• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Servant x Service 4

Hasebe still trying to get himself dat oppai. Though I wish he'd be a bit less creepy about it at times. :lol

Also, the significance of the pink stuffed rabbit in the OP has been explained:
he's their goddamn section manager
:lol. Did not see that coming.

Still my favorite show of the season, for sure.

sonicmj1

Silver Spoon - Episode 3

Good episode, good animal animations, same poor production values. I don't really understand how a huge hit manga like Silver Spoon is getting such a lackluster visual treatment from A-1 Pictures. It's really holding the show back because it doesn't even try to hide or dress up the lack of budget. It's a show which definitely looks and feels "cheap" every week when I watch it, and that makes me sad. :(

Next week is the pizza episode, they better knock it out of the park! :p

You really don't understand it?

I mean, Magi wasn't that long ago.

Railgun S Episode 16

The Sisters Arc is over. Superbly done by the often criticized JC Staff. They silenced their critics with this one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Servant x Service Episode 4: Yea, I am growing rather bored of this show quickly and Habese is suck an oily little tick that I want to smash my monitoring device every time he darkens my screen. Adding this to the dropped pile.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Giant Robo: The Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still] 4
Hk9DVD4.jpg
I'm impressed they managed to pull of two (three?) "good guy" deaths in this episode and still come across as believably emotional. To be fair they both go out in fairly dramatic ways, but I think it speaks a lot about the quality of the script that they accomplished some realistic emotional drama on this type of superhero mishmash.
This episode was also cool as fuck, but I thought the best part was the somewhat lulled music that led up to the climax. It would have been easy to just go overblown with the orchestra, but this way it managed to make the episode more poignant.
This shot was there for only one frame and it was scary, dawg.

P.S. Yoshi for best waifu.

If it's popular, isn't that just a reason to spend less money on it, because the brand will sell itself regardless?

Servant x Service Episode 4: Yea, I am growing rather bored of this show quickly and Habese is suck an oily little tick that I want to smash my monitoring device every time he darkens my screen. Adding this to the dropped pile.

But Hasabe is the best part of the show.

cnet128

Banned
i'll just state that your speed has dropped but that's what i expected ..with splash star you kinda want more but with yes! you're in a weird state of " i'll see more but later"

Let me tell you : this won't change untill the 2nd part of yes!

Well, the main reason my speed has dropped is because the new season started and I picked up far too many shows =p But yeah, I was never really expecting to keep up a super-high pace indefinitely.

I blasted through Futari wa in a single week because I started it at a convenient time when I wasn't watching too much and didn't have anything else pressing to do, plus I was on the high of starting an all-new series. Also, I knew Max Heart was coming up next so I wanted to make sure I built up the momentum to push on through that.

Then I blasted through Max Heart in a single week because I knew it was a big low point in the series, so I wanted to get it behind me as quickly as possible.

Then I slowed down a bit for Splash Star because it was just plain fun and I wanted to take my time and enjoy it. Plus there was no way I could keep up the breakneck pace I'd used for the first two series for much longer either way >.>

And finally, we come to Yes!, which is maybe not quite as fun as Splash Star was, but I'm definitely enjoying it. My pace has slowed significantly for this one partly because I've run out of steam a little, but mostly because I've got so many other things to watch, due to the new season starting, plus I have other stuff taking up my time like new games and light novels (right now I'm reading the Bakemonogatari novels, which is also the new season's fault, but even if I wasn't, I have the new Accel World novel to read and various other LNs in my backlog.) At any rate, I don't want to burn myself out on Precure or anything, so I think it's a good thing if I take this one relatively slowly, but I don't want to lose all my momentum either, since I do have a full 100 or so episodes of these characters to get through!

cajunator

Banned
I'm talking about Misaki.

Cutest depressed anime girl ever.

My Cowboy Bebop part 1 Bluray set just shipped from Amazon UK :D

Arrives Monday.

Yall are soooo lucky :(

Are you in the UK or abroad? I'm wondering how much shipping would be to the US.

Mentioning Geass is a worse offense IMO.

Geass is a positive on that cover.

Goal reached! Anime Sols has their first successful series, with the first 13 episodes of Creamy Mami reaching $19,000 in crowdfunding.

What is this site? Like an anime kickstarter?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If that is your bag, sure, fine, whatever, you are not convincing me that Habese is not a creepy douchenozzle who needs a good thousand or so slaps upside the head.

fertygo

Talking about Penguindrum, I wish we hear some news about Yurikuma Arashi already.. whatever that you feel about Penguindrum, certainly its have unique charisma that you couldn't see anywhere else at these day. So I still excited for Ikuhara's work.

You have too much imagination
There's also the issue of me showing up as Mami causing a laugh riot that would bring the con scene to its knees.
But mami is not a bad character ... and there is still the possibility of comming as a group ( each cosplaying a different girl.

Well, the main reason my speed has dropped is because the new season started and I picked up far too many shows =p But yeah, I was never really expecting to keep up a super-high pace indefinitely.

I blasted through Futari wa in a single week because I started it at a convenient time when I wasn't watching too much and didn't have anything else pressing to do, plus I was on the high of starting an all-new series. Also, I knew Max Heart was coming up next so I wanted to make sure I built up the momentum to push on through that.

Then I blasted through Max Heart in a single week because I knew it was a big low point in the series, so I wanted to get it behind me as quickly as possible.

Then I slowed down a bit for Splash Star because it was just plain fun and I wanted to take my time and enjoy it. Plus there was no way I could keep up the breakneck pace I'd used for the first two series for much longer either way >.>

And finally, we come to Yes!, which is maybe not quite as fun as Splash Star was, but I'm definitely enjoying it. My pace has slowed significantly for this one partly because I've run out of steam a little, but mostly because I've got so many other things to watch, due to the new season starting, plus I have other stuff taking up my time like new games and light novels (right now I'm reading the Bakemonogatari novels, which is also the new season's fault, but even if I wasn't, I have the new Accel World novel to read and various other LNs in my backlog.) At any rate, I don't want to burn myself out on Precure or anything, so I think it's a good thing if I take this one relatively slowly, but I don't want to lose all my momentum either, since I do have a full 100 or so episodes of these characters to get through!

OK then ..Do your best.

I.. It's it's not like i'm waiting for your impression or anything ... don't get the wrong impression , alright ...

I should work more on my tsundere writing

Novid

Banned
I heard a rumor that one of the Fate Dubs sold for 40 dollars a boxset and it sold out in about 3 days. (Granted Its Gamefaqs but still)

Railgun S - 16

When i look at the arc , they did a pretty good job with it . this episode being proof that they can do a good job if they want to.

Well i'm satisfied . Now let's do a filler arc with those 8 remaining episodes ( including more saten + uhiaru + more item ).

Part of me wants to say skip GoGo because it's STILL not done being subbed, but we're pretty much missing 38-41.

Articalys

Saimoe guy was a bit late with day 3, so here's two days worth of round 1 prelim guaranteed tourney entrants at once:
1st 136 Eru Chitanda @ Hyouka
2nd 121 Wakana Sakai @ Tari Tari
3rd 110 Himeko Tsuruta @ Saki
4th 102 Kirino Kousaka @ Ore no Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
5th 91 Chiwa Harusaki @ Ore No Kanojo To Osananajimi Ga Shuraba Sugiru
6th 86 Chihaya Ayase @ Chihayafuru
7th 85 Sasami Tsukuyomi @ Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
8th 84 Katyusha @ Girls Und Panzer
8th 84 Haruka Amami @ The Idolmaster
10th 82 Sukoya Kokaji @ Saki
11th 80 Yuniko Kouzuki @ Accel World
12th 79 Anastasia Nasuhara @ Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai Yo Ne!
12th 79 Kanon Nakagawa @ The World God Only Knows
14th 75 Takane Shijou @ The Idolmaster
1st 179 Rikka Takanashi @ Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!
2nd 176 Main Character @ Mankind Has Declined
3rd 128 Emilia Justina @ Hataraku Maou-sama!
4th 125 Kotori Minami @ Love Live!
5th 115 Yukino Yukinoshita @ Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru
6th 105 Iwai Mushanokouji @ Dansai Bunri No Crime Edge
7th 97 Manami Tamura @ Ore no Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
8th 93 Asia Argento @ High School DxD
9th 83 The fairies @ Mankind Has Declined
10th 77 Yoriko Matsumoto @ Yuyushiki
11th 74 Nasuno Takamiya @ Teekyuu
11th 74 Chiho Aikawa @ Yuyushiki
13th 73 Komoe Tsukuyomi @ A Certain Magical Index
13th 73 Minatsu Shiina @ Seitokai No Ichizon

cajunator

Banned
Neat -- they're making a full replica of Mami's rifles. Yours for 15,540 yen (14,800+tax).

http://www.movic.jp/index.php?ctrl=sheet&code=25432

I would consider this if it was a real functioning gun. But a replica...no thanks.

Pshh how can you not believe in those blue penguins?

I believe in them. I have them!

Man. Gaming Side used to be awesome. Now its gone wajah with Noire's new specs (is it a cup? b cup? 32 -28-30?)

Gaming side was awesome when?

Tenumi

Banned
So I was just roaming around on GAF and I saw a thread and someone mentioned a site called TVtropes. I looked into the site and they show almost every genre known to man on there, for anime as well. While searching I found one topic that I think will keep me busy for a while.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Yandere/AnimeAndManga (WARNING: I'd say just take a peek but don't read some of these. Some of them are spoilers for certain anime)
Welp, seems like I'll be good for a while. I have a TON of new anime shows I need to watch now :)

TV Tropes is a terrible site ran by terrible people that should never be viewed again. Sorry, I very much dislike TVTropes.

Goal reached! Anime Sols has their first successful series, with the first 13 episodes of Creamy Mami reaching $19,000 in crowdfunding.

I'm still tired, so this title makes me think lewd things, even though I know better.

Part of me wants to say skip GoGo because it's STILL not done being subbed, but we're pretty much missing 38-41.

At the pace I'm going, I'll be able to slide GoGo in at the appropriate time! Hurray?

Railgun S - Episode 16

Satisfying end to the Sisters arc, I really did enjoy the redo of the plasma plus Accelerator's short inner monologue before he got
Touma-punched.

Now we need more Saten-san and this series will be awesome.

...or we can have more Frenda for Misaka to kick more ass...

Hwnm4p7.jpg

Defuser

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 16

Finally the Sister's Arc is done. The whole ordeal is bloody fucking fantastically excellent with the directing, the action,the emotion and the darkness. J.C.Staff and Nagai did a solid job in adapting the source material well. I must say it again, Nagai should totally do Index 3.

Sister's Arc prequel - A+
Sister's Arc remake - A- (Slightly disappointed there's no Gensou Koroshi playing when Touma delivers the finisher)

Railgun S - 16

Well i'm satisfied . Now let's do a filler arc with those 8 remaining episodes ( including more saten + uhiaru + more item ).
Aren't you forgetting the Liberal Arts City SS Arc they gonna adapt potentially? It was already hinted before ep 5. They probably gonna do 4 filler episodes before adapting it. That arc is in important in establishing new characters for Index 3 and probably Railgun 3's Daihaseisai arc.

fertygo

Gatchaman Crowds - 03

Ugh... tempted hard to just drop this, the pacing are erratic.. story also all over the place, character isn't interesting and :wonzo on everywhere. At this point Uchouten Kazoku are much better Nakamura-ish show, and this just repeat of C

I guess I can decide after one more episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom