

Danj

Are you in the UK or abroad? I'm wondering how much shipping would be to the US.

Overseas shipping isn't too bad you can go to checkout and see.
Note that these disks ARE region B coded so will not play on US players.

UK. But I've already heard of several Americans who are reverse importing them. As mentioned, you'll need a region-free or region-switchable bluray player or PC though.

Can I get around that with a modded PS3, or is that some hard coded thing?

Edit: Googled, and apparently I can. Awww yiss. Mother. Fucking. Bebop.

There's a region hack for bluray for PS3? Tell me more.

LordCanti

UK. But I've already heard of several Americans who are reverse importing them. As mentioned, you'll need a region-free or region-switchable bluray player or PC though.

There's a region hack for bluray for PS3? Tell me more.

I found an old method from 2011 here. I'm checking for newer methods now.

I would imagine that the old method still works on a CFW PS3, but I don't want to be the guy in 2013 that busts his CFW with a 2011 patch, so I'm going to make sure first.

Danj

I found an old method from 2011 here. I'm checking for newer methods now.

I would imagine that the old method still works on a CFW PS3, but I don't want to be the guy in 2013 that busts his CFW with a 2011 patch, so I'm going to make sure first.

Ahh, requires custom firmware, pity. My PS3's only about 10 months old so I'm not quite ready to go invalidating its warranty just yet.

duckroll

Silver Spoon - Episode 3

Good episode, good animal animations, same poor production values. I don't really understand how a huge hit manga like Silver Spoon is getting such a lackluster visual treatment from A-1 Pictures. It's really holding the show back because it doesn't even try to hide or dress up the lack of budget. It's a show which definitely looks and feels "cheap" every week when I watch it, and that makes me sad. :(

Next week is the pizza episode, they better knock it out of the park! :p

----

Majestic Prince - Episode 16

Another character centric episode without much CG action. I'm really digging the show at this point. It's probably a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome. I like the characters, and I like seeing how things actually develop. I'm happy for Amane's promotion and how he's actually working with competent people now instead of that dead end loser she was previously under. It's interesting to see how Asagi starts to feel left out when Izuru gets closer to being the shounen hero he dreamed of being. All the little touches are pretty effective, even though all the characters are fucking ugly. Oh and this week we get to see the manager's car again. That thing is so fucking weird. Lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Isn't the chara design by Umakoshi?
Is there something I should know about Igarashi? Please enlighten me, staff is not my forte.
Ah, nevermind. Made a reply before reading the spoiler tag, which ended up completely changing how the post reads. While there is stuff you should know about him it doesn't apply in this context.

Meanwhile, turns out that a certain song actually does go from A to Z in the full version.

Still only ten episodes in, I'm afraid. Must-try-harder.

i'll just state that your speed has dropped but that's what i expected ..with splash star you kinda want more but with yes! you're in a weird state of " i'll see more but later"

Let me tell you : this won't change untill the 2nd part of yes!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Love Lab 4

Pretty boring, to be honest. I might be in the minority here, but I think Kitakubu does this sort of humor better. All that Love Lab has going for it is the occasionally nice animation, which this episode didn't have.

If next week isn't funny I'm going to consider dropping it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well SuperStupid has Chibiusa and Pegasus Metaphors on top of what is supposedly the best episode of the franchise. Gotta make up my little progress today.... sadly a good deal of ongoing anime is saturday too (puts them to the side).
R movie will make you a believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom